QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

44 minutes ago, techteach said:

YouTube has a new post showing QM2 going into Rotterdam on the August 17. Really fun. I’ll post the link if I can find it. Look for the post by Theo Doeve.

6 minutes ago, techteach said:

@bluemarble Did you find it blue marble? DH and I have been binging on QM2 Youtube videos in anticipation of The Crossing. Now it is time for bed. Grandkids tomorrow. Hope you find it and EnJoy.

Excellent! Yes, I found it. Here's the link to that YouTube video. I had no idea it's been ten years since QM2 last visited Rotterdam (give take a month or two anyway). My records indicate QM2 last called at Rotterdam on October 11, 2012.

• Like 1

Another day, another visit to Hamburg. It's a foggy morning which adds an interesting twist to this view of QM2's arrival today. QM2 is starting to back into the Vorhafen harbor entrance from the Elbe which leads to Cruise Center Steinwerder.

Once again this is a capture from the Skyline Webcams Port of Hamburg Live cam found at "www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/deutschland/hamburg/hamburg/hamburg-hafen.html".

695594511_QM2HamburgArrival2022-08-19.thumb.jpg.d3bd2ffe5ecfe1983d1cade2636244f9.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

Another day, another visit to Hamburg. It's a foggy morning which adds an interesting twist to this view of QM2's arrival today. QM2 is starting to back into the Vorhafen harbor entrance from the Elbe which leads to Cruise Center Steinwerder.

Once again this is a capture from the Skyline Webcams Port of Hamburg Live cam found at "www.skylinewebcams.com/en/webcam/deutschland/hamburg/hamburg/hamburg-hafen.html".

695594511_QM2HamburgArrival2022-08-19.thumb.jpg.d3bd2ffe5ecfe1983d1cade2636244f9.jpg

Queen Mary 2 will feature in the Blue Port Hamburg Light-up this evening.

https://www.hamburgcruisedays.de/en/bottom-slider-en/light-up-blue-port-hamburg/

• Like 1

Good show put on by the port of Hamburg and QM2 this evening! I was confused at first when I saw QM2 turn upstream after leaving Cruise Center Steinwerder. But then I remembered Blue Port Hamburg might be starting this evening and @Yaldi's post confirmed it. Here is a screen grab from one of the cameras Skyline Webcams use in their Port of Hamburg montage. It shows QM2 participating in the Blue Port Hamburg 2022 festivities during her sail away from Hamburg this evening.

986511919_QM2BluePortHamburg2022-08-19.thumb.jpg.c065cc9fa666ab5896ba4f81596ba879.jpg

• Like 5

QM2 and QV are both in Southampton today. I believe this is the first time QV has been in port with another of the Cunard ships since she was serving as a support ship in the Caribbean. We won't have to wait long for that to happen again though since QM2 and QV are both are scheduled to be back in Southampton in a fortnight on September 4th.

This view shows both ships arriving this morning with QM2 in the lead as seen on the Netley Cam stream of the Solent Ships YouTube channel.

1776973630_QM2QVSouthamptonArrival2022-08-21.thumb.jpg.62d0b627fa6072a67ef34dfd4e96f19b.jpg

• Like 3

17 hours ago, LeCommandant said:

Approx 2051 passengers this week onboard QM2 to New York 😉

Including me! Somewhere around 75-80% of capacity, which feels about right - there are empty places and whole empty tables at the 1800 dinner sitting, which I don’t remember from before.

They’ve replaced some of the larger tables with more for couples and groups of four, no doubt reflecting the changes in behaviour since the pandemic, and so it isn’t as easy to find yourself on a large convivial table with fewer willing to mix like that.  I asked for a 8 or 10-seater and find myself one out of five people sitting on a table for six.

The kennels however are as full as ever!

• Like 1

Here's a webcam capture showing QM2's arrival at New York this morning. This is another view showing QM2 making the turn to back into the berth at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal. This time it's about an hour before sunrise. The Statue of Liberty adds an extra touch to the scene. This is a capture from the "New York City Harbor, Waterfront Museum, Brooklyn NY USA" stream on StreamTime Live's YouTube channel.

630216976_QM2NewYorkArrival2022-08-28.thumb.jpg.b45ba86ead7095fea4fd7e90e0ec570f.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

QM2 is in Skjolden, Norway today. She is there as a replacement for the originally scheduled call at Flaam. Since this is the first time QM2 has called at Skjolden, I think it's worth posting this webcam view found on the Skjolden Tourist Information site at "skjolden.com/en/webkamera/".

773565185_BildeFjorden(QM2).jpg.ad5f181ab32f2c900cb726c0aa80e373.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

Screenshot of QM2 Arriving in NYC early 2022-09-23, doing the turnaround with Statue of Liberty in view.

QM2_arriving_NYC_2022-09-23.thumb.png.c7af859075c65b75f97cbff6a24dac36.png

Check out the StreamTime Live Youtube live webstream within 24 hours of arrival
and you can rewind to the arrival.  A nice way to enjoy a morning cup of coffee on a morning when QM2 arrives.

Thanks to StreamTime Live and the Waterfront Museum for the stream.

• Like 2

QM2 is in Québec today and is scheduled to be there for the next two days as well. Here is a capture from the webcam found on the Port de Québec website "portquebec.ca" showing QM2's arrival this morning. The other cruise ship in this view is P&O Aurora. I am posting this image with the kind permission of the Port de Québec.

583467551_QM2QuebecArrival2022-09-29.thumb.jpg.01fd245d05533bf21b5185fa771c747b.jpg

• Like 4

Queen Mary 2 in Québec today 29th September 2022!

image.thumb.jpeg.ccb51d8f61b8b856f78dc22a7ebc206e.jpeg

On the background we can see the Château Frontenac, the most famous hotel in Québec. 

image.thumb.jpeg.9593dd96eeee0c4169924928bf961742.jpeg

And a video to show you the nice atmosphere in Québec today. 

Edited by LeCommandant
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, LeCommandant said:

@bluemarbledo you know the departure time of the QM2 tomorrow ?

QM2 is scheduled to depart Québec on Saturday, October 1st at 17:00. She will be in Québec all day tomorrow Friday, September 30th. This is a three day (two night) stay in Québec for QM2.

Edited by bluemarble

• 1 month later...

QM2 is in Bergen today. Here's a view from Mount Fløyen this morning courtesy of Fløibanen AS. I posted a couple similar images on the Queen Victoria current location thread in July. Now it's QM2's turn. It's a rainy day in Bergen but at least the clouds haven't socked in this view from Mount Fløyen (yet).

1587926431_QM2Bergen2022-11-04.thumb.jpg.c6eb54ba1fb6a671302302f856e82c66.jpg

• Like 3

QM2 is in Tromsø today and is scheduled to be there until very early Tuesday morning. There is a distant view of her on the webcam for the "Vervet Live" YouTube channel. I have not received a response from the folks at vervet.no to several requests over several weeks seeking permission to post an image from their webcam, so I'll post a link to it instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKpPfH8u3GI

Edit to add: For the next few hours, rewind to around 11:40 if you'd like to watch QM2's arrival from the distance.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

QM2 is in Trondheim today. Here is a capture this morning from the Turistskipskaia webcam found on the Trondheim Port Authority's website (trondheimhavn.no). I am posting this courtesy of the Trondheim Port Authority.

1232098161_QM2Trondheim2022-11-09.thumb.jpg.ed48945f7414bc8ccfd89e74ce98d009.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...