QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

• 3 months later...

I notice the QM2 is currently in Southampton for a week 9-17th February.  According to the cruise ship schedule she'll be moving from berth 38/9 to berth 104 (fruit terminal) later today. Bunkering this morning.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ray66 said:

I notice the QM2 is currently in Southampton for a week 9-17th February.  According to the cruise ship schedule she'll be moving from berth 38/9 to berth 104 (fruit terminal) later today. Bunkering this morning.

She (and Victoria) were scheduled to leave Saturday afternoon, but this has clearly very recently changed.

Two for the price of one today on webcam images showing Cunard ship departures from Southampton today.

Both of these are captures from the Solent View webcam at "isleofwightwebcams.co.uk" first showing QM2 and then QV at Ryde. They were captured within 16 minutes of each other this afternoon.

31130377_QM2Ryde2021-02-15.jpg.20ff5946a9145120e0c38a2ffc18cfb1.jpg

1371194784_QVRyde2021-02-15.jpg.3a1153fb21f0cf06c664b463ef83092c.jpg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Two for the price of one today on webcam images showing Cunard ship departures from Southampton today.

Both of these are captures from the Solent View webcam at "isleofwightwebcams.co.uk" first showing QM2 and then QV at Ryde. They were captured within 16 minutes of each other this afternoon.

31130377_QM2Ryde2021-02-15.jpg.20ff5946a9145120e0c38a2ffc18cfb1.jpg

If you look very carefully on the shoreline just behind Queen Mary 2's stern you can spot Solent Richard taking this photograph from the opposite angle...

1591342592_QM2fromGilkicker215Feb2021.jpg.54cb5a8f036a82b1d01a029cc3612827.jpg

😁😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They both got away from Southampton ahead of schedule today 

Whether we’ll see them from the island will be touch and go; there’s a low cloud base, and a degree of fog and murk offshore.

Edited by IB2

For our friends in Canada, you may be as surprised as I was to learn QM2 is currently in Saguenay, Quebec, or more precisely, La Baie, Quebec.

OK, let me explain. The marinetraffic website is reporting QM2's current port as "CA LBA / De Ville de La Baie" in Quebec, Canada. But it is also reporting her correct location as "Baie de Seine" off the coast of France.

Similar to when marinetraffic was misinterpreting QV's destination of Lyme Bay as meaning Lyme, Connecticut a few months ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here are a couple captures of QM2 in Southampton today from the "Port Cam" live stream on the "Solent Ships" youtube channel, at "www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3m8y8fegwY"

The first shows QM2's arrival this morning.

210425360_QM2Southampton2021-04-0206_52_20.thumb.jpg.df5d27c7aec2c27e58f30a8022918bd5.jpg

The second shows a close-up of QM2 shining in the late afternoon sun.

2083306529_QM2Southampton2021-04-0218_06_40.thumb.jpg.2f4661be8298da2bfd0877d49c0fc8aa.jpg

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ray66 said:

Thanks, I didn't even know the QM2 was in Southampton today. I guess the webcam pictures have frozen again.

Yes, I'm afraid all three of the Cunard bridge webcam images have been frozen for a few days now. According to Southampton VTS, QM2 is scheduled to depart 18:00 tomorrow.

QM2's scheduled departure from Southampton today has been moved up to 16:45.

The "Solent Ships" youtube channel is planning a "Queen Mary 2 Live" stream of her departure. That stream can be found at "www.youtube.com/watch?v=mynd_3kcVt4" if anyone in interested in following along. I'll be watching.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I just realised, today is the day I was supposed to be arriving in NYC after my now-cancelled westbound TA.

So the QM2 is due out of Southampton this evening and will sail by my window, hopefully before it gets dark, as a reminder of what might have been...

• Like 1

Like others, I have been watching the Queens as they depart Southampton on their regular visits for supplies and refueling on the You Tube Solent Ships channel. Today Queen Victoria is alongside pier 107 and will depart tomorrow at 12:00 hours. 

Yesterday Queen Elizabeth was alongside the Queen Elizabeth Terminal and departed at 20:00 hours. 

Last Weekend, Queen Mary was alongside pier 107 and departed Sunday evening.

The Solent Ships channel has a link to Solentships.com which has a live map of all vessels in the Solent. The passenger vessels are the dark blue circles, click on them and the name of the ship will be displayed and clicking more will tell you more about the comings and goings.