M class (Constellation & Infinity) - need advice please

lydnsyd

Normally I opt for Solstice class but this time I am looking a 2 itineraries on the Constellation & Infinity  to the Med in June/July next year - I sailed on M class ships many moons ago so not sure on what cabins are good etc.   We are looking at Decks 7 / 8 /9

I have a few questions re the M Class of ship

Q1 - are the concierge cabins/balconies slightly larger than normal veranda cabins?   - I know there is no difference on s class

Q2 - are the veranda's on the slant slightly bigger on M class- similar to the S class

Q2 - SV cabins are they  worth the extra money? I can see that some are next to FV cabins are they likely to be noisier re families?

Most of the cabins available on both itineraries   are either fwd or aft - are there cabins that have overhangs etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

I have sailed on the Constellation, Infinity and the Summit. If your itinerary is taking you to a hot and sunny location, the concierge rooms on deck 9 have a covered balcony. We loved this when we did a 15 day through the Panama Canal. It was very sunny so the covered area was a bonus to still enjoy sitting outdoors.  We never had any noise issues from above.  We were just aft of the midship . In cold/cooler weather, we have been on deck 3 with the extra large windows. We really enjoyed the light and  looking out as a balcony would have been a waste. 

The often mentioned (on these boards) "sweet 16" on all M-class ships.  Best veranda value on all X ships.  Lowest category veranda with double deep balconies from ship structure "bump out".  Lots on these boards about them so search it.  Book 6030 if you can.  Great cabins and great value!

Especially recommended for Med.   You will be in port most days and off ship.  but you still have a large veranda to enjoy.  

We have done four cruises on Infinity, 2 on Connie and 1 on Millie.

The Concierge cabins on deck 9 are a little larger than a balcony cabin, but deck 10 is the pool deck and many of those cabins are not so great, due to the noise of moving furniture and banging around in the early morning by the crew.  We had a cabin once on deck 9 and were awakened early a few times with such noises.  

I personally would never pay extra for a concierge cabin in any event, especially for a deck 9 cabin on an M class.

I always liked cabin 7171 which has an angled balcony that is slightly larger than other balcony cabins.

Never had a sweet sixteen cabin that is on the fore of the ship, I think on deck 6.

We upgraded on Millie to a suite (the smaller suites) and it was nice.  We loved the dining benefits, but would never pay full price for a suite.

43 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

The often mentioned (on these boards) "sweet 16" on all M-class ships.  Best veranda value on all X ships.  Lowest category veranda with double deep balconies from ship structure "bump out".  Lots on these boards about them so search it.  Book 6030 if you can.  Great cabins and great value!

Especially recommended for Med.   You will be in port most days and off ship.  but you still have a large veranda to enjoy.  

43 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

Thank you sadly the sweet 16 cabins have all been booked same with most of the mid ships. There is one on the slant available but not sure if that has a bigger balcony

All Concierge and AQ cabins on M class are about 20 sq ft larger than other balcony cabins.  There are CC on deck 8 where you have cabins above and below.  We personally won't book the smaller regular balcony cabins due to the size but that's a personal decision.

There are no SV cabins on M class, there are C1 cabins aft which have VERY large balcony with partial covering and partial sun.  The cabin itself is the same as other CC or AQ cabins but the balcony and wake view are some of the best in the fleet.

I believe that the FV corner cabins are being changed to Suite class after Dry Dock.

Millennium has already had her Dry Dock, but I believe that both Infinity and Constellation’s are now on hold, due the ship yard in Cadiz being shut.

Due to the financial status of Celebrity, who knows when they with proceed with Dry Docks.

The attached photos were taken in FV cabin 9156, Infinity in October 2013.

F0DFF9C7-A763-455F-A5EA-A69E4C3058D4.jpeg

9F2FEC43-6024-415A-A13A-482E4F57E637.jpeg

7CE01B58-3B72-4F3D-AFBF-6AF4C8E7A0A6.jpeg

BC27401A-A905-44EC-B78E-8D28F74A98FE.jpeg

17 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

I believe that the FV corner cabins are being changed to Suite class after Dry Dock.

Millennium has already had her Dry Dock, but I believe that both Infinity and Constellation’s are now on hold, due the ship yard in Cadiz being shut.

Due to the financial status of Celebrity, who knows when they with proceed with Dry Docks.

The attached photos were taken in FV cabin 9156, Infinity in October 2013.

F0DFF9C7-A763-455F-A5EA-A69E4C3058D4.jpeg

9F2FEC43-6024-415A-A13A-482E4F57E637.jpeg

7CE01B58-3B72-4F3D-AFBF-6AF4C8E7A0A6.jpeg

BC27401A-A905-44EC-B78E-8D28F74A98FE.jpeg

The FV cabins look great but on the two cruises itineraries we are looking at 1st June & 14th June both to  Turkey & Greece they have already been snapped up. Can theFV be booked by non family passengers - there are just the 2 of us? Are the other cabins at the back larger than normal, we had booked a SV on the Silhouette but that was cancelled due to the virus? 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

All Concierge and AQ cabins on M class are about 20 sq ft larger than other balcony cabins.  There are CC on deck 8 where you have cabins above and below.  We personally won't book the smaller regular balcony cabins due to the size but that's a personal decision.

There are no SV cabins on M class, there are C1 cabins aft which have VERY large balcony with partial covering and partial sun.  The cabin itself is the same as other CC or AQ cabins but the balcony and wake view are some of the best in the fleet.

The C1 cabins that are available are 9201 & 8185 & 8170 - there are 2 FV's next to these cabins port & starboard   I was just wondering if there might be extra noise in these FV cabins if there were children but I guess it is a gamble

FV cabins on deck nine get some noise from the Sunset Bar above them on deck 10.  Since smoking is allowed on the port side of the bar, might get some smoke drifting down on the port corner FV cabin.  Deck 8 FV cabins should be okay.  They usually hold the FV cabins for 3 or more but keep watching because they do open them up prior to sailing if no one takes them.

Cabin 7166 (2A class) has a nice slanted balcony (larger than the usual Concierge balcony), starboard side, aft.  We sometimes grab that cabin, but if we want more cabin space, on longer cruises, then we prefer to go with a C3 on deck 8, aft.  We tried 8148 (starboard aft) but like 8150 and 8152, it's near a service door and a metal plate on the floor between cabins 8146 and 8148 and can be very noisy from 6:30 am to 9:00 a.m. with breakfast cart deliveries (we're late sleepers, when possible).  We're in 7166 on our Caribbean cruise in December, but might change to a rear aft C3 on deck 8.  Also cabins C2 Cabins 8045 and 8046 forward have a very large slanted balcony.  The cabins above and below have the same large slanted balconies.

5 hours ago, lydnsyd said:

Normally I opt for Solstice class but this time I am looking a 2 itineraries on the Constellation & Infinity  to the Med in June/July next year - I sailed on M class ships many moons ago so not sure on what cabins are good etc.   We are looking at Decks 7 / 8 /9

I have a few questions re the M Class of ship

Q1 - are the concierge cabins/balconies slightly larger than normal veranda cabins?   - I know there is no difference on s class

Q2 - are the veranda's on the slant slightly bigger on M class- similar to the S class

Q2 - SV cabins are they  worth the extra money? I can see that some are next to FV cabins are they likely to be noisier re families?

Most of the cabins available on both itineraries   are either fwd or aft - are there cabins that have overhangs etc.

Any advice would be appreciated

Edited by Loracpin2

On 4/18/2020 at 11:03 AM, Luv2Crus40 said:

Since smoking is allowed on the port side of the bar, might get some smoke drifting down on the port corner FV cabin

Smoking is not allowed at the sunset bar anymore due to the Aqua Class cabins directly above on deck 11.   They changed this policy a couple of years ago.

• Thanks 1