Have you successfully booked another cruise with your FCC?

Okay, I'm giving up on spring break cruising and looking on to this summer.  Has anyone been successful in contacting NCL and having them apply the 125% FCC to a future cruise already.  I found a couple we're interested in July or August I'd be willing to book if they would move it all to that.  However, I would still have some left.  Would they let me use that for OBC for excursions or prepaid gratuities?  Would they also apply my two Cruise Next certificates I had on the cruise they just canceled?

Okay, I'm giving up on spring break cruising and looking on to this summer.  Has anyone been successful in contacting NCL and having them apply the 125% FCC to a future cruise already.  I found a couple we're interested in July or August I'd be willing to book if they would move it all to that.  However, I would still have some left.  Would they let me use that for OBC for excursions or prepaid gratuities?  Would they also apply my two Cruise Next certificates I had on the cruise they just canceled?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The letter I rec'd when I cancelled said that they would only the amount of the FCC needed to cover the cruise fare and anything left over FROM THE FARE would still be available for another cruise.

Unfortunately I dump all deleted emails so don't have a copy of the letter, sorry. 

I have also heard that if your newly booked cruise is less that your FCC the remaining FCC will stay on your account with the same stipulations regarding its expiration dates. I have no idea about the Cruise Next, but would think it should be applied towards the new cruise as well. 

4 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

I have also heard that if your newly booked cruise is less that your FCC the remaining FCC will stay on your account with the same stipulations regarding its expiration dates. I have no idea about the Cruise Next, but would think it should be applied towards the new cruise as well. 

I can't find it now but I thought someone reported that the Cruise Next certificates are returned but maintain their original terms. 

Edited by esm54687
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

This is from the Peace of Mind offer and assuming these conditions would still apply for the cancelled sailing FCC ...

What happens if there is a difference in cruise fare between the future cruise credit (FCC) issued and the future booking?

If the cruise fare for the new booking exceeds the FCC's value, guests will be responsible for the difference. Alternatively, if the new cruise fare is lower than the FCC's value, a new FCC will be issued for the remaining balance.

As for whether it will apply to existing booking or only for new, I think that remains to be seen since nobody would have received their FCC yet to actually use it as it will not appear in anyone's account until 7 days after 'cancellation' and Peace of Mind only started 5 days ago and I can't imagine those affected by the cancelled sailings have already seen the FCC in their account ... are you in this situation and actually see the FCC already in your account?   Some report being told that it can be applied to existing but I will believe that when others report they could did it.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

My question is can we use the excess FCC to prepay gratuities, service charges on beverage and dinner packages, excursions, etc. If not I will take a refund because we had paid all those things I mentioned. 

Good question

1 hour ago, NCteacherlovescruising said:

My question is can we use the excess FCC to prepay gratuities, service charges on beverage and dinner packages, excursions, etc. If not I will take a refund because we had paid all those things I mentioned. 

It MAY be able to be used for service charges on dining & beverage packages, but will most definitely not be able to be used on excursions, DSC, etc.

Also there is no guidance on whether the 125% or 150% will be on just the base cruise fare or will include beverage & dining service charges, upgrade advantage winning bids, etc. But it will almost definitely not include prepaid gratuity, excursions, etc. Those will just be refunded to your original form of payment.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MikeBTN said:

It MAY be able to be used for service charges on dining & beverage packages, but will most definitely not be able to be used on excursions, DSC, etc.

Also there is no guidance on whether the 125% or 150% will be on just the base cruise fare or will include beverage & dining service charges, upgrade advantage winning bids, etc. But it will almost definitely not include prepaid gratuity, excursions, etc. Those will just be refunded to your original form of payment.

This was going to be my answer too.

When I called I was told all items that were on my initial 'booking' receipt would qualify to use the FCC against in the future. That included admin fee, prepaid service charges, beverage and dining service charges and gov't and port taxes, the typical stuff that is on that cruise reservation receipt.

Hopefully you are correct that the other stuff would be returned to original form of payment as that was not what was happening for the Peace of Mind but this situation for cancelled cruises it a bit different so they definitely should be refunding that 'extra' stuff.  Especially things like flights, can't imagine all that going to FCC when it wasn't customers choice here.

And just as MikeBTN says, nothing is clear yet so I don't think anyone here can totally answer the question with certainty and only time will tell.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 1

I think the difference here is who did the canceling of the cruise - you or NCL. Under the Peace of Mind the customer is allowed to cancel the cruise at the last minute with less penalty than the old plan. Now that NCL is canceling the cruise a whole new set of conditions apply.

Under old system only the cruise fare was in jeopardy - taxes, port fees, prepaid DSC, Grats on the beverage and dining packages were all 100% refunded to your method of payment for those items along with a % of the cruise fare.

Now with the Peace of Mind your only option is to take all of this in the form of Future Cruise Credits that can be applied to your new booking and can cover the port fees, taxes etc for that cruise.

With NCL canceling the cruise the same applies but with a higher % of FCC or 100% in cash ( please allow 90 days for us to return it).

Both of these last two measures helps NCL keep afloat by keeping that money in the company - even the cash out options allows them to use your money for 90 days. 

I am glad that I was able to get my cruise in this year and have another one booked for next year before all this hit the fan. I do feel sorry for all those folks looking for a spring break cruise and pray that all of this is over before too much of the summer and fall seasons are also gone.