Future Cruise Credit

I got my cruise canceled by my TA.   The amount they have is different than what I paid.  I was thinking I should get it all back in the form of a FCC.   Is that not the case?   Also, where do I see the FCC on the RC website when I sign in?

if you were not in the 100% penalty period you will only get the penalty amount in the form of an FCC.  The taxes, port fees, and non-penalty amount will be refunded to your credit card.   Rumor has it that it will take a few weeks to get the FCC due to the craziness that is going on...

• Like 1

Our travel agent told us that we cancelled our current cruise (planned for April) and booked a new one, we would need to put down a new cash deposit for the new cruise ($250 per person). Does that sound right? I think that would mean that in order to use the full FCC we would need to spend at least $250 more per person on the new cruise compared to our current booking? Does anyone else have any information from your TA or RA regarding whether a FCC can be used for a deposit on a future cruise or whether the deposit would need to be in cash?

Thanks! 

Just now, bwoliner said:

Our travel agent told us that we cancelled our current cruise (planned for April) and booked a new one, we would need to put down a new cash deposit for the new cruise ($250 per person). Does that sound right? I think that would mean that in order to use the full FCC we would need to spend at least $250 more per person on the new cruise compared to our current booking? Does anyone else have any information from your TA or RA regarding whether a FCC can be used for a deposit on a future cruise or whether the deposit would need to be in cash?

Thanks! 

a fcc can only be applied to an existing reservation.  In order to create a reservation you need to put down a deposit.  If the value of the fcc covers the balance owing plus the deposit then the deposit will be refunded.

1 hour ago, Bri Lewis said:

Has anyone has issues with RCCL credit card points that were redeemed for onboard credit? I have 800 worth. I am hoping I am not told you lose this by rescheduling??

Bri, DW and I had $250 on a PR Cruise leaving Marc 28th.  TA cancelled for us.  I had to call Royal about the OBC.  When I finally reached someone, I was told that I would NOT be getting those points back on the CC.  What I'm supposed to do is hold onto the Redemption Confirmation, and when we re-book they will apply it for us.  Haven't tried it yet, so we'll see...

I cancelled a cruise last Friday as soon as the new policy was released. I noticed the refund for the port fees/taxes pending on my credit card today. I was told by the TA 7-10 days for the FCC will arrive, but who knows.

Can the FCC be applied to an existing reservation?

8 minutes ago, ecslady said:

I cancelled a cruise last Friday as soon as the new policy was released. I noticed the refund for the port fees/taxes pending on my credit card today. I was told by the TA 7-10 days for the FCC will arrive, but who knows.

Can the FCC be applied to an existing reservation?

Yes

I cancelled an April cruise today through a large TA. When the agent was on the phone with the Royal Caribbean Rep, she asked about a cancellation number, the Rep said that the FCC would be applied to the original reservation number with no addition cancellation number.

The cruise is still showing on my Royal Caribbean online account under my Upcoming Cruises with my room number.

When will this actually be cancelled?

7 hours ago, vegas7df said:

If I cancel my May cruise can I immediately use the FCC on an existing cruise in August.

No, the FCC takes quite some time to be issued - but you should have plenty of time to apply it to an August sailing.

Is it possible to share FCC with entire booking or is it just for one individual. I ask because my fare and my niece’s fare were different so her fcc is much lower than mine even though we split the cost on our credit cards. We were under the impression that the fcc would reflect our credit card statement. Please advise. Thank you. There is a $1200 difference between she and I.

8 minutes ago, Melkitty said:

Is it possible to share FCC with entire booking or is it just for one individual.

FCCs are individual in the name of person on the booking in the amount on the invoice.

Edited by Biker19