Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

18 minutes ago, greaserman said:

Anyone one this site Canadian? Any word on when canadians will be allowed to go home?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Update on CBC news about 4 min ago (12:45 pm pacific) says 90 Canadian passengers. Passengers will disembark go through health check, customs, then reboard until flight. no date or time given, but will take days to disembark all passengers.

Cheers, heather. 

Edited by middlehaitch
  • Like 1

@greaserman I replied to you up thread, post #588

Unfortunately there is little current information available. 

I see that you are new to Cruise Critic, I expect you will get the most current updates posted here as and when they are broadcast from news or official sources.

Is there a way you can contact them on board so you can be assured of their well being?

Cheers, heather.

• Like 1

@greaserman I replied to you up thread, post #588
Unfortunately there is little current information available. 
I see that you are new to Cruise Critic, I expect you will get the most current updates posted here as and when they are broadcast from news or official sources.
Is there a way you can contact them on board so you can be assured of their well being?

Cheers, heather.
Hi there

Yes i skype with them a few times a day. They are in good health and high spirits. My worry is their travel insurance expires on Tuesday.

They are putting on a brave face but i can hear the concern in their voices.

As most people on the ship, they are elderly.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Roberto256 said:

Once this happened:

"His oxygen level dropped perilously low around 5 p.m., forcing ship medical staff to put him on a manual ventilator, the kind someone hand pumps to keep a patient’s lungs breathing. He needed a mechanical ventilator immediately to keep him alive."

What was the doctor onboard waiting for, before evacuating the passenger to a hospital?

Particularly when the ship is alongside in Miami, and an ambulance can be there, and the passenger in a hospital in minutes.

I don't know if the update to this story has been posted.

WRT the passenger who was evacuated to a hospital after the family called 911.

Sadly, he has died.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/coronavirus/article241779201.html

Edited by Roberto256

5 minutes ago, Bgwest said:

Yet there it is, in Post 544. What would we do without you and your tardy posts?

I don't know about you but I read posts going forward, not backwards.  Too bad you did not read Post 544 when it was posted.

Edited by bluesea321

1 hour ago, greaserman said:

My worry is their travel insurance expires on Tuesday.

@greaserman

If your parents are delayed past Tuesday when their insurance expires, call their insurance provider. Most policies have a provision that if your return trip gets delayed (flight cancellation, car troubles, etc)  your insurance can be extended. I would think this possible delay would be covered but policies have changed related to Covid-19.

If your parents have their policy with them they can check the fine print, or call the provider.

You must however call them before the insurance expires to extend the coverage.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good evening,  I have been following along and wishing that this situation would end soon for all the passengers aboard the Coral.  I have looked back several pages of comments and have not seen the latest update from the Princess website from earlier today.  My apologies if it has all ready been added.  I though it was important for the passengers to see it.

April 5, 2020 1:08PM PT

Coral Princess Update

Princess Cruises can confirm that guest disembarkation for Coral Princess at the Port of Miami began yesterday, April 4. Disembarkation will continue today limited to those departing on chartered flights arranged by Princess Cruises to California, Australia and the United Kingdom.

Overnight, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) communicated changes to their policy regarding post-disembarkation travel for cruise passengers, recommending no travel via commercial flights nor shared transportation with non-cruise guests. Princess Cruises continues to work tirelessly to adjust the repatriation plan to meet the new CDC requirements. This will unfortunately result in further delays in disembarkation and onward travel for many guests as we work through this complex, challenging and unfortunate situation. We express continued gratitude to our guests for their patience and understanding as we work to adapt to these new requirements.

All guests are being screened as directed by the CDC before disembarkation of the vessel. During disembarkation, and until they reach their homes, guests are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing measures.

Those with respiratory symptoms, or who are still recovering, will remain on board until medically cleared by the ship’s doctors. Further details on disembarkation will be shared once available.

Coral Princess departed March 5 from San Antonio (Santiago) for a South America voyage which was scheduled to end in Buenos Aires on March 19. In response to the global spread of COVID-19, Princess Cruises announced a voluntary 60-day pause of operations on March 12, becoming one of the first companies in the leisure travel industry to take this proactive measure. Coral Princess remained in service longer than previously expected, until arriving at the Port of Miami, due to a series of port closures, airline cancellations and other actions taken, which impacted the onward travel home of the guests and crew onboard.

Edited by Sam n Janet Evening
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The County Medical Examiner is on the pier for the two deceased passengers.  Praying for the families.  Now I see two more stretchers and I hope there are no other deaths.   I will update when I know more. 

Update -  thankfully they just moved the body from one stretcher to another  so thankfully only two.

Edited by Wichard
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I tried to post the email I received from friends who are aboard the Coral Princess. Yesterday, the passengers who needed medical assistance were off loaded along with the Floridians in hired cars. This morning about 400 Aussies along with west coast passengers left for CA. Also the Brits left on flights to Heathrow and the Canadians were due to leave this evening on chartered flights to Toronto. The rest of the passengers which number 500 will stay on the ship until chartered flights can be arranged for a few more days. Looks like the ones who are not showing symptoms will eventually get home.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Wichard said:

The County Medical Examiner is on the pier for the two deceased passengers.  Praying for the families.  Now I see two more stretchers and I hope there are no other deaths.   I will update when I know more. 

Update -  thankfully they just moved the body from one stretcher to another  so thankfully only two.

12 minutes ago, luv2cruz44 said:

I tried to post the email I received from friends who are aboard the Coral Princess. Yesterday, the passengers who needed medical assistance were off loaded along with the Floridians in hired cars. This morning about 400 Aussies along with west coast passengers left for CA. Also the Brits left on flights to Heathrow and the Canadians were due to leave this evening on chartered flights to Toronto. The rest of the passengers which number 500 will stay on the ship until chartered flights can be arranged for a few more days. Looks like the ones who are not showing symptoms will eventually get home.

Thank you both for the information.

We are all still following you.

greaserman

Did you see my post #610 above.

I assume you were referring to their out of country medical insurance expiring on Tuesday.

It is vital that you contact the insurance company no later than Tuesday to extend their coverage if they are not back on Canadian soil by Tues at midnight. Wed morning will be too late.

Hope you hear soon on when their repatriation flight will be. Post 616 from luv2cruz44 above mentions a flight tonight to Toronto. You say you (and presumably them) live in Toronto so perhaps they are flying tonight.

Edited by Cruisepucks
updated information
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, luv2cruz44 said:

The west coast people are still on the ship...at least some of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sam n Janet Evening said:

Good evening,  I have been following along and wishing that this situation would end soon for all the passengers aboard the Coral.  I have looked back several pages of comments and have not seen the latest update from the Princess website from earlier today.  My apologies if it has all ready been added.  I though it was important for the passengers to see it.

April 5, 2020 1:08PM PT

Coral Princess Update

Princess Cruises can confirm that guest disembarkation for Coral Princess at the Port of Miami began yesterday, April 4. Disembarkation will continue today limited to those departing on chartered flights arranged by Princess Cruises to California, Australia and the United Kingdom.

Overnight, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) communicated changes to their policy regarding post-disembarkation travel for cruise passengers, recommending no travel via commercial flights nor shared transportation with non-cruise guests. Princess Cruises continues to work tirelessly to adjust the repatriation plan to meet the new CDC requirements. This will unfortunately result in further delays in disembarkation and onward travel for many guests as we work through this complex, challenging and unfortunate situation. We express continued gratitude to our guests for their patience and understanding as we work to adapt to these new requirements.

All guests are being screened as directed by the CDC before disembarkation of the vessel. During disembarkation, and until they reach their homes, guests are required to wear a mask and practice social distancing measures.

Those with respiratory symptoms, or who are still recovering, will remain on board until medically cleared by the ship’s doctors. Further details on disembarkation will be shared once available.

Coral Princess departed March 5 from San Antonio (Santiago) for a South America voyage which was scheduled to end in Buenos Aires on March 19. In response to the global spread of COVID-19, Princess Cruises announced a voluntary 60-day pause of operations on March 12, becoming one of the first companies in the leisure travel industry to take this proactive measure. Coral Princess remained in service longer than previously expected, until arriving at the Port of Miami, due to a series of port closures, airline cancellations and other actions taken, which impacted the onward travel home of the guests and crew onboard.

One other fact is that many were on a 32 day voyage, not just 14 days.     March 12th was a week after the ship left San Antonio, Chile

Greaserman IMO, Princess will probably arrange a chartered flight to Toronto as was done for the HAL passengers that docked at Port Everglades last week. That was arranged through Eastern Airlines. Be patient. It will happen. But with the uncertainty as to timing, the insurance needs to be sorted. Wishing you and your parents the best. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Thank you! I so agree

I am on board also but don't care to hear about stats and how to take your groceries and Amazon purchases in the house and all the speculation of what is going to happen to us

And what different news medias have said, most of those are out of date or incorrect

I go to this board for information about our situation on the coral.

But a huge thank you to everyone who is so kind and concerned and are praying for us. It is much appreciated

Thank you Reba...you know I agree with you!

11 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

@FoghornLeghorn: I'm confused. It's been 23(?) days since anyone got off and then back on the ship. Is this correct?

Yet positive tests were only recently reported?

Is it possible the incubation period for Covid19 is longer than we've been told?

Please clarify...how many days since anyone got off in a port and then back on

AND when were the first positive tests in relation to the above.

TIA:classic_unsure:

They got off on March 18th and then came back on after missed/cancelled flights. The Captain told us the Argentina was closing their borders and we had to vacate by midnight.
The first time we heard that there was Covid-19 was March 31st. around 3:30 pm. when we were sent to our cabins to remain until we left the ship.
The Captain notified us of the 2 deaths onboard on April 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am on Coral Princess and have heard nothing about getting off the ship yet.

This cruise started out beautifully and now is a nightmare.

The beginning of the cruise everyone on this ship seemed healthy.  I understand the coronavirus can spread quickly.  But, I am just wondering if any of the individuals that are sick have any thing in common.  For example, are the individuals that have become sick with the coronavirus by any chance the group of individuals that got off the ship at Buenos Aires and missed flights and then came back to the ship?  Are the individuals that have developed coronavirus have anything in common?  Besides just being on the Coral Princess.  Did the individuals do any specific group tours together? Did they participate in any of the same activities on the ship?

If the individuals that have gotten sick, have anything in common, I think we should know.  Others of us might find out that we may be a carrier of the coronavirus and not know it and take it home to our families when we finally get home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, bluesea321 said:

The story was very sad; when I read that the pax had finally been hospitalized I felt relief but only to change to sadness when the story was updated.  Tragic.

And to think that the wife of the deceased remains onboard. My heart goes out to her.  

• Like 4

Greaserman IMO, Princess will probably arrange a chartered flight to Toronto as was done for the HAL passengers that docked at Port Everglades last week. That was arranged through Eastern Airlines. Be patient. It will happen. But with the uncertainty as to timing, the insurance needs to be sorted. Wishing you and your parents the best. 
Tha k you. I spoke with my parents. They are in good health and high spirits. My dad us calling insurance monday morning.

My hope is they come home soon. Like I'm sure everyone on the ship, at this point they just want to go home.

They said they will gladly quarentine for a month!!!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk