Viking Sky off Fort Lauderdale Beach

Snuffie

I was looking last night on Marine Vessel Finder.

Viking Star is docked in Tilbury (Thames River)

Viking Sea is crossing the Atlantic (she had started her journey before Europe shut the doors)

Viking Sky is as stated above -- floating off of Ft. Lauderdale

Viking Sun just disembarked all pax in Dubai

Viking Orion is docked in Melbourne

Viking Jupiter is steaming toward the Caribbean

56 minutes ago, Peregrina651 said:

Viking Sea is crossing the Atlantic (she had started her journey before Europe shut the doors)

Evidence that Europe cruises are being cancelled?

10 minutes ago, duquephart said:

Evidence that Europe cruises are being cancelled?

Just a list of where they are currently according to Marine Vessel Finder.  You can read into anything you want but it is not a game that I am interested in playing.

• Like 2

Snuffie, thank you for posting this! I was aboard the last sailing which turned around mid Atlantic. Unofficial rumor aboard the ship was that she would quickly refuel after all passengers disembarked in Miami then sail straight up then cross directly to Norway. My concern, thoughts, & daily prayers are for the crew. I know there are several aboard who were ending their contracts at Barcelona. 

On 3/23/2020 at 3:23 PM, Liz Masterson said:

What are those things on the beach? 

Oh Dear Viking Sky... I long to be aboard you.

Sigh.....

Sorry for delay.  The things on the beach are beach loungers and cabanas ties up.  All beaches are closed here in Florida.  

• Thanks 1

Re the Sun, all but 8 Canadians who are now sailing towards the Suez Canal. The US govt wouldn't let them land in Seattle on one the chartered flights Viking arranged after Emirates airlines stopped their flights.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

On 3/28/2020 at 3:23 PM, Snuffie said:

On my walk yesterday. Viking Sky and a Royal Caribbean ship.   They are pretty close to the shoreline. 

B88E2070-0873-41CE-AC07-2B84F7729006.thumb.jpeg.11c8c2cf23f553952eeba65f4ac5784c.jpeg

14EED008-2010-48F4-87EA-8FACC2C4C574.jpeg

The last time I saw the Viking Sky that close to shore was last March, when we were being evacuated off Norway due to engine failure during a gale!

Right now she’s back at Port Everglades.  Port schedule says departure is tomorrow at 6:00 with destination “TBD”.  Maybe back to sea anchorage?  My guilty pleasures are the port webcams offered by PTZ.  The two that apply here are ftlauderdalewebcam.com and portevergladeswebcam.com.  (Sorry I haven’t learned how to imbed a link but you guys know how to copy and paste, I’m sure!)

Edited by Geosez
Mispelled word

That makes sense. When I spoke with Camiel (General Manager) the night before he departed he said they would have to come aside every two weeks or so to refuel and take on supplies.  And tomorrow will be two weeks since we disembarked. 

Let us know if she returns to her anchor please. 

1 hour ago, Geosez said:

Right now she’s back at Port Everglades.  Port schedule says departure is tomorrow at 6:00 with destination “TBD”.  Maybe back to sea anchorage?  My guilty pleasures are the port webcams offered by PTZ.  The two that apply here are ftlauderdalewebcam.com and portevergladeswebcam.com.  (Sorry I haven’t learned how to imbed a link but you guys know how to copy and paste, I’m sure!)

Here you go!  

https://www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com/ and https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

If you're working from a full browser like Firefox or Chrome, pasting in a link should be automatically recognized as a link and get formatted as such.  But if it doesn't, use the little "link" thing in between the emoticon and underline symbol --  image.png.2cbafc05f3eaeffe1bfcb4a86f0afeb0.png.  A window will pop up with URL above (enter the complete link including http:// or https:// (depending) and then whatever text you want to have show "above" it -- usually something not as long, e.,g "use this link", that the user can click on without seeing the whole URL.  If you're using a mobile device and a browser like safari or chrome -- it's the same deal but in this case the little "link" symbol is to the left of the font menu at the top of text input box.  The  procedure after that is basically the same. Hope this helps!

Edited by CharTrav

1 hour ago, Clay Clayton said:

According to shiptracker this morning Sky is underway to Portsmouth, England with an estimated arrival of April 15.  Wish I was aboard!

And it looks like Viking Sea, which was docked off Gibraltar is also underway, heading to Lisbon. Sun presently transiting the Suez canal, heading to Lisbon -- and perhaps beyond -- with 8 pax on board.