for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

16 hours ago, sjb317 said:

That does not surprise me to hear the river flooded,  it floods easily. I think our area of. Brevard, Satellite Beach, just had some fairly mild wind damage and some power outages.  Nothing like the west coast experienced.  

I hope your family in South Carolina get through this without any major damage.

Sherri🙂

I remember when we lived at Patrick AFB. Our backyard was the Banana River. We had to sandbag several times & did take everything off the floors twice. We had a ranch style duplex. Kids still talk about filling sandbags

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi girls, got a letter in the mail from my GP's office and his office is closing on 10/14 and he is moving about 1/2 hour south.  The letter had some other offices under the same group who are much closer to me but he has been my Dr for probably 6 or 7 years.........they are all part of "Ascension Health". I need to decide if I want to make that extra travel or pick a new Doc closer to home. Part of me does not want to start all over with a new Doc, etc...etc....but part of me doesn't want to make that trek to the new office either............siggggghhh.

Go interview the docs at the location closest to you, it might be a good fit, if not move with your doc

6 hours ago, purduemom1 said:

Cynthia, wishing you an amazing adventure-without any issues.

Kat, hoping your family in SC escapes the worst of Ian.My Goddaughter lives in Wilmington, NC and I hope she isn’t too impacted by this storm but tornadoes could be a problem.  That fundraiser sounds like a fun event but certainly on the pricy side.

Melody, how is your niece doing?

Sherri, so glad your condo is ok. Now to get that kitchen renovation completed!

Lois, ugh, you have a tough decision to make. It’s  never easy to start over with someone new.  Is it possible for you to try a new doctor and if it doesn’t work out as you’d like then go back to your current doctor? Of course there is always the drive to consider. Good luck with your decision.

Our temps are not very fall-like. Still wearing summer clothes and a little tired of them. So OOTD is mostly just the same ole’ things and not much make up.

Nieces are still cleaning up. The damage in Ft Myers Beach, Sanibel & Captiva is truly horrendous such a tragedy. Thanks for asking. Melody

• Like 1

2 hours ago, awhfy said:

Go interview the docs at the location closest to you, it might be a good fit, if not move with your doc

Hi Melody, thanks for that suggestion. I always appreciate your input😀

• Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 5:10 PM, Lois R said:

Hi girls, got a letter in the mail from my GP's office and his office is closing on 10/14 and he is moving about 1/2 hour south.  The letter had some other offices under the same group who are much closer to me but he has been my Dr for probably 6 or 7 years.........they are all part of "Ascension Health". I need to decide if I want to make that extra travel or pick a new Doc closer to home. Part of me does not want to start all over with a new Doc, etc...etc....but part of me doesn't want to make that trek to the new office either............siggggghhh.

When we moved 45 minutes west a few years ago, I tried a new doc. I didn't like that she didn't listen to me or ask appropriate questions, so I went back to my old doc and drive 45 minutes once or twice a year. I've seen him for 30+ years at this point, so why change?

We survived Tropical storm Ian with 35 MPH gusts, 4.5" of rain, and power loss for 19 or so hours.  Two empty flower pots knocked over and one one day where neither of us accomplished anything. Much better than Fran (96). All of my FL friends and relatives seem to be OK so far.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PurpleHays said:

When we moved 45 minutes west a few years ago, I tried a new doc. I didn't like that she didn't listen to me or ask appropriate questions, so I went back to my old doc and drive 45 minutes once or twice a year. I've seen him for 30+ years at this point, so why change?

We survived Tropical storm Ian with 35 MPH gusts, 4.5" of rain, and power loss for 19 or so hours.  Two empty flower pots knocked over and one one day where neither of us accomplished anything. Much better than Fran (96). All of my FL friends and relatives seem to be OK so far.

Hi PH, glad you are OK and the more I think about it, the more my mind keeps saying I like my Dr and I am lucky enough to be able to drive wherever and whenever  I need to since I no longer work. I think I am going to stay with him.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi PH, glad you are OK and the more I think about it, the more my mind keeps saying I like my Dr and I am lucky enough to be able to drive wherever and whenever  I need to since I no longer work. I think I am going to stay with him.

That’s what I expected you’d come around to!  It’s hard to find a doctor, hairdresser, dentist that you like. You find one you stick with them!!  At least I did 

• Like 2

Last day of cruise, a sea day but kind of cool and dreary.  Captain made an announcement Friday afternoon in which he said we had exceeded the threshold number of positive covid cases; therefore, it is now mandatory for all to wear masks whenever in an indoor area.  Surprisingly, the majority of passengers are complying.  Lots of people coughing where ever you go on the ship.  

The couple in the cabin next to us have been quarantined in their cabin since day 3 due to positive tests.  We can hear them outside on their balcony coughing, they both have nasty sounding coughs.  I feel very bad for them as they flew to Boston from Scotland for this cruise.

My husband woke up with a HA today but I think he just spent too much time in the martini bar last night!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, awhfy said:

That’s what I expected you’d come around to!  It’s hard to find a doctor, hairdresser, dentist that you like. You find one you stick with them!!  At least I did 

Agree with you!  That was the really hard part of moving to FL, I finally have a hair stylist and dentist that I like but not to sure about the doctor!😂

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

On 9/30/2022 at 3:30 PM, sjb317 said:

The fundraiser sounds like a lot of fun!  We went to an annual fundraiser for the Damien Center in Indianapolis, The Grand Masquerade, which sounds very similar to your upcoming one.  Lots of glitter and drag queens!😂 I miss it!

Sherri🙂

How is Indian Harbour Beach?  any damage?

2 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

How is Indian Harbour Beach?  any damage?

I don’t think there was much, mostly limbs and trees down in the neighborhoods.  Some flooding on the river side.  Will find out more when we get home tomorrow night!

Sherri🙂

3 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

I don’t think there was much, mostly limbs and trees down in the neighborhoods.  Some flooding on the river side.  Will find out more when we get home tomorrow night!

Sherri🙂

Thanks,   I hope that you enjoy your cruise.

If you have not tried Napoli restaurant in the Walmart plaza, it was great when we lived there.  Better than Petrillo's on A1A

https://www.ordernapolipizzapastamenu.com/?utm_source=gbp 

Edited by geocruiser

29 minutes ago, geocruiser said:

Thanks,   I hope that you enjoy your cruise.

If you have not tried Napoli restaurant in the Walmart plaza, it was great when we lived there.  Better than Petrillo's on A1A

https://www.ordernapolipizzapastamenu.com/?utm_source=gbp 

Petrillos closed before the pandemic and the building is still empty.  We have not tried Napoli.

Sherri🙂

2 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Petrillos closed before the pandemic and the building is still empty.  We have not tried Napoli.

Sherri🙂

I did not know that about Petrillos.  We left there  a few years back.

With Napoli, their food looks just like the pictures.  It is family owned and they are from Italy.  Eating there I felt like I was in NYC again.  I hope that it is still good.  That is the one place that we miss from Florida.

Edited by geocruiser
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Last day of cruise, a sea day but kind of cool and dreary.  Captain made an announcement Friday afternoon in which he said we had exceeded the threshold number of positive covid cases; therefore, it is now mandatory for all to wear masks whenever in an indoor area.  Surprisingly, the majority of passengers are complying.  Lots of people coughing where ever you go on the ship.  

The couple in the cabin next to us have been quarantined in their cabin since day 3 due to positive tests.  We can hear them outside on their balcony coughing, they both have nasty sounding coughs.  I feel very bad for them as they flew to Boston from Scotland for this cruise.

My husband woke up with a HA today but I think he just spent too much time in the martini bar last night!😂

Sherri🙂

That is awful and why we won't book a cruise.  I just don't want to take a chance on having to wear a mask on a vacation (or really anywhere else).  

Finally heard from the South Carolina family contingent.  Other than being without power, all is good.  

Looking at the teaser for Stanley's Season 3, the woman at the very end who is eating pasta with him is the daughter of one of the women who guided me with restaurant suggestions on my first trip to Rome and to Florence (Elizabeth Mincelli).  This was back in the day when Chowhound was pretty active and got input and questions answered from all sorts of folks.  

Hope all went well with Cynthia's flights to Europe!!

Lois - my MD and NP both retired to I had to find another.  I'm not totally thrilled with my current NP but I've gone to that office since i  moved here in 1988 so I'll endure her.  If either of my old providers had moved down into the Valley instead of retiring, I would have driven down to see them.  

OOTD: lazy day with a little more cleaning, so joggers and a Tshirt.  Tomorrow i may try to get up to the mountains to do a little leaf peeping.  I have to choose between going up to the Uintas or down to the Alpine Loop.  But, it'll be my camping pants and a fleece since it's in the low 50s/upper 40s in the mountains now.  

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Keksie said:

That is awful and why we won't book a cruise.  I just don't want to take a chance on having to wear a mask on a vacation (or really anywhere else).  

It’s no big deal for  me or my husband to wear a mask and I am pleasantly surprised by the apparent compliance to do so from my fellow passengers.

Sherri🙂

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

It’s no big deal for  me or my husband to wear a mask and I am pleasantly surprised by the apparent compliance to do so from my fellow passengers.

Sherri🙂

I am glad it isn't a big deal for you and you can still enjoy your cruise since you are kind of stuck having to wear one.  We haven't had to wear one anywhere in well over a year now so it would ruin a cruise for me.  

50 minutes ago, Keksie said:

I am glad it isn't a big deal for you and you can still enjoy your cruise since you are kind of stuck having to wear one.  We haven't had to wear one anywhere in well over a year now so it would ruin a cruise for me.  

I like sailing on a cruise ship and if I have to wear a mask, I will. I didn’t feel stuck having to wear one and it did not ruin my cruise.  We had a great time!

Sherri🙂

• Like 4

Well, don't you just love it when you get sent a text that you owe money from 2021?? OMG.......

I had a couple of endoscopies last year and I thought my deductible AND my out of pocket had been met. All of a sudden I get this text saying I have a balance due of 1400.00🤔 Anyway, I called  the number and yes, I know the Dr and what he did but they seemed to have a BIG transition of the billing dept and I am one of MANY people who NEVER received any kind of statement for the procedure!  I had no clue I owe them $$$$...............I told them I want a hard copy and would figure out when and how much I am going to pay. I really have to shake my head over this...........(I have the money but they certainly don't need to know that). We are in Oct 2022........this goes back to June 2021!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Well, don't you just love it when you get sent a text that you owe money from 2021?? OMG.......

I had a couple of endoscopies last year and I thought my deductible AND my out of pocket had been met. All of a sudden I get this text saying I have a balance due of 1400.00🤔 Anyway, I called  the number and yes, I know the Dr and what he did but they seemed to have a BIG transition of the billing dept and I am one of MANY people who NEVER received any kind of statement for the procedure!  I had no clue I owe them $$$$...............I told them I want a hard copy and would figure out when and how much I am going to pay. I really have to shake my head over this...........(I have the money but they certainly don't need to know that). We are in Oct 2022........this goes back to June 2021!

Wow, that is certainly crazy!  I would want a hard copy, too and would not be in any hurry to pay it! 

We are currently sitting in the Boston airport waiting for our first flight.  We won’t get to our condo until around midnight.  Long day!

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

Wow, that is certainly crazy!  I would want a hard copy, too and would not be in any hurry to pay it! 

We are currently sitting in the Boston airport waiting for our first flight.  We won’t get to our condo until around midnight.  Long day!

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, wishing you a safe and an UNeventful flight home.

5 hours ago, Lois R said:

Was the text from your insurance company or the endoscopy center?  I’d call the insurance company, there’s a time limit on when they can bill you & I believe it is a maximum of 1 year. Personally, I don’t think you’ll have to pay it as they did not bill in a timely manner. Melody

5 hours ago, sjb317 said:

Sherri🙂

Lobster rolls in Legal Seafood in Logan Airport are pretty good if you want suppah.  

6 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Was the text from your insurance company or the endoscopy center?  I’d call the insurance company, there’s a time limit on when they can bill you & I believe it is a maximum of 1 year. Personally, I don’t think you’ll have to pay it as they did not bill in a timely manner. Melody

It was from  the Endoscopy Center.  There is a time limit? Really? I had no idea. Will call Blue Cross tomorrow........

• Like 1