RCCL Cancelled our cruise. Luckily it's a year away.

Woke up this morning to an email about our cruise on the Quantum of the Seas for January 30, 3021, a 40th birthday gift for my girlfriend, was cancelled due to RCCL making changes to those itineraries. Now we're debating if we should cancel that and book something else or change to another cruise on the same ship with a near identical itinerary, which might suffer the same fate.

Anybody have experience with this? How'd it work out for you?

11 minutes ago, cmp702 said:

I'm confused by your post.  The title is RCCL cancelled our cruise, but then you say "......if we should cancel that and book something else"  

I see where the confusion is. I didn't explain that we have until March 10 to rebook on another cruise or get a full refund.

This just happened to me with Celebrity.  Our Feb 2021 cruise was chartered.  They offered us $100 per person.  We had booked Sky Suites at a very good price.  They gave us 5 options of new sail dates that would keep our price locked in plus the extra ship board credit.  The option we chose didn't have any Sky Suites available and they upgraded us to the next suite up!  For us is worked out great!  

If they are price locking you in at your original price (and it's a good one) then I would for sure re-book with whatever options they gave you.  I think it's pretty rare honestly that these things happen.....but if it did happen again, you would probably just benefit from it again!

1 hour ago, jeremyosborne81 said:

Woke up this morning to an email about our cruise on the Quantum of the Seas for January 30, 3021, a 40th birthday gift for my girlfriend, was cancelled due to RCCL making changes to those itineraries. Now we're debating if we should cancel that and book something else or change to another cruise on the same ship with a near identical itinerary, which might suffer the same fate.

Feeling your pain.

We are experiencing it now.  Sadly, RC has cancelled a number of the Quantum sailings in 2021.  The remaining sailings on the Quantum had itinerary changes.  We were also given the March 10th deadline to cancel or rebook. Note: Our email stated $100 OBC per inside/ocean/balcony staterooms...$200 for suites...and an additional $50 each for the 3rd and 4th person in the stateroom. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, bonsai3s said:

Feeling your pain.

We are experiencing it now.  Sadly, RC has cancelled a number of the Quantum sailings in 2021.  The remaining sailings on the Quantum had itinerary changes.  We were also given the March 10th deadline to cancel or rebook. Note: Our email stated $100 OBC per inside/ocean/balcony staterooms...$200 for suites...and an additional $50 each for the 3rd and 4th person in the stateroom. 

So $200 onboard credit.

Yeah. That sounds about right.

Wow... I booked Independence of the Seas for Sept 2020 in Europe and they canceled the cruise (they moved Independence to the Caribbean instead). They gave us a really nice cruise credit (about 25% of what our cruise was supposed to cost). We re-booked for a different ship (Jewel) in Oct 2020 instead. I'm pretty happy, cause the new cruise was cheaper by a bit AND we got a nice credit.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:08 PM, jeremyosborne81 said:

January 30, 3021 is not 1 year away.😛

Hope you find a great replacement cruise!🙂

Strange that RCL offer some sort of compensation (all be it small) for cancelling a cruise over a year away  but they gave absolutely nothing for cancelling this years Quantum cruises with very short notice. The 15/02 cruise that we should have been on was cancelled 4 days before it should have sailed and all they gave was a refund of any money paid. 

Sad to hear that there will be no Singapore sailings next year though as we would still like to cruise from there one day.

Same email cancelling our cruise out of Singapore next April. There doesn’t seem to be any sailings at all. Not sure why and unable to see if there is a similar itinerary on sale.

I’d be interested to hear of any you find!

11 hours ago, lynneh said:

Same email cancelling our cruise out of Singapore next April. There doesn’t seem to be any sailings at all. Not sure why and unable to see if there is a similar itinerary on sale.

I’d be interested to hear of any you find!

We re-booked for the 7 night Best of Malaysia and Thailand on Feb. 4, 2021. It was a little more expensive, but we already invested so much into it and it's a birthday present, so might as well.

From the email they sent us, apparently they're changing the Quantum's shorter itineraries and getting rid of a few.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:05 PM, cmp702 said:

This just happened to me with Celebrity.  Our Feb 2021 cruise was chartered.  They offered us $100 per person.  We had booked Sky Suites at a very good price.  They gave us 5 options of new sail dates that would keep our price locked in plus the extra ship board credit.  The option we chose didn't have any Sky Suites available and they upgraded us to the next suite up!  For us is worked out great!  

If they are price locking you in at your original price (and it's a good one) then I would for sure re-book with whatever options they gave you.  I think it's pretty rare honestly that these things happen.....but if it did happen again, you would probably just benefit from it again!

Can I ask which sailing got chartered? TIA

bobj