for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

3 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, that is it.  😁

OMG.....that is supposed to be fantastic🙂.  I have heard about it for years but have never stayed there before.  Have fun!........you can just walk along the boardwalk and find a place for dinner !!!

12 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, yes, definitely looking forward to sailing again🙂.  Anyone ever shop at "The Loft"? I have gotten a few things there over the years and found a pair of pants today that will be perfect for the flight😃....they are soooooo soft.  I hate to call them a sweat pant because they are so much nicer but they remind me of something in that category....but a much nicer cut to them.  No bands at the bottom, just a straight leg and when I touched them? OMG.....they really feel like a pricey pant......they were about 40 bucks.   I will definitely get good use out of them and I LOVE the way they fit me.🙂 Got them in black.

I keep looking at the clothing I put out on the bed in the spare room and wondering how much of it I should actually pack LOL..........

I think I have those same pants (they feel like butter). Great traveling pant

23 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning🙂.......Melody, yes.........that is EXACTLY what they feel like.😃.......and yes, Great pant for travel!

I want to be on the cruise with you! I need to check out Silversea. Have a great trip, hope this tropical depression Fred doesn’t impact your travel. 

55 minutes ago, awhfy said:

I want to be on the cruise with you! I need to check out Silversea. Have a great trip, hope this tropical depression Fred doesn’t impact your travel. 

Good morning, I don't think "Fred" will impact me at all......I fly out Wednesday. Of course they really can't tell 4 days in advance but I think I will be fine.🙂

Hi all...

Wasn't someone doing a Carnival cruise out of Galveston soon?  Just saw that one of there ships had an outbreak - 20-some crew and 1 passenger.  But, at least Belize let the vaccinated and negative folks off for the day.  

Those poor people in Haiti!  So tragic that they just had another terrifying earthquake; they hadn't recovered from the last one.  And, they are in the cone for Fred.  All that liquefaction that happened will be even worse when it gets wet!!

Trying to get myself all together for my trip.   The hardest part is food.  Camping is the last part of the trip, first 3 nights is at the Lodge.  But, it's out in the middle of nowhere and going from there to Capital Reef has no real stores.  The ice chest won't keep that long to buy here before I leave.  I'm trying to think of things that don't need refrigeration.  I've got some soups and oatmeal, but trying to think of something a little more substantial.   It's still a little warm, so whatever it is has to be able to stand up to it.  Potatoes and carrots work, but those can be pretty darn boring.  Maybe after dining at the Lodge I'll be happy with just soup and oatmeal!!  

Hope everyone's packing for their cruises is going well!!   Cynthia - good to know you found another hotel. I had seen that you were booked at the other place for the first night they were opening.  

Edited by slidergirl
  • Like 1

Hi Kat, I saw that about the Carnival ship😲...l thought I had heard different numbers but maybe not.

I thought there was way more than 1 guest.....maybe I heard wrong. 

And yes, the earthquake in Haiti is horrible☹️.....the big one for them was back in 2010.....doesn't seem like it has been 11 years since that happened.

Hope you have a fun camping trip.  I fly out Wednesday morning. I keep checking the weather for Seattle and parts of Alaska.......it keeps changing (of course LOL). Looks like it will "probably" be in the the low 60s and showers most days.  That is not too bad really.......long pants, long sleeves, rain gear. 

I posted a thread over on the West Coast Forum about restaurants in Seattle........so many choices for just one night..........

• Like 2

Lois - the one place I went to was Elliott's Oyster House.  Right along the shore walkway.  Looks about 1/2 mile from the Fairmont.  I went for the oysters - raw!  But I stayed for a nice piece of halibut.  It's a restaurant, not a walkup or diner like many on the walkway.  Make reservation if you want to go.   Along the bayfront street you'll see some "campers" - they don't bother anyone.  I walked that way from my hotel (Kimpton Alexis) at night and felt safe.  Just so you know. 

Hmmm - low 60s.  Sounds like shorts and long sleeve T weather for me!  But you all from the South will be bundling up!!!   My weather looks like upper 70s/low 50s, with PM thunder showers Tue-Thu,  then sunshine.  Kind of a good thing I'm camping Fri-Mon.  I don't particularly like being stuck in the SUV or in my tent when it rains - never have.  

I realize I can take broccoli too - saute it up and put some balsamic glaze on it.  Maybe toss in some cup up tomatoes, too.  That's something I do here at home for dinner - can do it camping, too.

• Like 1

Hi Kat, I know Elliott's. I ate there many years ago. Lots of restaurants are along that strip.  And it seems they all say to make a reservation.  Not sure what I am going to do. There is one a block from my hotel called "Purple Cafe and Wine Bar" that looks pretty funky (in a good way).........and there are quite a few others that have been recommended.  Just don't know which one I will pick yet. I may stay closer to the hotel and go to Purple.

And you are right, low 60's for me? Especially on the water, I will be in  a pair of joggers and a long sleeved top. Not sure about bundled LOL.....but yea, long sleeves and probably some sort of sweater or my jean jacket.

Lois - when the ex and to owned a vacation house in Arizona,we'd go there for Christmas and a few long weekends in the Winter.  We'd sit on our patio, in shorts and long sleeve Ts.  We'd watch the golfers go by, wearing jackets and wool caps.  We'd go to our favorite weekend breakfat place, in the shorts and Ts and wait in line with the people in parkas.  Good times.

Elliott's is only Place I remember.  Another time when I stayed at the W Seattle, I ate at another oyster place nearby the W.   When I stayed at the Westin, I only remember grabbing a macchiato at a Peet's stand somewhere outside by the Nordstrom.  I took the fast ferry over to Victoria that day so I may have eaten something over there.

Well, I was going to drive down the canyon to pick up some stuff.  But, a fire just broke out on the hills about 6 miles away about 30 minutes ago.  Closed the interstate in both directions.  Having the subdivision at the top of the hill evacuate.  Some pics from people on FB show the fire burned down to the road at some points (I guess before it was closed).  I'm pretty safe here - it's on other side of the Interstate, so I have a wide 6 lane firebreak if it travels 6 miles across the hills.   I guess I'll be going tomorrow instead.  

6 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Lois - when the ex and to owned a vacation house in Arizona,we'd go there for Christmas and a few long weekends in the Winter.  We'd sit on our patio, in shorts and long sleeve Ts.  We'd watch the golfers go by, wearing jackets and wool caps.  We'd go to our favorite weekend breakfat place, in the shorts and Ts and wait in line with the people in parkas.  Good times.

Elliott's is only Place I remember.  Another time when I stayed at the W Seattle, I ate at another oyster place nearby the W.   When I stayed at the Westin, I only remember grabbing a macchiato at a Peet's stand somewhere outside by the Nordstrom.  I took the fast ferry over to Victoria that day so I may have eaten something over there.

Well, I was going to drive down the canyon to pick up some stuff.  But, a fire just broke out on the hills about 6 miles away about 30 minutes ago.  Closed the interstate in both directions.  Having the subdivision at the top of the hill evacuate.  Some pics from people on FB show the fire burned down to the road at some points (I guess before it was closed).  I'm pretty safe here - it's on other side of the Interstate, so I have a wide 6 lane firebreak if it travels 6 miles across the hills.   I guess I'll be going tomorrow instead.  

Stay safe!  Sometimes it seems like the world has gotten to be a very dangerous and unpredictable place.

By the way, if you didn't see it, I'm sure you'd enjoy the new series that just started on Food Network -- Bobby Flay and Giada in Italy. The first show was in Rome (si, certo).  Sort of seems to be along the same lines as Stanley Tucci but without the more serious topics he occasionally brought out.

7 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Stay safe!  Sometimes it seems like the world has gotten to be a very dangerous and unpredictable place.

By the way, if you didn't see it, I'm sure you'd enjoy the new series that just started on Food Network -- Bobby Flay and Giada in Italy. The first show was in Rome (si, certo).  Sort of seems to be along the same lines as Stanley Tucci but without the more serious topics he occasionally brought out.

It does seem like the world has gotten to be dangerous and unpredictable, sigh.  Back in early June, it seemed we were really getting ahead of this virus but now  we are worse than a year ago.  Add to that fires, earthquakes, Afghanistan, hurricanes, etc. and it  makes me feel like just hibernating in our home but then our condo would probably collapse so maybe I just need to stop watching the news.

Lois, I hope you have another great cruise!  And Kat, your trip sounds like fun, I am looking forward to hearing about your adventure.  

Sherri🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Good morning, Cynthia, I saw that show.  I believe that was filmed before Covid was even thought about......probably 2018........maybe 2019. Looks like a "normal Rome"........all the people, no  masks, no distance, if you noticed at one point Bobby is walking on his own and tons of folks are dining outside, yelling his name LOL.....the guy is definitely known world wide. I know he can cook but I have always thought he comes across as very arrogant (just my opinion).  Seems he and Giada get along well though. 

Hi again, I just googled the Italy show......they went to Italy in Sept 2019 for the entire month.  Nice trip......filming for 4 weeks before life changed.

1 hour ago, sjb317 said:

It does seem like the world has gotten to be dangerous and unpredictable, sigh.  Back in early June, it seemed we were really getting ahead of this virus but now  we are worse than a year ago.  Add to that fires, earthquakes, Afghanistan, hurricanes, etc. and it  makes me feel like just hibernating in our home but then our condo would probably collapse so maybe I just need to stop watching the news.

Lois, I hope you have another great cruise!  And Kat, your trip sounds like fun, I am looking forward to hearing about your adventure.  

Sherri🙂

Hi Sherri, you got that right............lots of "Stuff" going on right now........(using "stuff" because I cannot use the word I want to use). ........I don't want to hibernate but much of it is quite sad, that is for sure.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Sherri, you got that right............lots of "Stuff" going on right now........(using "stuff" because I cannot use the word I want to use). ........I don't want to hibernate but much of it is quite sad, that is for sure.

You are right, better words come to mind than “stuff”.😂  Glad you are getting to go on another cruise, especially Alaska!  

Sherri🙂

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi again, I just googled the Italy show......they went to Italy in Sept 2019 for the entire month.  Nice trip......filming for 4 weeks before life changed.

Yes, definitely pre-Covid.  I think I heard something about them showing the series on their premium streaming platform first, so I guess it has just now made it to "regular TV", lol.

I don't mind Bobby Flay or Giada, although I'd rather see more of the Stanley Tucci series. He's got more of my dry sense of humor and also focuses on more than just food, even though food is the main topic.

15 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes, definitely pre-Covid.  I think I heard something about them showing the series on their premium streaming platform first, so I guess it has just now made it to "regular TV", lol.

I don't mind Bobby Flay or Giada, although I'd rather see more of the Stanley Tucci series. He's got more of my dry sense of humor and also focuses on more than just food, even though food is the main topic.

Hi, oh..they are totally different than Stanley for sure.......that was just my opinion....I mean Bobby knows food for sure......and I like Giada but I LOVE Stanley😃........

The 2 of them are just too much for me sometimes........I always get the feel it is "all about them" and the show is secondary........I think Stanley brings it together more like interweaving it.  Not sure I am describing it properly but I love Stanley........and the other 2? Not so much LOL.

Well, my new tooth implant is failing 😢. I’m having pretty major dental surgery tomorrow with more to come once this heals. I’m pretty bummed. I’ll be fine. Just not happy. 

Lois & cruisemom have fabulous cruises!  Can’t wait for reports & hopefully pictures. Kat, have a great (& safe) camping adventure. Melody

2 minutes ago, awhfy said:

Well, my new tooth implant is failing 😢. I’m having pretty major dental surgery tomorrow with more to come once this heals. I’m pretty bummed. I’ll be fine. Just not happy. 

Oh, no -- sorry sorry to hear about your implant. Not fun. 🙁  I also have had a lot of dental issues, so I can relate. I'll hope for the best for you. 

• Like 1

Well, it is 4:45 here on the East Coast and for the past couple of hours I decided it was time to pull the luggage out and I packed for the cruise.  If the stuff is creased by the time I get to Seattle? I really don't care😉. I lifted up the checked bag and it feels like it always does........lol.....I have never exceeded 50 lbs and I don't think this is near that point either.  I was going to start all the packing tomorrow but just kept looking at the clothes.......and got tired of looking.  Then I went through my jewelry and wanted to make sure I had what I wanted.  I try to match it to the top I am wearing for dinner each night. Or at least give myself a few choices. And yes, Alaska may be more casual but I still like to look nice for dinner.👍

• Like 3

8 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Oh, no -- sorry sorry to hear about your implant. Not fun. 🙁  I also have had a lot of dental issues, so I can relate. I'll hope for the best for you. 

The implant actually fell out about 10 minutes after my post. Really irritating!!!

Edited by awhfy

1 hour ago, awhfy said:

The implant actually fell out about 10 minutes after my post. Really irritating!!!

Melody, so sorry to hear that you are having issues.  Hope everything goes well.

Sherri🙂

• Like 1