Travel Industry visitors on Splendor

travelingduo

I realize that Regent is introducing the travel industry to the new Splendor, but I have concerns about the myriad of 'visitors' who will be on board the ship during her two night stay in San Diego as well as the ship tours that will be given during embarkation day on March 14th prior to sailing.  I sincerely hope that the same protocol for PASSENGERS will be implemented for these GUESTS. It would be unfair to the passengers on this sailing to be subject to having had literally hundreds of guests onboard who have not been screened.  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, travelingduo said:

I realize that Regent is introducing the travel industry to the new Splendor, but I have concerns about the myriad of 'visitors' who will be on board the ship during her two night stay in San Diego as well as the ship tours that will be given during embarkation day on March 14th prior to sailing.  I sincerely hope that the same protocol for PASSENGERS will be implemented for these GUESTS. It would be unfair to the passengers on this sailing to be subject to having had literally hundreds of guests onboard who have not been screened.  

I am scheduled to board Splendor out of San Diego on its regular sailing on March 14th. I hadn’t thought about this and agree 100% that everyone boarding Splendor is rigorously checked. 
sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

First - it is not a given that Splendor will be berthed in San Diego for those two days - 12th and 13th March.  If things go according to pattern (3 day cruise Ancona/Civitavecchia, similar Civitavecchia/Barcelona)  this will be a mini cruise for a selected number of TAs and I would think the pre-cruise screening will be in place.  

Second - I think that there is no one more conscious of the dangers to passengers and crew from this Covid-19 than the management of Regent.  Regent and its parent company have already taken a huge hit financially because of it.  I don't think they would be so dumb as to increase the chances of infection rather than to minimise them!

• Like 2

I can't even think about Regent doing anything less than checking everyone the same.  If fact I'd think they would want to show TA's how much they are doing to keep their customers safe.  After all it's the TA's that keep those ships full.

My concern is not with the group going on the two night fam tour; they will be checked.  My comment concerned any that might arrive onboard afternoon of 14th for lunch and a tour and debark before sailing that night.  If those are let on board they should be letting onboard the friends and families that have been told they cannot board that afternoon.

Marc

I suspect Regent feels that the less people the better but that they also feel the TA's generate business...more business than visitors do. Keep in mind that the visitor's are not just visiting guests, they are visiting crew as well.

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

I wonder if TAs will be on board between the time the mini cruise passengers disembark and 1200 when we board ?  Or the afternoon we board?   Who has confirmed that they will be?

Jackie - you have a point there.

The word that I received from management at Regent, is there will be no visitors on Regent, Oceania or NCL until the virus is over.  However, this will happen AFTER the 2-day TA cruise out of San Diego.  My interpretation of that is that TA's will not be onboard wandering around Splendor when we board.  

2 minutes ago, Hambagahle said:

Precisely - So the TA's will be on the cruise, and then get off like "normal passengers". - and then we will board.  We are, after all, "normal passengers..."

Gerry

Hey!!  Who are calling "normal"???😁

• Like 1