Escape Cruise 2/29-3/7

cincicruisers

14 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

Final thoughts

I found a DUCK!  In all my years of cruising I have never found one.  I was excited like a kid in a candy store.

We selected Pink luggage tags.  We waited in room for our tag to be called.  Was supposed to be called at 8:30, called at 8:15.

There was only two times the whole cruise I had to wait for elevator (Aft elevators).  I still can’t believe that there was no waiting.  I use a walker and folks would move over so I could get in.  Very polite and no issues at all with elevators.

Our buffet was self serve during the cruise.  I was hoping it would have changed to employees serving.

We wiped everything down with hospital grade wipes we got from friend who is nurse.  It still drives me nuts that folks don’t wash hands in restrooms.  We would re-clean our hands after touching serving utensils.  

We had a great time and would recommend the Escape.  

Thanks for your awesome review.  Nice to hear good feedback.  I am sailing the Encore in June.  Happy travels.

15 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

Kind of a bummer that I took the time to post review on our cruise and no one responded.  Guess the corona virus is taking over the boards. 😞

Yeah I didn't  find your post until now, it's not that old & already on page 2! Corona is taking over everything 😞 thank you for the review (and the reason I go on CC to read others thought!) I've been on the Escape 2x & right now it is my favorite ship. I'm glad you had a good time, it seems as if you guys really relaxed, good for you. Thanks for taking the time & don't take the no responses personally, people are worried about their upcoming cruises (me also) & I think it right now it's all they can think of. 

• Like 1

We were on the same cruise.  Was told by the GM at the CC Meet & Greet that the ship was only 2/3s full.  Agree that there didn't seem to be a shortage of people out and about but I will note that we had the thermal suite practically to ourselves all week.

And BTW...we found a duck too!  It was hidden in the hand rail on deck 8.  It was my first ever cruising duck and he promptly got an anti-viral bath!  Ultimately, we ended up hiding him again.

We also enjoyed our cruise on Escape!

13 minutes ago, worktocruise610 said:

Yeah I didn't  find your post until now, it's not that old & already on page 2

My review of this same cruise got buried under corona virus threads as well.  I think people are just trying to gather and keep current on as much info as they can.  Especially if they have a trip on the books for the near future.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Escape is still my favorite ship. I love reading reviews about her and seeing other people get to love her. I am not sure when I will be sailing the Escape again since it's moving to the Baltics, but I hope it's back in North America in the next year or two.

Escape is back in US sailing out of Port Canaveral November 2020 -April 2021.

5 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

People hide small rubber ducks  around the ship.  If you find a duck post picture on website and hide the duck for the next person to find.

What post do you post the picture on?

38 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

People hide small rubber ducks  around the ship.  If you find a duck post picture on website and hide the duck for the next person to find.

I should have said what website do they post the pictures on.