Suspension in Cruising Refund or Future Cruise Credit Received???

Suspension in Cruising Refund or Future Cruise Credit Received???   

76 members have voted

1. 1. Has Royal Caribbean cancelled your cruise because of the suspension of cruising? or have you chosen to cancel on your own? Have you received your FCC or Refund? Still Waiting?

• 125% Future Cruise Credit Received
    • Cash, Debit Card, or Credit Card Refund Received
    • Still Waiting For 125% Future Cruise Credit
    • Still Waiting for Cash, Debit Card or Credit Card Refund

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/01/2020 at 05:00 AM

My May 3rd cruise was cancelled by Royal, and I am still waiting for my refund. According to a customer service agent, my cruise cancellation was processed on April 24, and I should have my refund 30 days from that date. A little frustrating, since cruises were cancelled through May 11 back in March. 

It's confusing, we cancelled one cruise and are awaiting our depostit back as a FCC, that was about 6 weeks ago, Two others were cancelled by RCI about 3 weeks ago, waiting on a FCC for one of them, the other we opted for the refund, had the email this morning showing a refund so just waiting for it to be credited back, no idea how long it will take.

We were going to keep them all as FCC's but as they have to be used by end of 2021 we have one other cruise booked for September which is a TA so not confident of the ships coming over to Europe and we may not be able to use them all.

In our case we cancelled on March 6 the day they announced the Cruise with Confidence policy.  However it required 48 hours notice and our sailing was March 7.  Cruise with Confidence was not retroactive so even if we cancelled March 5 it would not have counted.  When we called they said tough.  We then called our TA who got a back end person that said if we had a Doctors notice we could get FCCs but they were only for 100% and only good for 1 year not through the end of 2021.  No refunds!

We have the FCCs now and got our taxes and port fees after 30 days.  We do not have our shipboard prepayments yet.

We did have a sailing for next March we could apply the FCCs to but my wife is immunocompromised due a transplant and we are still pretty nervous given there could be a rebound so we are just playing the game till final payment to see where things stand.  Fingers crossed some miracles happen.

If Royal Caribbean canceled your cruise you had a choice of a100% refund or a125% future cruise credit. 

Those who chose to cancel their cruise before Royal Caribbean canceled are only eligible for a 100% future cruise credit.

I don’t  understand your post. 

Royal Caribbean canceled four  cruises during the suspension period. We requested refund for all four. We received the refund for one so far. 

m

We requested refund April 16 when RCI cancelled our cruise. It said our refund could take up to 45 days to post on our credit card. On another cruise not cancelled, I cancelled and repurchased a spa treatment because it went on sale. I was immediately charged the new lower price but as yet, have not received the refund for the cancelled one.

Our May 27 cruise was canceled. We received an email from the online travel agency on April 21 asking If we wanted a 100% refund or a 125% future cruise credit. We chose the 100% refund. The full amount of the cruise was credited back to our American Express card on April 28. So our refund took 7 days from the time we requested it until it was posted to our credit card.