Child in Separate Room?

Cayman1

We are looking at booking a balcony and a interior right across the hall. What is the age that a child can stay in one of those rooms alone? 

For some reason I thought I read in the past that if you have children, they can stay in an adjoining room or directly across the hall.

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Edited by Cayman1

Where minor guests can be booked in relation to relative or guardian:

• Guests 12 and younger
    If the relative or guardian insists on booking separate staterooms, minors must either be directly across the hall or next door. Guests 12 and under may not be assigned to a balcony stateroom without a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older) traveling in the balcony stateroom with them. 
  • Guests 13 - 17 years of age
    Can be separated by up to 3 staterooms from a relative or guardian (25 years of age or older).
  • Guests 18 – 20 years of age
    Do not have any restrictions and may book whatever location they prefer. 

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2544/~/minor-guest-policy

• Like 1

It is not in policy, but we have been booked by carnival on connected balconies with just my kids (4, 6, 7) in one room (it was a spring break cruise that was just cancelled, so unsure if they would have let us sail that way).

we are rebooked using the FCC in the same setup currently.

I was just about to ask that next... We had to book 1 adult in each room, as it wouldnt let us, so I wasn't sure if we had to get different keys, or just call Carnival and have them fix it... but of course we would want a key for her room too, regardless.

Thanks.

3 hours ago, 1025cruise said:

Just something to consider. You say "child". If you are getting a room for a single child, you're going to be paying a single supplement. 

Yes... but the deal was so good, we couldn't pass it up to have 2 bathrooms for the girls to be able to get ready in. Balcony and Inside room for less than $1100 for 8 night cruise... plus $100 OBC for each room and shareholder benefit of $100 each room. 🙂

It is not necessary to book one adult in each room, unless you are doing so to enable the purchase of only 1 Cheers package, to receive additional benefits or a lower rate not available otherwise for the second room.  You do, however, have to call to book the children in their own room.  Carnival's website doesn't support that for some reason.

16 hours ago, Cayman1 said:

Yes... but the deal was so good, we couldn't pass it up to have 2 bathrooms for the girls to be able to get ready in. Balcony and Inside room for less than $1100 for 8 night cruise... plus $100 OBC for each room and shareholder benefit of $100 each room. 🙂

is your daughter a shareholder?! good for her, otherwise she wont get that OBC.

that seems like a great price!

19 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

is your daughter a shareholder?! good for her, otherwise she wont get that OBC.

that seems like a great price!

No... but as we have my wife and I booked in each room, we are ok. We will just get my wife a spare key for my room and then she will have a key for both rooms.

Agree on the price... just hope it sails. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cayman1 said:

No... but as we have my wife and I booked in each room, we are ok. We will just get my wife a spare key for my room and then she will have a key for both rooms.

Agree on the price... just hope it sails. 

splitting parents is a great way to double that OBC and it helps if you want cheers for only 1 adult. in a lot of ways it seems like a great setup for booking. it is easy to get a second key once on board for anyone thinking about that.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2020 at 1:01 PM, dallasdan said:

We booked one adult in each room with kids in each room.  When we boarded the ship, we asked for extra room keys.  The boys all slept in one room.  My DW and I had our own room.  

We are doing something similar, but since we are receiving OBC for both cabins our PVP advised me to wait until we board to switch back into my cabin and let my oldest daughter and her friend have the second inside cabin, but I like your idea of just grabbing a third key for our cabin.