Could I cancel my cruise next weekend and rebook the same one for a better price?

Jezo

The policy says you can get your FCC if you cancel now, so could I do that and rebook the same cruise right away?  The final price is now the same with open bar and dining added on, tax and all that included. 

3 minutes ago, SouthLyonCruiser said:

It always pays to have a good travel agent. We booked a cruise and a 20%^ off deal came up. I called my travel agent and she got us the better deal and we kept our same cabins. One email to her, no waiting on hold.

The OP’s Cruise is next weekend and way past final payment so this is a different scenario with current cancellation policies taking place .... call. Do not rely on CC for your answer .

This new policy, I believe, provides a credit towards the next Cruise, as opposed to an immediate refund. I suspect to you could cancel and rebook, but you would have to accept the future cruise credit in lieu of a refund.

33 minutes ago, Jezo said:

The policy says you can get your FCC if you cancel now, so could I do that and rebook the same cruise right away?  The final price is now the same with open bar and dining added on, tax and all that included. 

In the past, NCL FCC for a cancel for any reason claim had to be used on a single future purchase. Use or lose. 

In our case, we cancelled an Alaskan cruise and got a FCC. We tried to use part of that FCC on a cheap Caribbean cruise and were told that we would lose the unspent FCC. 

So, you could cancel and rebook a cheaper cruise, but be very, very careful that you don't lose the unspent FCC. Because that is the way it has worked in the past. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

In the past, NCL FCC for a cancel for any reason claim had to be used on a single future purchase. Use or lose. 

In our case, we cancelled an Alaskan cruise and got a FCC. We tried to use part of that FCC on a cheap Caribbean cruise and were told that we would lose the unspent FCC. 

So, you could cancel and rebook a cheaper cruise, but be very, very careful that you don't lose the unspent FCC. Because that is the way it has worked in the past. 

Awesome point that some may overlook..... I suspect that it's not treated as a gift card that carries a balance to be used later.    Something NCL should definitely clarify. 

37 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

BirdTravels

Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of trying that for an April cruise. Your warning has me thinking. I used 2 FCCs.  The gain would not make up for the loss of 2 FCCs.

42 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

According to their new policy, this is listed in the FAQ section. I suppose only time will tell if they actually put this into practice. Although, since it's in black and white, it would be difficult for them to renege on it.

If the cruise fare for the new booking exceeds the FCC’s value, guests will be responsible for the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the FCC’s value, a new FCC will be issued for the remaining balance.

I wouldn't lose anything, the way I see it I spent $1800 on the cruise. Now when I do the same room type for the same ship its $1880 for the room and drinks and dining.  So I would spend a little more but thats fine for all the extras.

11 minutes ago, Jezo said:

I wouldn't lose anything, the way I see it I spent $1800 on the cruise. Now when I do the same room type for the same ship its $1880 for the room and drinks and dining.  So I would spend a little more but thats fine for all the extras.

The refund won’t be immediate either. It says it could take up to 7 days. So you’d most likely have to pay again for this cruise and use the credit on a new booking.

For those considering revising their current booking to something else (which is more expensive overall than their original booking) rather than a cancellation and new booking, ask about a simple transfer.  Then there is no gap between.

23 hours ago, tallnthensome said:

The OP’s Cruise is next weekend and way past final payment so this is a different scenario with current cancellation policies taking place .... call. Do not rely on CC for your answer .

Getting an answer from your travel agent; providing you have a good one, is always the quickest and best way to find out anything you need to know.