Credit Card Dispute?

crbnlvr

I'm giving this a go.

We were cruising Sunday from San Juan and waited to cancel until last night after the State, the local Schools, and our Employers required a 14 day quarantine upon return from cruising.

I'm not interested in the FCC given for a multitude of reasons which I won't bore you with here.

Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

I'm giving this a go.

We were cruising Sunday from San Juan and waited to cancel until last night after the State, the local Schools, and our Employers required a 14 day quarantine upon return from cruising.

I'm not interested in the FCC given for a multitude of reasons which I won't bore you with here.

Thoughts?

Good luck, if it’s been longer than 60 days since you paid the chances of a dispute being resolved in your favor are low.

9 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

We are on the same cruise. It is cancelled. You’ll be getting an email. You will get to select refund.

We cancelled last night so it is unlikely we will get the email.

52 minutes ago, ireashmott said:

Did you cancel it using the med reason or request form? Or just a traditional cancel? 

We called our PVP.  She said they would refund taxes but the remaining would be FCC.  We were in a jam because we had to make a decision 72 hours before as I understood.

11 minutes ago, crbnlvr said:

We called our PVP.  She said they would refund taxes but the remaining would be FCC.  We were in a jam because we had to make a decision 72 hours before as I understood.

I did the same thing

Keep us updated if you decide!

Its fraud, please don't try that avenue.

These are very uncertain times and we have become very accustom to instance gratification, these two things don't mix.  Be patient and go about things the right way.  For better chances of getting through, try calling at 4-6am EST.

In my opinion this is where Carnival failed.  The total lack of information and constantly changing situation has led to confusion, frustration, and burnt up a lot of good will that people had.

I would hope they give you a refund, I personally think it's the right thing to do, but will they - IDK.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, momof3hungryboys said:

In my opinion this is where Carnival failed.  The total lack of information and constantly changing situation has led to confusion, frustration, and burnt up a lot of good will that people had.

I would hope they give you a refund, I personally think it's the right thing to do, but will they - IDK.

Sounds like two different replies in one post.  Op, I would not try this, but that is me.  To this poster, there are really good reasons why the chain of events happened.  If you do not care and it costs your good will, then happy cruising.