Bliss Specialty Restaurants

dvond

58 minutes ago, dvond said:

I just booked and most times are taken and honestly dont have a clue when we want to go yet, do some times open up when on board?

Also are there any to stay away from quality wise?

Thanks!!

Had the same issue on our cruise last week.  Once you get on board go straight to Teppanyaki.  They'll have a bunch of stands staffed up for you to make/change reservations at.  Or you can try to use the electronic kiosks set up around the ship

2 hours ago, dvond said:

I just booked and most times are taken and honestly dont have a clue when we want to go yet, do some times open up when on board?

Thanks!!

You can book on embarkation day. But by early afternoon on embarkation day, restaurants will be sold out of prime time reservations for the whole cruise and some may sell out for all times on all days. 

3 hours ago, dvond said:

Thanks!!

I wouldn't use one of my meals at Q.  Double up at Cagneys or Le Bistro.

Mike

To be fair - the food at Q isn't bad, it just doesn't carry the value when using the SDP.  My meal at Q (loaded fries with pulled pork, jalapeno and cheese sausage, brownie) totaled $28 plus gratuity if paid out of pocket.  Venues like Cagney's, Le Bistro or La Cucina could ring up a bill 3x that amount for just one person if paid out of pocket.  Shoot, just the entree at those places costs more than my entire meal at Q.

If you want maximum value from the SDP, don't use it at Q.  I'm not saying to avoid the place entirely.

There will be some times available, but they sell out pretty quickly. As for location- we had some surprise winners:

- los lobos was really good. If we go back on bliss, I think we would return for the guac and street corn, so good.

- food republic was a good value for us- 4 items per sdp, so four of us ate on two SDP. And it’s open for lunch on sea days which was a nice variety and not crowded at all

5564B006-A762-4D9F-BDDF-21C451336DD1.jpeg

0D9859AB-783A-46B4-AD8F-6B7FFB9DEB10.jpeg

3B2CF965-13AC-4543-A409-00436B2CE61E.jpeg

039ED764-6A4D-4971-9CE1-8453E23D7DF3.jpeg

93C1F8A9-25BA-4BEF-9403-AC22B6FF7832.jpeg

As long as you book as soon as you board, you should have no trouble getting the times and venues you want. On Bliss, I enjoy most of the specialty restaurants, but I agree that you are better off paying out of pocket or with OBC for Q. You can get a large sampler platter that usually feeds myself and my SO for something like $25?

I would rather save my SDP credits for the higher ticket venues like Le Bistro.