82 Sick on Grandeur?!?!

On 2/29/2020 at 8:35 PM, 3red7s said:

we sailed the Grandeur from 2/20 thru 2/28.  we could not access our suites until 2 pm vs the usual 1 pm.  we were told that the prior cruise had cases of the flu and that the ship had to be "bombed" with disinfectant.  we had a great cruise but got a late start & missed Nassau due to a huge storm.  we also had to return to Orlando to drop of a medical emergency person....non of this had to deal with illness

I was on the same cruise.

On 2/29/2020 at 12:00 PM, suesnake2002 said:

.........And i am not impressed by the "deep cleaning"  It will do nothing for airborne diseases. 

They can't stop airborne, but at least they're trying to clean the surfaces.

Ok, I just discovered something very interesting and germane to this discussion.

The winter 12 night southern Caribbean cruises on the Grandeur are very popular.  They sell out early.

It's 11:30 P.M. on Monday, March 2, and I could book any number of cabins on the March 7 sailing of the Grandeur.  If I had enough meds, I might stay on - but I don't.  And I miss my grandson.  😄 

• Like 2

On 2/29/2020 at 12:04 PM, ONECRUISER said:

Think there was one or two ships that had even higher totals. Been on one those ships after extensive cleaning, sterile, safer...

The Crown Princess had many cases a few years back. Our 7 day cruise turned into a 5 day cruise to nowhere as there were so many cases we were ordered back to Port Everglades.

Got all of our money back, a discount on future cruise, and they got us airfare home since we came back 2 days early.

3 hours ago, DragonOfTheSeas said:

Well, just as an FYI.  We have just gotten word that St Lucia will not let us call on our cruise. We will have to see if there are any other changes. 

There seems to be active negotiations between the cruise company and the islands. This article talks about Jamaica and Carnival. I suspect similar things between RCL and St Lucia that result in port change.

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/article/lead-stories/20200303/cruise-clash-late-night-talks-appear-falter-carnival-threatens-pull

• Thanks 1