Haven on Joy questions

Wedgie23

I booked haven for the first time on Joy I hope I didn't rush the booking though because I'm noticing some odd things. 

The room I chose, 15130 seems to have been added since the referb and I'm unable to find any information about it. It's listed as a Penthouse Suite With Balcony. There appears to be 4 others like it on deck 15. I chose this one because it appeared as though it would have the slanted balcony and from what I've read here that tends to mean the balcony is a bit bigger. Other than NCLs deckplans other sites don't even list the room as existing and I can't find postings from anyone who has stayed in it so I'm wondering if I should be concerned or if the slanted balcony in this funky add on room would be not only not larger, but smaller? 

I notice looking through the deck plans deck 15 isn't near the actual Haven areas which are on 17, 18 and 19. Is this going to cause me any issue? I've heard you need an access card for haven areas but I had thought haven areas were kept more together, even though I'm not staying on the deck with the haven areas will I have any trouble getting access to the haven spaces? I know with the addition of concierge class rooms some people have made the mistake of thinking they had access to those spaces when they didn't but just to be 100% sure, so long as your room name has 'Haven' in it all 'Haven' categories of rooms still enjoy all the haven perks and spaces?

I tried to read as much on the board about Joy's haven sundeck and it seems there's a bit off mismatch of info so I'm hoping someone whose recently been on board might have an idea. The deck plans show the haven sundeck on deck 19, right next to Vibe and a public sundeck. Some people have mentioned the public sundeck area has actually been converted to an extension of vibe. Is this true? That would mean the haven sundeck is completely closed off from the public areas of the ship, the only way to access it would be the courtyard on 17 since without a vibe pass you couldn't walk through vibe to get to the haven and that would also mean there is no bar available on that deck to anyone without a vibe pass. It would just seem very odd to completely cut off the Haven sundeck from anything but 2 flights of stairs and also if you wanted to have some drinks in the sun you'd need to carry them up 2 flights from the haven bar as well. 

Deck 15 is directly under the pool and garden cafe. 15130 seems to be right under the division between the buffet and pool area, should I be expecting it to be a particularly noisy cabin? 

Thank you anyone who has any info. 

3 hours ago, Wedgie23 said:

I notice looking through the deck plans deck 15 isn't near the actual Haven areas which are on 17, 18 and 19. Is this going to cause me any issue? I've heard you need an access card for haven areas but I had thought haven areas were kept more together, even though I'm not staying on the deck with the haven areas will I have any trouble getting access to the haven spaces?

No problem with Haven access. There are plenty of other Haven suites throughout the ship that have Haven access, too. Your room card will access the Haven entrance.

...but just to be 100% sure, so long as your room name has 'Haven' in it all 'Haven' categories of rooms still enjoy all the haven perks and spaces?

Correct.

That would mean the haven sundeck is completely closed off from the public areas of the ship, the only way to access it would be the courtyard on 17 since without a vibe pass you couldn't walk through vibe to get to the haven and that would also mean there is no bar available on that deck to anyone without a vibe pass. It would just seem very odd to completely cut off the Haven sundeck from anything but 2 flights of stairs and also if you wanted to have some drinks in the sun you'd need to carry them up 2 flights from the haven bar as well. 

The forward-facing sundeck is entirely Haven. You are correct that the Haven bar is 2 decks down (one reason why some Haven guests get VIBE passes) but there are servers in the Haven who will take drink orders from the sundeck or courtyard and deliver to you. There is also an elevator next to the bar for decks 17, 18, 19.

As for noise, I don't know. It is close to the elevator (a positive for some, a negative for others) but I doubt that it will be a problem. I'd also guess that the balcony is larger than standard (15148, 15150) because of the angle.

I have that very same cabin booked for a cruise next year, I have done a near exhaustive search for information and like you have come up empty handed. I hope someone on CC has taken some photographs, or has some insight into this specific cabin.

Edited by stefmaia

5 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

There is also an elevator next to the bar for decks 17, 18, 19.

Thanks so much for all your info. I don't know how I missed that elevator on the plans, that would make it easier if you're carrying a bunch of stuff. Still hoping that the public deck is there with direct bar access but we shall see. 

3 hours ago, stefmaia said:

I have that very same cabin booked for a cruise next year, I have done a near exhaustive search for information and like you have come up empty handed. I hope someone on CC has taken some photographs, or has some insight into this specific cabin.

That's so funny! Glad to see I'm not the only one in the new mystery cabin, I was starting to wonder if I was going crazy booking a cabin everything but the direct NCL deck plans say doesn't exist. My Joy sailing isn't until May 2021 so I'm hoping before now and then someone will shed some light. I'll be sure to keep you posted if I am able to uncover anything,  if not I'll just hide a note for you behind the coffee pot with tips and tricks lol. 

2 hours ago, Wedgie23 said:

Thanks so much for all your info. I don't know how I missed that elevator on the plans, that would make it easier if you're carrying a bunch of stuff. Still hoping that the public deck is there with direct bar access but we shall see. 

That's so funny! Glad to see I'm not the only one in the new mystery cabin, I was starting to wonder if I was going crazy booking a cabin everything but the direct NCL deck plans say doesn't exist. My Joy sailing isn't until May 2021 so I'm hoping before now and then someone will shed some light. I'll be sure to keep you posted if I am able to uncover anything,  if not I'll just hide a note for you behind the coffee pot with tips and tricks lol. 

I’m on in April, if you are first week in May, I get off as you get in!

• 2 years later...
On 3/9/2020 at 8:17 AM, stefmaia said:

Hi,  I booked 15130 on an upcoming Mexico cruise.  Any updates on the room or the angled balcony?  Thanks!

Hi, I have the same angled balcony Haven suite booked in March.  I booked it hoping the balcony was a bit larger.  We just did the forward facing penthouse on the Breakaway. Loved it, except for the small balcony.  We’ve stayed in the Haven “proper” and outside with access, the location makes no difference to me.  

Thanks for asking this, like you, I haven’t been able to find much on it.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:38 PM, Sailing12Away said:

I'm on 15140 in about a week, but will be in 14778 in February. It's a similar angled balcony to yours. We always pick the angled balcony when it's available. I'll try to remember to come back and share photos/videos when 

6 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Now I'm all confused... I'm on board in about 24 hours. I'll poke my head out the balcony and see as far forward as I can from my room to try and settle the debate.

Enjoy your cruise and have fun celebrating with fellow🐀s especially the birthday! 🥳🥂

14 minutes ago, Sailing12Away said:

Now I'm all confused... I'm on board in about 24 hours. I'll poke my head out the balcony and see as far forward as I can from my room to try and settle the debate.

Hope you have a great trip and wishing you safe travels!  If you think of it,  ask you butler what he knows about 15130s balcony.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2022 at 9:38 PM, Sailing12Away said:

I'm on 15140 in about a week, but will be in 14778 in February. It's a similar angled balcony to yours. We always pick the angled balcony when it's available. I'll try to remember to come back and share photos/videos when we get back.

How was your cruise?  What did you think of 15140?  Could you hear noise from pool deck above?  Did you find any information on 15130 balcony?   I am sailing Feb 5th, are we on the same cruise?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 7tacosdown said:

How was your cruise?  What did you think of 15140?  Could you hear noise from pool deck above?  Did you find any information on 15130 balcony?   I am sailing Feb 5th, are we on the same cruise?

I did a semi-live review while we were on board with a bunch of photos. See if this helps you out: 

The Haven family villa is great, the room is huge and I only heard noise from above on the morning of disembarking. I tried looking over to 15130 but it was too far down from my room to see anything. When the door was open one day we peeked in as we walked past and it looks like there is definitely 2 sets of big windows.

We'll be back on the Joy in February. Originally was booked in an HI, but just changed our cabin to be in another HH for the extra space.  

16 hours ago, 7tacosdown said:

Could you hear noise from pool deck above?

i was in a haven suite on the joy on deck 15. you could indeed hear some noise from the pool deck above... early in the morning from deck chairs and later in the day, assorted screaming and laughing and talking and music could be heard on the balcony. but not that much. it didn't bother me as i thought it might.

but the minimal noise probably had a lot to do with the average age of the passengers on this cruise (63.5 years), as well as the cooler weather, meaning hat fewer people were on the pool deck. YMMMV with a younger crowd and if you cruise in warmer weather.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
On 9/20/2022 at 10:18 PM, 7tacosdown said:

So how was this room (15130)?  I am booked in it for July 30th.  Is the balcony slanted?  Is it windy? Thank you in advance.

On 8/27/2022 at 9:44 PM, 7tacosdown said:

Hi,  I booked 15130 on an upcoming Mexico cruise.  Any updates on the room or the angled balcony?  Thanks!

How was 15130?  How was the balcony?  Thank in advance.  We are in this room in July.

I've been in 15140 and 15736. Both were lovely. The one on the port side had some minor noise issues from the pool deck above early in the morning, but not so much that it woke me up or bothered me. And we honestly only heard it on debarkation day. No noise at all on the starboard side. Both rooms were amazing and by far IMO the best bargains to be found on the ship.