Unable to Modify/Cancel RoyalUP Bid

I looked through the (very long) RoyalUP thread for a while but I couldn't find anyone else that seems to have had this issue.  I apologize in advance if I missed it.

We placed a competitive bid for a 2BR Grand Suite on our upcoming cruise on Oasis.  My wife mentioned that she really wants the suite so I was going to go in and up the bid a bit to remain completive.  However, when I click on the "Modify/Cancel" button on the confirmation e-mail, it takes me to a page that shows my bid and that its "Pending" but there are no options to modify or cancel the bid.  

Has this happened to anyone?

Thanks and happy sails...

How close is your cruise?  It may be that your offer was accepted and that is why you cannot change.  Given the problems with Royal's IT (and, yes, I know this is a separate company, but still), it could just be a glitch.

4 minutes ago, jahannah said:

How close is your cruise?  It may be that your offer was accepted and that is why you cannot change.  Given the problems with Royal's IT (and, yes, I know this is a separate company, but still), it could just be a glitch.

We are sailing on 4/5 - so a bit more than 3 weeks.

1 minute ago, jahannah said:

If it is Freedom (I am on that 4/5 cruise), there have been a lot of cancellations and lots of suites have opened up.

Its Oasis but I'm guessing that its likely the same situation.

27 minutes ago, NickPenn said:

I looked through the (very long) RoyalUP thread for a while but I couldn't find anyone else that seems to have had this issue.  I apologize in advance if I missed it.

We placed a competitive bid for a 2BR Grand Suite on our upcoming cruise on Oasis.  My wife mentioned that she really wants the suite so I was going to go in and up the bid a bit to remain completive.  However, when I click on the "Modify/Cancel" button on the confirmation e-mail, it takes me to a page that shows my bid and that its "Pending" but there are no options to modify or cancel the bid.  

Your bid has been locked in .

I believe you can call and alter it.

we just had a junior suite and put in good bids for grand and owners.

We received the rejection email after we where on the ship. I wasn’t impressed with the whole thing.

11 minutes ago, Jam0610 said:

Button to modify or cancel is gone.

I went back to the orginal e-mail I received from RoyalUP and clicked the link.  It took me to the RoyalUP page but now says "Not eligible for upgrade"

1 hour ago, rsuther223 said:

I just checked our royalup offers and it said they all expired. And i can't make new offers. We sail 3/22 so I guess we just have to go with it.

That’s really strange.  I guess a lot of odd things are going on right now given the circumstances.

2 hours ago, NickPenn said:

I went back to the orginal e-mail I received from RoyalUP and clicked the link.  It took me to the RoyalUP page but now says "Not eligible for upgrade"

I’m in the same situation but with the April 5th Celebrity Silhouette - one says pending rest say expired. I’m keeping my fingers crossed!   

Edited by wendyam76

3 hours ago, NickPenn said:

Just happened to me. My sailing (in two days) has over 500 cabins available...lots of suites, lots of everything...I made 3 bids two came back as expired and the other while pending for a day...came back just today saying upgrade unavailable (even though there are 17 of the category available). Lucky for me, while I was waiting.... I was able to swap to one of the best non suite cabins on the ship. So in a weird way it worked out good for me. Someone said you can call?.... I called and was told you must email them. As I said in another thread, I emailed (twice) and did not hear anything back. It may be that they are just swamped right now. 

4 hours ago, rsuther223 said:

I just checked our royalup offers and it said they all expired. And i can't make new offers. We sail 3/22 so I guess we just have to go with it.

do a mock booking for the upgraded cabin.  you may be surprised to find out that the cost of an upgrade (from what you originally paid) is less than your royal up bid !!!  

• Like 1