Jump to content

Currently on Coral Princess ....


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, JF - retired RRT said:

 

Amazing!! It's like the Argentine officials woke up that morning and said, "let's go check a few temperatures". Not all, just some.

 

if the Argentine officials used sampling, they don't necessarily need to check everyone's temperature. If the protocol was to check temps on X passengers and Y crew and based on the results either decide to sample more or not continue to sample, that would make sense.  (For example, if you measured temps on 200 passengers and all with within limits...would it really be essential to continue taking temps on the rest?) Or, it could have been that they were out-of-time or ready for a coffee break. We might not ever know...but I can hypothesize why it might be reasonable not to check everyone. 

 

Hospitals in heavy-hit areas are doing rather precisely that. If someone shows up at a hospital in Brooklyn with typical Covid-19 symptoms and breathing trouble, they call it presumptive and move forward with treatment without ordering a test. In areas where Covid-19 cases are still low, the protocol may be to test.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

So now only US citizens are being held hostage...

 

Below is the reason, I am afraid, and it applies to all, not just US citizens, although once pax arrive at a foreign airport the US would have no jurisdiction:

 

  • Cruise line companies must get travelers directly to their homes via chartered or private transportation.
  • Commercial flights and public transportation may not be used.

 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/cruise-ship/what-cdc-is-doing.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

So now only US citizens are being held hostage.  (I haven't heard if the South Americans are off) I remember how relieved we were when we heard we were heading to Florida.  I thought we could always rent a car and drive home if no planes were flying.  Now we can't get off the ship!  Everyday they take more people away in ambulances.  I wonder if some just have stress related problems.

 

Glad to hear some of you are back at home or on the way. Enjoy!

If ambulances keep showing up, there likely is a serIous reason I doubt it is a training exercise ... would you rather debark to an ambulance?  This is about the health and safety of EVERYONE ... hence the new protocol ... this is not a personal affront to Coral pax

 

   

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

 

Has the Captain or Princess given you any updates?

Nothing since 4 yesterday.  We're on the port side and can see passengers leaving, and buses and ambulances coming and going but I have no idea what's happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

Nothing since 4 yesterday.  We're on the port side and can see passengers leaving, and buses and ambulances coming and going but I have no idea what's happening.

 

Can you call Guest Services and ask for an update?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chamima said:

 

Can you call Guest Services and ask for an update?

I called yesterday for the first time and they had no information.  I'll wait until after 4 and try again.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bluesea321 said:

 

Has the Captain or Princess given you any updates?

No unfortunately, we are still waiting to hear something/anything from the Captain.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

Nothing since 4 yesterday.  We're on the port side and can see passengers leaving, and buses and ambulances coming and going but I have no idea what's happening.

 

Thanks.  That is most unfortunate.  I don't know about you but I would prefer to know what is going on, good or bad, than being kept in the dark with no information.  I hope this nightmare is over for you soon.

Edited by bluesea321
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Wichard said:

No unfortunately, we are still waiting to hear something/anything from the Captain.  

 

Thanks for the update.  Please see my comments to Luna above.  I hope the same for you, hang in there, you will get home and this will be behind you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, bluesea321 said:

 

Thanks.  That is most unfortunate.  I don't about you but I would prefer to know what is going on, good or bad, than being kept in the dark with no information.  I hope this nightmare is over for you soon.

Thank you so much for your understanding.  Kind words really help.  And yes, I want to know good or bad.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

So now only US citizens are being held hostage.  (I haven't heard if the South Americans are off) I remember how relieved we were when we heard we were heading to Florida.  I thought we could always rent a car and drive home if no planes were flying.  Now we can't get off the ship!  Everyday they take more people away in ambulances.  I wonder if some just have stress related problems.

 

Glad to hear some of you are back at home or on the 

Deleted

Edited by ClwtrBoi
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Wichard said:

No unfortunately, we are still waiting to hear something/anything from the Captain.  

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear you are still there onboard.

our thoughts are still with you all.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FoghornLeghorn said:

Very happy to hear some of your home! So glad for you.

 

They sent out tickets this morning and let some people off around noon. Nothing since. No manifest approved for this afternoon. I guess it could still happen but I'm not holding out any hope

 

There are 290 of us still left.

 WOW!  Hang in there Reba, ❤️ You WILL get home soon.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You will all eventually get off and be on your way. I'm sure Princess wants you off and on your way just as much as you do. There's a lot for them to arrange to get you to your doorstep. Flights, drivers, health checks and paperwork to abide by all the new rules. Be patient awhile longer. It will happen. Blessings to you for safe travels. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

Thank you so much for your understanding.  Kind words really help.  And yes, I want to know good or bad.

Yes, thinking about you all still on board.  Best of luck to you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope we can go home soon or if not give us our checked baggage back or tomorrowI I will go commando.  The Captain said to pack the carry ons for 2 days and that is today.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Wichard said:

I hope we can go home soon or if not give us our checked baggage back or tomorrowI I will go commando.  The Captain said to pack the carry ons for 2 days and that is today.

Yikes!!! Commando!

Now it's getting serious!

Keep smiling  🙂 and think positive!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pms4104 said:

If ambulances keep showing up, there likely is a serIous reason I doubt it is a training exercise ... would you rather debark to an ambulance?  This is about the health and safety of EVERYONE ... hence the new protocol ... this is not a personal affront to Coral pax

 

   

I bet it feels that way!  They put their luggage out on Saturday so they are left without lots of stuff they need and now it probably won't be until tomorrow before they 

get off the ship.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Am ambulance arrived a while ago and I saw the Doctor come out and tell the paramedics "one more".  The second ambulance is loading the patient now.  Hopefully that is all the sick people on the boat safely to a hospital.  

 

Earlier the Captain said a large number of those remaining would go hime tomorrow.  I cannot wait to be home in my own bed and be able to walk around outside in the yard.  

 

The Captain and crew have have been professional and most helpful in these difficult times.  It seams that ever since we left the Falkland Islands the goal post has moved but they have worked to accommodate ever changing requirements.  I cannot imagine the logistic effort required to get us from the ship to our front door.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a lot going on behind the scenes.  They  will get you home safely.  Just keep thinking how nice it will be to finally get home. 

 

What has been happening regarding housekeeping such as towels, sheets, etc.?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, onboard2005 said:

There's a lot going on behind the scenes.  They  will get you home safely.  Just keep thinking how nice it will be to finally get home. 

 

What has been happening regarding housekeeping such as towels, sheets, etc.?

No one comes in the room and we cannot leave.  All I do is call the steward and he brings fresh towels and shorts.  They are very accommodating.  My wife likes Diet Coke and she calls the guest serves and it is brought up.  I packed the tooth paste and she called and they brought some up.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Wichard said:

No one comes in the room and we cannot leave.  All I do is call the steward and he brings fresh towels and shorts.  They are very accommodating.  My wife likes Diet Coke and she calls the guest serves and it is brought up.  I packed the tooth paste and she called and they brought some up.  

That sounds good.

Hang in there. You'll be on your way soon. Everyone must be getting edgy anticipating finally leaving. Must seem like forever.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...