Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

It is not the water company’s problem. I just did not want to be billed for using water that I was not using.

So the water comsumed by your bad toilet became the water company's expense instead of yours. Typically issues past the water meter are your problem including the wasted water.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Keksie said:

In some parts of the state the water table is too near the surface of the ground to build a water-tight basement and no basement may be better than a leaky, flood-prone one. In other areas of the state, there's damp clay soil that can push into basement walls, causing them to crack if not built correctly with the help of an engineer. There's also bedrock that looms near the surface in much of Texas that require digging through it for a basement, which makes the whole process just too darn expensive. Similarly, the frost line — the point in the dirt where the soil does not freeze in the winter — is much shallower in Texas than up north. In other parts of the country, home builders must dig deep to make it below the frost line and since they are already down in the dirt, they may as well put in a basement. There's simply no need for that in most of Texas.

I do not have a basement .

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Did I ever show you the painting we had done on the wall in stairwell leading to rooftop deck

I cannot fit in one picture.20220614_174517.thumb.jpg.caf89c8adcfc57d24aea4b39c2bced0f.jpg

This is left side of the wall.  I goofed by uploading right side first

20220614_174523.thumb.jpg.41426934e07eac70bf8c6f0ffa6905b9.jpg

LOVE that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ocean Boy said:

So your bad toilet became the water company's expense instead of yours.

My so had a leaky toilet twice. Huge bill. Got it fixed and water authority gave me some credit. Got lucky

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

So your comsumed by your bad toilet became the water company's expense instead of yours.

I understand your point ,however,I do not feel that I should have to pay for water I am not using.I am old enough to remember when there was no such thing as being billed for using water as a NY resident.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, George C said:

One of the things I like about our house is it has two different a/c units so even if one is out for a while house is still livable.

One thing I like about our house is I can just open the windows.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

Such a nice looking house Debbie and I love your planter - is it an old boat?  The painting is beautiful too. It looks like it really captures that shore feeling.  

Thank you.    Yes, it was my Grandfathers old boat that sat at my Nana's house unused for years after he passed away.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea DogGreg- I have been thinking of mentioning a name of an animal expert that used to have a show and WOR radio in NYC a number of years ago. His name is Warren Eckstein. You could Google him as he has written a number of books about dog behavior.

When people would call his show asking for help because their puppies/dogs were chewing the furniture etc,he would recommend a product to spray on the item.I think it was called Sour Apple. It was non- toxic and it didn’t stain items,but the dogs did not like the taste and it would deter them from chewing on something they shouldn’t be chewing.

Just thought this may be helpful to you to train your pups not to chew the couch.

MJ🙋🏻

Sour Apple worked really well when my dog was a pup. It was no good for slippers or sneakers though, only wood.

Edited by Ocean Boy
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, George C said:

One of the things I like about our house is it has two different a/c units so even if one is out for a while house is still livable.

We have split system at the shore house and wish we had it at home too (someday I'm sure we will do it).

25 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

@Sea DogGreg- I have been thinking of mentioning a name of an animal expert that used to have a show and WOR radio in NYC a number of years ago. His name is Warren Eckstein. You could Google him as he has written a number of books about dog behavior.

When people would call his show asking for help because their puppies/dogs were chewing the furniture etc,he would recommend a product to spray on the item.I think it was called Sour Apple. It was non- toxic and it didn’t stain items,but the dogs did not like the taste and it would deter them from chewing on something they shouldn’t be chewing.

Just thought this may be helpful to you to train your pups not to chew the couch.

MJ🙋🏻

I remember his show.I used to listen to him .Either before or right after his show was Arthur Frommer talking about travel.

• Like 2

I have a basement and an attic.

The only things stored in the attic are Christmas decorations and a bunch of golf trophies my son won.  He didn’t take them with him when he moved, but he will have to deal with them some day😂😂

And for some reason, we are storing two wedding dresses in one of our bedrooms.   

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I use Ocean Spray combo Cranberry/Mango with vodka and Kraken, of course, white label.

thst sounds like a very good refreshing cocktail.

5 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

How do you make simple syrup?

here is a basic recipe that I’ve used before.

https://www.liquor.com/recipes/simple-syrup/

You can buy versions of simple syrup. I like a Demerara  syrup.

https://www.amazon.com/RAFT-Demerara-Syrup-Cocktails-Sodas/dp/B07WXHHV8S/ref=mp_s_a_1_4?crid=3CSUBK8H6HZT5&keywords=demura+simple+syrup&qid=1655249354&sprefix=demura+%2Caps%2C121&sr=8-4

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

To hot up there anyway

My attic is roasting in summer. I don't like going up there. I've heard they do better with metal roofs as opposed to regular asphalt shingles. I don't know if it is true or not.

9 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Thank you.    Yes, it was my Grandfathers old boat that sat at my Nana's house unused for years after he passed away.

When we moved into our current house there was a painting on the wall of our upstairs bathroom of a beach scene.I loved it but my better half did not and when we had the house painted a few weeks later the beautiful beach scene was gone.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

I understand your point ,however,I do not feel that I should have to pay for water I am not using.I am old enough to remember when there was no such thing as being billed for using water as a NY resident.

Water was included in your taxes?

48 minutes ago, Momof3gurlz said:

For the mojito makers here who do their own simple syrup,  have you ever made mint simple syrup?  I made some today and used my drink tonight.  It really bumps up the mint flavor.  

Yes, Me here!    I make my own simple syrup and yes, sometimes I have infused fresh mint leaves when simmering the water/sugar mixture.     Is that what you did?

5 minutes ago, h20skibum said:

I have a basement and an attic.

The only things stored in the attic are Christmas decorations and a bunch of golf trophies my son won.  He didn’t take them with him when he moved, but he will have to deal with them some day😂😂

And for some reason, we are storing two wedding dresses in one of our bedrooms.   

I use our third car garage for storage especially all my Christmas decorations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When we moved into our current house there was a painting on the wall of our upstairs bathroom of a beach scene.I loved it but my better half did not and when we had the house painted a few weeks later the beautiful beach scene was gone.

😪

4 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

My attic is roasting in summer. I don't like going up there. I've heard they do better with metal roofs as opposed to regular asphalt shingles. I don't know if it is true or not.

We actually have reflective decking. It cools it down a bit.

Downside is no cell signal indoors. Wi-Fi handles everything pretty good though

• Like 1