Is sailing on the Horizon May 2021 to soon

tauep24

All sorts of stuff can happen between now and then....or nothing bad may happen at all.  If the OP can afford to either change the sail date or lose the deposit if bad stuff happens, then okay.

I booked a cruises for Nov and Dec - Nov is a $198 deposit on Carnival Magic and we'll see how things are when final payment is due. either I pay in full, try to transfer to another date, or just lose the deposit.

The Dec cruise is a free balcony cabin on Celebrity Edge, just taxes and port charges.  If it looks dicey, I can shift the same rate and cabin in Dec 2021, so not much to lose there.

Hopefully the best stuff will happen, but I can easily handle the worst as well.  More will be revealed.  No one can definitively answer the OP's question.

Edited by evandbob

51 minutes ago, evandbob said:

The Dec cruise is a free balcony cabin on Celebrity Edge, just taxes and port charges.  If it looks dicey, I can shift the same rate and cabin in Dec 2021, so not much to lose 

There are certain categories of purchase that cannot be part of the lift and shift.  Hopefully this will not come to fruition and you'll enjoy your cruise.  We did in January and enjoyed it so much we booked on board for Jan of 22 on the Apex.

On 5/21/2020 at 10:42 PM, siestakeys04 said:

I hope they are sailing by then i would love to be on a ship by July 2021

Once there is a COVID-19 reliable vaccine ,which i think there will before the years end, things will be back to normal.  

Edited by shipbound2

On 5/31/2020 at 2:57 PM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Could you please provide a link or reference to who promised a vaccine this year?

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/05/21/trump-administration-accelerates-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-to-be-available-beginning-in-october.html

The president and a few pharmaceutical companies have made the promise.  Seems like AstraZeneca is in the forefront.

26 minutes ago, athlonnx said:

https://www.hhs.gov/about/news/2020/05/21/trump-administration-accelerates-astrazeneca-covid-19-vaccine-to-be-available-beginning-in-october.html

The president and a few pharmaceutical companies have made the promise.  Seems like AstraZeneca is in the forefront.

Well, that was an eye opener. I've not heard of this. Thanks for posting althonnx. 👍

19 hours ago, shipbound2 said:

Once there is a COVID-19 reliable vaccine ,which i think there will before the years end, things will be back to normal.  

Even if a vaccine is developed this year as posted/linked in this thread, that doesn’t necessarily mean things will be back to normal. A lot will depend on the effectiveness of a vaccine.  For example, a flu vaccine is available every year, but getting the vaccine does not mean you will not get the flu.

3 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Even if a vaccine is developed this year as posted/linked in this thread, that doesn’t necessarily mean things will be back to normal. A lot will depend on the effectiveness of a vaccine.  For example, a flu vaccine is available every year, but getting the vaccine does not mean you will not get the flu.

yes, that is true you can get the flu even if you were inoculated but it does offer protection especially to the people that have health issues in the first place and this is true during the regular flu season .This would probably be true for COVID-19 virus a vaccine would provide protection especially for the people that had health issues. I 've got a flu shot all my life and I've never was sick with the flu. The biggest problem with cruise ship is that people go on the ship when they're sick  in the first place. 

On 4/24/2020 at 12:49 PM, teknoge3k said:

Definitely not too soon. I would think there will be cruises later this year. We're sailing May 29th '21 on the Horizon. 

Finally under 1 year til we sail.  Trying to figure out shore excursions.  Better to book now or wait til i board?

On 5/22/2020 at 10:20 AM, tybrkr17 said:

I will be *hopefully* on the Horzion in August. Probably not going to happen (I have had three cruises cancelled so far this year) but I will let you all know as well. 🤞

tybrkr17, if you happen to sail in August will post post any reviews of the changes that are being made?

10 hours ago, tauep24 said:

Finally under 1 year til we sail.  Trying to figure out shore excursions.  Better to book now or wait til i board?

Go on the ports of call section on CC and research each of your ports.   There could be private excursions that are recommended on there or on TripAdvisor that could either save you money or be smaller in size making it a better excursion.  The only time you should wait to reserve it on board is if you have OBC to burn.