Has anyone received their FCC yet?

On 3/30/2020 at 1:40 PM, adidas5676 said:

I proactively canceled my cruise hours before RC announced the suspended sailings, for which my cruise was included.  When I talked to RC the agent said 2 weeks for FCC, but I guess since the official announcement was made hours later they got flooded and now it will be a month to see it?

When you proactively cancelled, did you get the email about FCC or refund for suspended cruises?  We did the same (cancelled via cruise with confidence) and then the cruises were suspended and we completed the refund request.  A few days ago we heard from Royal that the refund request (100% refund) would not be honoured and that we would only be getting the 100% FCC instead.  I'm sad that because we did cancel, we are now being limited with the refund.  Royal said once it was cancelled that this is all that would be honoured.

Requested refund via RCCL email links over 2 weeks ago for our cruise (cancelled by RCCL) that was supposed to sail this past Sunday. We also used FCCs from Hurricane Dorian cancellation to pay portion of this cruise.  

As of today (Mar 31)..our credit card showed no refunds of taxes/port charges; no refund of cruise fare; and we haven’t seen any email about reissue of FCCs

Something to consider for people opting for FCCs vs. the cash refund...once you relinquish your cash refund for (essentially purchasing?) the 125% FCCs, and if the next cruise you pick doesn’t sail...there will be no cash offer the next time around. 

Edited by Boatsie

Booked 3 reservations for Oasis 3/15/20. Son canceled 3/12. 3-way call between Royal, myself and son. Was told we would get 100% refund back to credit card. Taxes and port charges first followed by cruise fare. Received email last night detailing his name only (2 person cabin) with 125% FCC of $800 total. Nothing mentioned about DIL who was second person. Cost of cruise fare only was approx 1,600. No idea where they came up with that number. And I explicitly said cash refund not FCC. Other 2 cabins canceled 3/13/20 by RC. I replied to email cash refund not FCC. I’ll wait and see what happens with those refunds prior to calling. Right now I’m irritated. I do have every intention of cruising again and hopefully with RC. Sure hope this isn’t an uphill battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

7 hours ago, Sitzlong said:

When you proactively cancelled, did you get the email about FCC or refund for suspended cruises?  We did the same (cancelled via cruise with confidence) and then the cruises were suspended and we completed the refund request.  A few days ago we heard from Royal that the refund request (100% refund) would not be honoured and that we would only be getting the 100% FCC instead.  I'm sad that because we did cancel, we are now being limited with the refund.  Royal said once it was cancelled that this is all that would be honoured.

I got the email several days after I canceled, and requested the 125% FCC online, but I'm not sure if that will go through because when I called (before the official suspension) she said 2 weeks for the FCC (100%) as the 125% was not an offer until the official suspension announcement made after my phone call.

19 minutes ago, adidas5676 said:

I got the email several days after I canceled, and requested the 125% FCC online, but I'm not sure if that will go through because when I called (before the official suspension) she said 2 weeks for the FCC (100%) as the 125% was not an offer until the official suspension announcement made after my phone call.

If you cancelled voluntarily prior to the suspension of sailings you are ineligible for the 125% offer even though you received that e mail. They are making no exceptions. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bhami said:

Booked 3 reservations for Oasis 3/15/20. Son canceled 3/12. 3-way call between Royal, myself and son. Was told we would get 100% refund back to credit card. Taxes and port charges first followed by cruise fare. Received email last night detailing his name only (2 person cabin) with 125% FCC of $800 total. Nothing mentioned about DIL who was second person. Cost of cruise fare only was approx 1,600. No idea where they came up with that number. And I explicitly said cash refund not FCC. Other 2 cabins canceled 3/13/20 by RC. I replied to email cash refund not FCC. I’ll wait and see what happens with those refunds prior to calling. Right now I’m irritated. I do have every intention of cruising again and hopefully with RC. Sure hope this isn’t an uphill battle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

125% FCC’s issued under the Suspension of Sailings can be changed to a cash refund anytime prior to Dec 31 2021. 

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

If you cancelled voluntarily prior to the suspension of sailings you are ineligible for the 125% offer even though you received that e mail. They are making no exceptions. 

I get it, but she also said 2 weeks for the FCC and it's been well beyond 2 weeks now.

7 hours ago, Boatsie said:

Something to consider for people opting for FCCs vs. the cash refund...once you relinquish your cash refund for (essentially purchasing?) the 125% FCCs, and if the next cruise you pick doesn’t sail...there will be no cash offer the next time around. 

As long as the FCC’s are not applied to a cruise they can be converted to a cash refund.  It would be wide to not apply them until final payment is due. 

14 hours ago, molly361 said:

Can the regular agents apply them or do they have to switch you to another department?

the agent i talked to had to put me on hold to get to another department. that took about 20 minutes, but got the fcc applied to our october 2021 booking.

• Thanks 1

I received my FCC for my April 4th trip this past weekend (March 27th).  I cancelled ours on March 12th a day before they announced the cancellation of all cruises for April on March 13th.  I received my prepaid excursions and package refunds (beverage, internet, etc) almost immediately in full.  I am still waiting on the taxes, fees and prepaid gratuities to be refunded to my CC.  I sent message to RCCL on Sunday (March 29th) about the expected time frame for this but have not had a reply as of today (April 1).

15 minutes ago, frankieG36 said:

I sent message to RCCL on Sunday (March 29th) about the expected time frame for this but have not had a reply as of today (April 1).

Welcome to CC.

You may never get a reply.

• Like 1

On 3/30/2020 at 1:36 PM, Retired LEO said:

For the first round of cancellations the FCC's won't be sent out until at least April 13th. 

That is not true as some people have been receiving them.

11 hours ago, gerig said:

That is not true as some people have been receiving them.

Cruises cancelled by the cruise line?  The only ones I have heard  of are those cancelled by the guest.

The letter for those cancelled by the cruise line for the first cancellation period said by 4/13.

Edited by later

I just today recieved a credit from my TA on my credit card. ($783)  That number doesn't add up to anything i have coming. 

I had 2 price drops =$316

Gratuities and taxes =$723

Bev pkg=$254

Shore excursion=$155.98, not sure if i am getting this in fcc

My other cancelled cruise total for refund was $3,894. 

I did notice sometimes when paying cruises off sometimes a payment went to TA, and other times payment went straight to rccl. So maybe TA is returning the part billed directly to them?? Maybe our usual beach can help. 

28 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Just weird it thru TA

I would worry and you'll want to confirm why the credit is coming from the TA - I would be leery of using a TA who launders money - both charges and credits should be directly to/from RCI.

I just got the first of 3 FCC.   And it was for both DH and myself.  However; it was only for 100% and not the 125% they told me I would get - because RCL cancelled all 3 cruises.

Who should  I talk to?

Edited by atb
misspelling