Reassuring?

govanguy

Further to my comment, we have just had an email from Azamara which would seem to indicate our cruise is going ahead with revised health requirements including that if over 70 at time of embarkation you will need a letter from your DR, clearing you to travel.

BUT absolutely NO mention of where they are going to dock to let us off now Singapore is closed. REALLY ????

Who is making these decisions ? Beyond angry now.Just do the right thing Azamara.

Yes, an hour ago we received the same e-mail regarding our April 5, departing from Miami. There aren't supposed to be any ships sailing from the US until April 11. I wonder if they're planning to have us leave from somewhere else?

We received the same email, advising that US has declared a National emergency, and they have voluntarily decided to suspend cruises from USA. Other cruises are not impacted as they are in global destinations and not impacted! It was signed by Larry Pimental! We have no further Azamara cruises booked now Azamara has cancelled our March 17th cruise, which was going to be in a global destination not USA.  Have they no clue what is going on in the wider world, reading that one would assume not! A great way to make friends and influence people, NOT! Unbelievable.

• Like 2

On 3/14/2020 at 9:05 AM, Lindy028 said:

We received the same email, advising that US has declared a National emergency, and they have voluntarily decided to suspend cruises from USA. Other cruises are not impacted as they are in global destinations and not impacted! It was signed by Larry Pimental! We have no further Azamara cruises booked now Azamara has cancelled our March 17th cruise, which was going to be in a global destination not USA.  Have they no clue what is going on in the wider world, reading that one would assume not! A great way to make friends and influence people, NOT! Unbelievable.

Well Azamara certainly has not got a clue - like you, we were booked on the March 17th cruise out of Dubai which was cancelled nearly a week ago. However, I am still getting e-mails from Azamara, including one an hour ago ending with "we look forward to welcoming you aboard" - are they having a laugh?    

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, nigelc said:

Well Azamara certainly has not got a clue - like you, we were booked on the March 17th cruise out of Dubai which was cancelled nearly a week ago. However, I am still getting e-mails from Azamara, including one an hour ago ending with "we look forward to welcoming you aboard" - are they having a laugh?    

We all know that these are automated emails  and not actually sent from a human so doubt anyone is laughing!  🤣🤣🤣

I would imagine and hope that all staff are probably trying to help the guests on the ships at the moment and also process refunds and FCC for cancelled cruises, so erroneous automated emails are low on the list. Whilst I agree it doesn't look  professional, its hardly life threatening! 

• Like 1

Never said that it was "Life threatening", so please do not add bits into my post.

The rest of the email referred to being unsuccessful on my bid for a room upgrade, which is strange as they had earlier confirmed that I was successful and had taken £980 from my American Express card  - so it's a little more than just being a little unprofessional. More like not got a clue and while I hope staff are processing refunds - I still await mine. 

• Like 1

Fair dues nigelc  I apologise ,not life threatening, but I personally dont think that obvious erroneous automated emails in these unprecedented times  deserve the high prority that many posters on all boards on CC are giving them. I wish you good health .👍🚢

Honestly, I can understand the frustration with some of the communication.

However, speaking from the group that was severely impacted on the Quest, I think some understanding is in order.  Our sailing had issues virtually every day, which involved both staff in Miami as well as onboard.  The entire itinerary after about day 7 of 26 had to be reshuffled, often multiple times.  Ports granted us permission to dock and then rescinded permission virtually hours before our arrival.  The disembarkation port had to be changed almost at the last minute (Dubai for Muscat) involving eVisas procurement for 650 passengers (about a 45 minute ordeal for each).  There was much back and forth between Miami and the ship, trying to coordinate resources to get very pressing issues handled.  Because of that, I am quite sure that the ball appears to have been dropped for the March 17th and 28th sailings.  At one point, when Muscat was the only available port in a thousand+ miles range (and the day after we disembarked barred any visas) they really thought they had a ship that may not have had a place to allow the passengers to leave. 

Speaking for ourselves and virtually every passenger we spoke with, Azamara turned what might have been a disastrous experience into one that, if push came to shove, we would probably repeat.  They were that responsive and attentive. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, ECCruise said:

Honestly, I can understand the frustration with some of the communication.

However, speaking from the group that was severely impacted on the Quest, I think some understanding is in order.  Our sailing had issues virtually every day, which involved both staff in Miami as well as onboard.  The entire itinerary after about day 7 of 26 had to be reshuffled, often multiple times.  Ports granted us permission to dock and then rescinded permission virtually hours before our arrival.  The disembarkation port had to be changed almost at the last minute (Dubai for Muscat) involving eVisas procurement for 650 passengers (about a 45 minute ordeal for each).  There was much back and forth between Miami and the ship, trying to coordinate resources to get very pressing issues handled.  Because of that, I am quite sure that the ball appears to have been dropped for the March 17th and 28th sailings.  At one point, when Muscat was the only available port in a thousand+ miles range (and the day after we disembarked barred any visas) they really thought they had a ship that may not have had a place to allow the passengers to leave. 

Speaking for ourselves and virtually every passenger we spoke with, Azamara turned what might have been a disastrous experience into one that, if push came to shove, we would probably repeat.  They were that responsive and attentive. 

Thanks for your post.  I'm glad that you came away with positive feelings for how Azamara handled themselves during this difficult time.  I was supposed to be on the March 17th sailing, so am one of the affected who feels the ball was dropped. I can see that it was chaos that week. 

Still, it is not too late for Azamara to try and do better for those on the March sailings (and beyond).  I wish Azamara would take back the reigns on the bookings made through travel agencies and try and take care of us.  Azamara communicated one type of compensation to us by email, yet another to the travel agency.  We now have to go between both to get it sorted what we will actually see back and when.  I now know all the hold music and recordings for Expedia, Westjet, British Airways and Costco as I try to salvage some of the land and air portions of that trip.  I'm exhausted and in need of a cruise to recuperate!