Anyone currently on Star Princess Hawaii cruise

howlingfun

If you're on this cruise in Hawaii right now what is the situation on the Islands and at the ports?   Any passengers sick?  Is the ship full?  Any information is welcome since we are scheduled to embark on the Star for Hawaii when you return on Friday.  Thank you.

3 hours ago, howlingfun said:

If you're on this cruise in Hawaii right now what is the situation on the Islands and at the ports?   Any passengers sick?  Is the ship full?  Any information is welcome since we are scheduled to embark on the Star for Hawaii when you return on Friday.  Thank you.

I have a friend who is on this cruise and is having a good time.  They have had a "normal" cruise to this point.  No illnesses, no missed ports.  Yes, ship is well occupied.

Pooh

We returned last night from two weeks on a land trip to Kauai.  It was business as usual in the islands.  We were in Hanalei the day the Grand was in port.  It was packed with cruisers in Hanalei.  We were mostly outside and did not come in close contact with anyone.  I see that the first case in Hawaii was confirmed today.  We have sailed Princess 12 times and I am profoundly sad for the company as this is our favorite cruise line to travel.  I hope Princess survives the coronavirus.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:58 AM, howlingfun said:

I am wondering also😉 We you able to get off in all the Hawaii ports 

I am scheduled to be on this cruise and have not cancelled yet, I am curious at what point Princess would elect to cancel the sailing due to guest cancellations. A quick scan on the booking site shows this ship that was a fully sold out a week ago is now over 50% empty. 

I am scheduled for the Star April 7. My husband wants to cancel but I don't want to let the panic take over. At least we have until the 31st to decide. Wil loose airfare though. Had it booked with Princess & fare went down but for some reason Princess or I couldn't change it so I went directly though the airline

20 hours ago, victory2020 said:

I am scheduled for the Star April 7. My husband wants to cancel but I don't want to let the panic take over. At least we have until the 31st to decide. Wil loose airfare though. Had it booked with Princess & fare went down but for some reason Princess or I couldn't change it so I went directly though the airline

Check with your airline. Many are changing policies right now and you may be able to get future credit.

We're scheduled to board the Star on 3/28 for the Mex Riv/Sea of Cortez cruise. We have been SO looking forward to this cruise for well over a year for a whole host of reasons. But, I have to confess we're conflicted. I am not so worried about getting the virus, per se; but I have to confess I am a little concerned that ports will be closed to us; and more concerned that the virus will be detected and we'll be stuck in quarantine for 2 weeks afterward. That would be extremely problematic for us for many, many reasons. We're holding on for now, but ....  🤞🤞🤞