for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Thanks all!

Despite all my planing and such, I still waited until the very last second to pack!  I did get all my clothes in the carryon - I was shocked.  My daypack is fill with all the miscellany - electronics, meds, toiletries, snacks to keep blood sugar in check.  i think my daypack is heavier than the carryon!!

At the hair stylist yesterday, one of the women there just got back from France.  She goes there frequently.  She said to absoutely wear dresses right now as the weather is atrocious.  AND, if it gets too hot, get rid of the undies!!!  We all had a good laugh at that one.  

I'll check in once in awhile.

ootd;  black comfy pants, black & white striped tank, black hoodie for the plane, my Merrell shoes.  When i get on the plane, i'll put on my neon green compression sleeves on my legs - at least they match shoes!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

Thanks all!

Despite all my planing and such, I still waited until the very last second to pack!  I did get all my clothes in the carryon - I was shocked.  My daypack is fill with all the miscellany - electronics, meds, toiletries, snacks to keep blood sugar in check.  i think my daypack is heavier than the carryon!!

At the hair stylist yesterday, one of the women there just got back from France.  She goes there frequently.  She said to absoutely wear dresses right now as the weather is atrocious.  AND, if it gets too hot, get rid of the undies!!!  We all had a good laugh at that one.  

I'll check in once in awhile.

ootd;  black comfy pants, black & white striped tank, black hoodie for the plane, my Merrell shoes.  When i get on the plane, i'll put on my neon green compression sleeves on my legs - at least they match shoes!

Safe travels -- I'm sure you'll have a blast!!

Had to post.  Dropped off at SLC at 11:15, sitting in Sky Club by 11:35.  
Moose wanted to travel with me, so I now have a partner.  Here’s Moose enjoying his pre-flight snack.  And it’s the first photo taken with the new phone.  Don’t know why it’s upside down.E99A36BF-B510-49C0-8134-DC23778C426D.thumb.jpeg.97f92753c017fe01870a50555cb7bba2.jpeg

• Like 3

Kat, Moose is a cute companion. I remember that a Debbie did a review and had a little rabbit in some of her pictures. 

Looks like you have a bit of a delay but your plane has arrived so just more time to enjoy the Sky Lounge. Happy, safe travels!

Sharon

Well, Kat has begun her big adventure and Lois is soon to start her journey home. As for me, I’m planning a walk in a local park as soon as I’m dressed😉

Lois,  sending good thoughts your way that your flights go smoothly. With all the travel madness at airports, you should be in good hands with the wheel service to assist you. Safe travels home, Lois!

Sharon

• Like 2

Lucked out at CDG.  Got through passport control in under 10 minutes.  Business class has its perks.  The train to Marseille was brutal.  SNCF has a product called OUIGO.  Kind of like Spirit Airlines, train version.  Overhead racks that would only fit a briefcase, everyone had bags everywhere.   I sat in my single seat with my bags in my foot space.  And no kind of cooling.  A hot muggy 3 hours.  But I made it.  91 degrees at 6pm  but a nice 79 at almost midnight.  The waterfront is still busy- even families are out.  I can sit on my balcony and just watch.  Tried to use the night mode in my iPhone to take a shot of the cathedral up on the hill…

15C5F464-5549-42E2-A4AF-AFE03BE192E1.jpeg

• Like 5

Hi, now sitting at the gate at Barcelona Airport. Had wheelchair access all the way through. Let's hope the rest go just as smoothly. Oh the Hotel Director gave me a cane before left the ship this morning. I then gave him back the crutch. But that was so nice. The staff and crew shined brightly for me the entire 11 days.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, now sitting at the gate at Barcelona Airport. Had wheelchair access all the way through. Let's hope the rest go just as smoothly. Oh the Hotel Director gave me a cane before left the ship this morning. I then gave him back the crutch. But that was so nice. The staff and crew shined brightly for me the entire 11 days.

Lois - so glad that the staff took special care of you.  You deserved it!

Got up this morning and walked the perimeter of the Vieux Port before it gets too hot.  Stopped off and grabbed a cafe e croissant afterwards.  I’m feeling human after all the travel yesterday.  That Timeshifter app seems to have helped with the jet lag.  
off to get more Euros and buy sunscreen

9BF35776-CDE4-4970-98A8-041DF281B63D.jpeg

• Like 3

Kat looks fabulous (night mode really works on that phone). Have a fabulous time

Lois, I’m relieved that you have a cane & how nice that the hotel director gave it to you. Balancing on the ball of your foot without the cane to help with balance wouldn’t be fun (or safe). Melody

• Like 1

Watching some white boat in the port playing Below Deck Med 😉.  Registered in the Caymans.  Looks like a group of 6 -  served lunch on the aft deck.  2 stews attending them.  Lucky to be rich, I guess.  
News flash: I wore a dress today!!!  Turquoise muscle shirt dress and my hi tops.  Dress was cool, but showed every drop of sweat 😓 lessons learned.  
There is a silk performance across the street.  He hangs in the and twists and turns on the silk.  He is tethered on a crane, so he goes wasaaay up in the air.  Impressive.  
2 ships at least in port today - Viking Sky and an MSC ship.  Saw herds with name tags being shepherded around by people holding signs.  Looked like an older crowd.  
Dinner is next after I finish off the craft beers I bought from a vendor across the street.  Really good beer.  An unfiltered mango sour and a hibiscus pale.  Yummmy!  I might look for a North African place for dinner.  Marseille is filled with people from there.  

B704B157-DAD8-44D2-B966-72C6855E4F45.jpeg

982D4CBE-72CF-4D8B-903A-E92E0B3D56A9.jpeg

• Like 4

I did get some Tunisian food.  Couscous with chicken.  Came with a nice broth with lots is big pieces of veggie.  Tasty.  Added a little harissa and spiced up nicely.  
staying on the Vieux Port at The Residence du Vieux Port.  Nice place.  I had a balcony overlooking the port.  Sat there last night and drank my beers.  
Leaving in about 20 minutes to meet up with the others and go to our barge in Arles.

ED86B7F9-2BDA-42E1-B172-7BEC6D8A43D4.jpeg

• Like 3

Hi girls, made it home about 11pm last night. Of course flight from JFK was delayed.  Was quite the 11 day experience, that is for sure.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, made it home about 11pm last night. Of course flight from JFK was delayed.  Was quite the 11 day experience, that is for sure.

Hi Lois, glad you made it home safely. Flying is really a crapshoot right now. Delays everywhere, long lines, and I still don't have my bag from my flight home on Monday. 😒

You had a bit more of an adventure than you expected, but it sounds like they took care of you. 

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Glad you’re home safe!  Thanks for letting us know

Welcome home, Lois!  I hope your leg is improving and you are feeling better.  Eleven days went by quickly!   And welcome home to you, too, Cynthia!  

Kat, love your pictures!  Your meal looks amazing!

Grandkids left yesterday afternoon, their flight was delayed for an hour due to heavy thunderstorms in the Orlando area.  Daily afternoon  storms are pretty typical for Florida during the summer so we are usually surprised if a flight is not delayed.  We had a great time with them but back to a quiet house.  Only temporarily, however, as kitchen construction is supposed to start next Monday!  We will be living in a construction zone for the next 8 weeks. 

My husband got a little crazy and booked a river cruise on Viking for next summer.  He has been wanting to do one for years so he thought this would be a good way to celebrate our 50th anniversary next summer.  

OOTD:  gym clothes, after the gym I have a lot of sand to sweep up, amazing how much sand two kids can carry in! 😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

My husband got a little crazy and booked a river cruise on Viking for next summer.  He has been wanting to do one for years so he thought this would be a good way to celebrate our 50th anniversary next summer.  

Sherri, how fun -- and something to look forward to.  Where's the cruise headed?

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Sherri, how fun -- and something to look forward to.  Where's the cruise headed?

We will cruise from Budapest to Amsterdam.  14 nights and very intensive, every day is a new port.  We may need a vacation when it is over.😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

Hi girls, Sherri, sounds like it will very a fun trip. 

Good news from the Dr. I was able to see him this morning and there are no torn ligaments. He said it is more of a muscle strain and will continue to heal on its own. To use the cane as needed and when sitting in my lazy boy I can ice it. He also said it is good that I can walk partially on it. My next cruise is August 21st to Alaska and he thinks it will be all healed by then. That is 45 days away.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, Sherri, sounds like it will very a fun trip. 

Good news from the Dr. I was able to see him this morning and there are no torn ligaments. He said it is more of a muscle strain and will continue to heal on its own. To use the cane as needed and when sitting in my lazy boy I can ice it. He also said it is good that I can walk partially on it. My next cruise is August 21st to Alaska and he thinks it will be all healed by then. That is 45 days away.

Well that sounds like very good news for you!  

Sherri🙂

Lois, good news! I bet you are relieved. Next cruise will be here before you know it.

Sherri, I was just thinking about your kitchen redo and wondering when it would start. I recall that when you mentioned it earlier that it seemed a long time before it would happen and now the time has come. How exciting. Will look forward to progress reports.

We did a River cruise a few years ago (before the pandemic) and loved it. What a great way to celebrate your 50th. We really liked Budapest (our cruise ended there) and although we planned an extra day there we wish we had stayed longer. For our 50th we did a Norwegian Fjords cruise with our family. That cruise started in Amsterdam and although it was our 2nd visit, we spent a few days there before embarking. 

You certainly have a lot to look forward to. Enjoy the anticipation.

Sharon

• Like 1