QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

On 8/24/2021 at 4:56 PM, Bigmike911 said:

According to Solentships.com QM2 is in Southampton today and will sail tomorrow for Brest (France, I presume). In Brest there is the Damen Ship repair. They have a drydock that is 420 x80 M which would handle the queen. They also say that drydock has a max depth of 10.1m and QM2 is suppose to have a draft of 10.2. I guess the could lighten her up a bit with less fuel and water. 

It will be good to see her getting gussied up a bit. In her comings and goings from Southampton, when I have watched her on the You Tube Solent ships channel, she is in serious need of paint, at least. 

By the way Solentship has been very accurate about comings and going from Southampton

ETA Brest pilot 0430 local 27th Sept

18 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Not sure if this was close enough for a wave, the other blue ship is Queen ElizabethScreenshot_20210826-140817.thumb.png.08853bd96f90a6a9c6b10fc2b41f9d93.png

Yeah, QM2 altered course heading south shortly after my previous post. I figure QM2 and QE only got within about 16 NM of each other.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

Cruisemapper is showing Queen Mary in a drydock in Brest. Looking at the satellite image on Google maps and the web cam from QM2 it appears to be the right hand or southern drydock at Dammen Ship Repair Brest. Hopefully she is getting the tender loving care she seriously needs. 

• 1 month later...

We have a new stream to watch ships on Southampton Water. Here is what QM2 looked like earlier this afternoon at the QEII terminal as seen on the new "Netley Cam" stream of the "Ahoy Shipmate" YouTube channel. It looks like this camera may be positioned most of the time to watch ships as they pass Fawley but it may also pan and zoom to follow cruise ships as they arrive and depart Southampton.

1469893751_QM2Southampton2021-10-2513_00_00.thumb.jpg.a074bd275bb416afcec768a2d04d6cb5.jpg

• Like 3

Here's a view of QM2 arriving in Southampton this morning captured from the Netley Cam stream of the Ahoy Shipmate YouTube channel. Southampton VTS shows she is planning to be in Southampton for a week this time with departure currently scheduled for 09-Nov-21 18:00.

208173439_QM2SouthamptonArrival2021-11-02.thumb.jpg.ce001a7b70eb6b02739aecc81b8cc78d.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, IB2 said:

QM2 is now in Southampton and doesn’t appear to be due to leave until the end of next week.

Not sure what to make of what QM2 might be doing tomorrow.

The Southampton VTS Cruise Ship Schedule has QM2 listed at the Mayflower terminal until "22-Nov-21 PM" and then another entry also has her at the Mayflower terminal from "22-Nov-21 PM" until "26-Nov-21 PM".

The Planned Movements page has QM2 moving from the Mayflower terminal to the Mayflower terminal on "22-Nov-21 PM", port side to the quay in both instances.

I've learned what QM2 will be up to this evening. Southampton VTS has been showing her moving from berth 106 to berth 106, now showing 21:00 for the time, a bit over an hour from now. That's had me wondering since I mentioned it here yesterday. I've been informed that will be to allow for the rehanging and/or removing of lifeboats for servicing or repair.

This shakedown "cruise" won't actually be going anywhere though since QM2 will be docked at the Mayflower terminal until Friday evening. My guess is they are probably concentrating on procedures related to training more than testing mechanical systems today.

Edited by bluemarble