Now for something completely different

1 hour ago, Mareblu said:

That’s exciting news from Batehaven, Les.  Well done

Thanks Linda, I was down in the dumps, so hit the buttons today, lol.  A load of CC'ers on the cruise, I have met some personally.  They need someone to keep them in line, lol.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 4

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

Now I have to sort out a glitch with medallion did it on web but ticked all boxes except personal info, still in blue lane.

I believe the personal info bit is still entered the old fashioned way, in the personaliser. Click check-in on the menu bar, then guest information form.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NSWP said:

Thanks Linda, I was down in the dumps, so hit the buttons today, lol.  A load of CC'ers on the cruise, I have met some personally.  They need someone to keep them in line, lol.

Glad you are cruising with a lot of CC'ers on this thread.  Will be nice to have company.  Bon Voyage!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lyndarra said:

Thanks for the kind offer Lyle however there will be four of us and we will  most likely get a rental car.

No problem Lyndon, but we should get together while you're here. I just had a thought, check out the Victoria Regent. It is right on the harbour in Victoria and they have nice suites complete with full kitchens in many units. We have stayed there twice. We also stayed at the Ocean Point which is a Delta hotel by Marriot. It is also right on the harbour. We stayed there for our anniversary in 2021. It is a nice hotel and the little harbour Ferries have a dock right there. We haven't stayed at the Laurel Point but it is nice. Also check out Royal Scott Hotel it is also right in town but a block in from the harbour. We haven't stayed there either but did have dinner there once. It may be a good value I'm not sure. 

Some of the decent value hotels have been bought by our government for housing homeless.

Hopefully we can meet up when you are here.

12 hours ago, NSWP said:

You'll need to dust off your uniform then, Les👮‍♂️   Really happy to hear you'll have great company, and it's a thrilling buzz, getting ready to cruise again, isn't it?  Are you sailing from Sydney on the 13th?  Coincidentally, that's the day we fly out of Sydney for London to embark our Baltic cruise.  We both wish you clear skies and sparkling seas.

Linda

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

And this is Bailey now.

That scruffy looking guy in the back is Chevy.

20220829_160804.thumb.jpg.f6410c6a27f374c372d234fc30af346b.jpg

Bailey is a handsome young man, with kind and intelligent eyes.  Chevy looks totally chilled.  They're both beautiful, Lyle.

35 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

No problem Lyndon, but we should get together while you're here. I just had a thought, check out the Victoria Regent. It is right on the harbour in Victoria and they have nice suites complete with full kitchens in many units. We have stayed there twice. We also stayed at the Ocean Point which is a Delta hotel by Marriot. It is also right on the harbour. We stayed there for our anniversary in 2021. It is a nice hotel and the little harbour Ferries have a dock right there. We haven't stayed at the Laurel Point but it is nice. Also check out Royal Scott Hotel it is also right in town but a block in from the harbour. We haven't stayed there either but did have dinner there once. It may be a good value I'm not sure. 

Some of the decent value hotels have been bought by our government for housing homeless.

Hopefully we can meet up when you are here.

Once we stayed at the Empress Hotel, one of Canada's grand railway hotels.  It was very expensive and not worth it for the basic accommodation we chose.  However,  we loved the waterfront location and the feeling of being part of history.  So we used to eat there every time we visited Victoria.  The High Tea wasn't worth the price, but they used to have a wonderful "Indian" restaurant at the back with stuffed animals on the walls. The food was good and it had a fabulous atmosphere like being a guest at a historic home in England.  We found another place down town which had a fabulous High Tea.  Victoria is very popular with Americans because it is just like being in England. 

I'm not surprised the decent value hotels, where we used to stay later, have been bought by the Government to house the homeless.  

29 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

We are on the bald prairie just now, it is very peaceful and we enjoying time with our Nephew and his family. 

This is their pup Bailey a few months ago.

IMG_19911.thumb.jpg.5876e0bef58ce08fe8821850883614b9.jpg

So cute.  Pity they have to grow up so quickly.  

12 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

You'll need to dust off your uniform then, Les👮‍♂️   Really happy to hear you'll have great company, and it's a thrilling buzz, getting ready to cruise again, isn't it?  Are you sailing from Sydney on the 13th?  Coincidentally, that's the day we fly out of Sydney for London to embark our Baltic cruise.  We both wish you clear skies and sparkling seas.

Linda

Bon Voyage, Linda, for your Baltic cruise.  What is ship and itinerary?   I loved our Baltic cruise.  I thought I'd love to go back, without St Petersburg.  I loved St Petersburg but not the expensive visa and Russian control.  Now of course, they probably no longer stop there.  

24 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Linda

yes 13th SEPT, BON VOYAGE TO YOU.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Bon Voyage, Linda, for your Baltic cruise.  What is ship and itinerary?   I loved our Baltic cruise.  I thought I'd love to go back, without St Petersburg.  I loved St Petersburg but not the expensive visa and Russian control.  Now of course, they probably no longer stop there.  

Thanks, Marion.  We're sailing on Oceania Sirena, Portsmouth-Portsmouth (14 days).  It will be our second Baltic cruise;  we sailed on Seabourn Quest in 2014.  We're using FCCs from an almost identical 2020 cruise that went the way of all cruises in the time of Covid.  This cruise calls at a few ports we haven't visited, and some we've actually stopped in for a few days before prior to boarding other Nordic cruises.  We love that part of the world, particularly the fjords.  One of the attractions of this cruise is the passage through the Kiel Canal, twice (going and returning).  We did that once on the Seabourn cruise, and found it fascinating.  Such marvellous engineering for its time, and so very picturesque.  We felt we could shake hands with the farmers waving to us from their fields, they were so close.  Oceania was the first line to drop St Petersburg from its Baltic itineraries following the Ukranian invasion.  We, like you, enjoyed visiting there last time, but after experiencing the wondrous treasures of the opulent  Hermitage, and cruising the canals, we have no need to return.  I wouldn't wish to patronise Putin's tyrannical regime in any manner, and many cruisers I've had contact with feel similarly.  Sadly, that means economic hardship for the Russian people, but an end to his madness can only come from within.

24 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What is bald prairie?  I googled it, but it came up as a town in Texas. 

We're in Saskatchewan, the bald prairie is something some wet coasters call the rather flat expanse that is some of Alberta, all of Saskatchewan and part of Manitoba.

41 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Once we stayed at the Empress Hotel, one of Canada's grand railway hotels.  It was very expensive and not worth it for the basic accommodation we chose.  However,  we loved the waterfront location and the feeling of being part of history.  So we used to eat there every time we visited Victoria.  The High Tea wasn't worth the price, but they used to have a wonderful "Indian" restaurant at the back with stuffed animals on the walls. The food was good and it had a fabulous atmosphere like being a guest at a historic home in England.  We found another place down town which had a fabulous High Tea.  Victoria is very popular with Americans because it is just like being in England. 

I'm not surprised the decent value hotels, where we used to stay later, have been bought by the Government to house the homeless.  

Unfortunately the Bengal Lounge is gone, a victim of the " renovation" which many locals loathe. It was a great room with good food excellent service and that Bengal tiger skin on the wall. That tiger skin disappeared during the renovation, I wonder what construction worker has it.

53 minutes ago, Mareblu said:

Bailey is a handsome young man, with kind and intelligent eyes.  Chevy looks totally chilled.  They're both beautiful, Lyle.

Bailey is a very pretty girl, extremely intelligent but clumsy still. Her mother was an RCMP K9 officer now retired and Bailey was in her last litter. 

Chevy was a fairly aggressive dog when we were here kast year. He went away for  5 weeks of extensive training and is a much more pleasant fellow. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I didn't have any problems when I went into the Personalizer to print our travel summary and luggage tags.

I got those OK.  Did you get into Princess.com this morning Julie?

Edited by NSWP

4 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

And this is Bailey now.

That scruffy looking guy in the back is Chevy.

20220829_160804.thumb.jpg.f6410c6a27f374c372d234fc30af346b.jpg

Talking about dogs...some of 'patients' from my Grandaughter the mobile Vet in Townsville, Qld..

295483321_6283639548787_4077158699920207733_n.jpg

298341949_5357192314359430_1314533352408789200_n.jpg

300218384_5400227053389289_4907177717133740958_n.jpg

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 2