Carnival Breeze-Beaches To Go To

Mokescaps

Magen’s Bay In St Thomas is very nice. You need a cab or shuttle to get there from Havensight  Pier. You can rent umbrellas and loungers there too. They also had food stands right on the beach last time I was there with my family.

21 minutes ago, Corby114 said:

Magen’s Bay In St Thomas is very nice. You need a cab or shuttle to get there from Havensight  Pier. You can rent umbrellas and loungers there too. They also had food stands right on the beach last time I was there with my family.

Also Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.  In the DR if you are at La Romana, book a day pass at the Hilton (old Dreams) Resort.  If at Amber Cove, beach is right there. In San Juan, your nearest beaches are up in Condado and Isla Verde.  All of these are a taxi ride away.  Lots of information on the ports of call boards for these ports.

Thanks.  We are at Amber Cove, DR.  Is the beach ok to go to ?   How far a walk from the ship?

Was leaning towards Sapphire Beach.  So, it's better than a cruise excursion to go to a beach in SJ by 

taxi?   How far a ride?   Do you know?

you will LOVE Amber Cove pool area.  They have rafts to rent, a lazy river, pools etc....... it is amazing.  We are going back there at the end of the month on the Breeze. When are you cruising on the Breeze?

21 hours ago, Mokescaps said:

We are on the Breeze April 25th.      Will check ports of call boards.   Haven't done it yet.

Thanks

We're on that cruise, too. We booked the Coconut Cove Authentic Beach Break excursion in Amber Cove. Last time we were there, we stayed at the port and weren't impressed. We're not "pool" people, I guess. We need salt water. :)

Can only comment on St. Thomas -

We went to Sapphire Beach in St. Thomas.  It was gorgeous but the water was rough.  They have restrooms (very basic), bar and a burger food stand.  They rent chairs, umbrellas(if not too windy) and snorkel gear.  I also saw par-sailing but do not know where the stand was.   Friends decided to go to Megans Bay beach.  Same amenities but there is a $5 per person entry fee and they said the water was calm.  Coki Beach was another popular choice and no entrance fee.  

All very accessible by taxi both at the pier and beach.  Have fun!!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2020 at 1:20 PM, Mokescaps said:

Thanks.  We are at Amber Cove, DR.  Is the beach ok to go to ?   How far a walk from the ship?

Was leaning towards Sapphire Beach.  So, it's better than a cruise excursion to go to a beach in SJ by 

taxi?   How far a ride?   Do you know?

We are booked on the Carnival excursion for Sapphire Beach.  It includes transportation, lounger, snorkel gear, and a drink coupon.  It's only 2.5 hours at the beach, but for our time in port we couldn't do much longer than that comfortably on our own and Carnival is actually a little cheaper than doing it on your own 😮