QM2 location (Merged threads)

speedwell

1 hour ago, bluemarble said:

Pretty good close-up of QM2 on the Port Everglades Webcam at the moment. Perhaps worth posting another image since it has been a while since QM2 has visited Fort Lauderdale. January 20, 2016 was her last visit here according to my records. Will indeed be watching her departure this evening.

43085336_QM2PortEverglades2022-03-30.thumb.jpg.7db267b6e903f5f215fd0d31e4d975ad.jpg

And thank you for capturing the PTZ copyright logo in your screen shot.

Roy

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

And thank you for capturing the PTZ copyright logo in your screen shot.

Roy

My bad for not including a link to the webcam in my previous post. I mentioned the name of the webcam but did not provide a link. I did know that's in the terms and conditions for posting static images obtained from PTZtv on messages boards such as Cruise Critic but I overlooked it this time. I will rectify that situation now.

The link to the Port Everglades Webcam is

https://www.portevergladeswebcam.com/

As many of you may have noticed I make sure to read website terms and conditions and/or request permission before posting webcam images to prevent copyright infringement.

Edit to add: After rereading the PTZtv terms and conditions, they only require retaining the copyright watermark when posting images on Cruise Critic. Providing the link to the website is part of the terms and conditions for other services such as Facebook. My bad for causing any confusion about the PTZtv's terms and conditions for posting images on Cruise Critic. I managed to confuse myself in the process! Still more than happy to provide the link to their website in any event.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Starboardhome said:

Aboard QM2 right now. All aboard time is 18:30 so 19:00 departure is likely correct. Had no idea this was the first time in Port Everglades since Jan 20 2016. Coincidently we were aboard her on that occasion en-route to Rio. 

Where are you sailing to?

Thank you

1 hour ago, Starboardhome said:

Aboard QM2 right now. All aboard time is 18:30 so 19:00 departure is likely correct. Had no idea this was the first time in Port Everglades since Jan 20 2016. Coincidently we were aboard her on that occasion en-route to Rio. 

Answered my own question. Southern Caribbean cruise for you for about 14 more days. Have a wonderful trip.

25 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

I am glued to the computer screen watching QM2 back up and then turn to depart to the channel from Everglades.

Wonderful to watch. I have sailed on the S S France then the S S Norway. And the QM2 and I am a ship nut.

I think I want to be standing on my verandah in the sunshine with a glass of wine and dreaming of a wonderful dinner. (Reality: It is hailing so hard I can’t see the hill a quarter of a mile from here. But, I DO have a nice glass of Cabernet and pizza is on the way)

15 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Just watched her sail out of Fort Lauderdale. What a beautiful sight. We will be on her 7/1/22.

Vette Princess, I too was watching the Queens departure from Port Everglades yesterday. Not only were the horn blasts magnificent, but seeing her decks crowded with passengers and crew was probably the best tonic a covid weary audience could imagine. 

It's also very nice to hear from you after all this time, and I do understand completely why you stopped posting on the other thread. I wish you well and look forward to seeing more of your posts. 

Edited by Bigmike911

16 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Just watched her sail out of Fort Lauderdale. What a beautiful sight. We will be on her 7/1/22.

Perhaps we'll meet then.  I JUST missed her sailaway to be on time for our Maundy Thursday service.

Roy

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Vette Princess, I too was watching the Queens departure from Port Everglades yesterday. Not only were the horn blasts magnificent, but seeing her decks crowded with passengers and crew was probably the best tonic a covid weary audience could imagine. 

It's also very nice to hear from you after all this time, and I do understand completely why you stopped posting on the other thread. I wish you well and look forward to seeing more of your posts. 

How nice to hear from you. We also watched her in Fort Lauderdale a couple of weeks ago. I even called Cunard to find out why. Of course the world cruise had to be canceled so they were doing some Caribbean itineraries.

If I remember correctly you do some gardening or tree planting? This am it was 21 degrees so a late spring=a shorter growing season.

We have done 3 cruises since Nov. How about you? We have the QM2 scheduled and then a Royal Caribbean one in Dec.

Have a Happy Healthy Easter from the artic tundra up here!

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a different perspective of QM2's departure from Southampton this evening as she's rounding Calshot Spit heading toward Cowes. The other cruise ship in this image is Spirit of Adventure. The smaller ship toward the stern of QM2 is a tanker named LS Jamie. This is a long distance shot captured from the Netley Cam stream of the Solent Ships YouTube channel.

739703147_QM2SouthamptonDeparture2022-04-24.thumb.jpg.2f8bd0d8f6c2935025dd2f9ff14a3340.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Ray66 said:

QM2 was in Southampton today and the BBC website says there was a flypast over the ship  of a WW2 plane to mark VE Day. The ship is sailing with over 100 memorial wreaths on board.

Short video:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-hampshire-61373038

Slightly longer version of that same story here including a quote from Captain Hashmi. Same video.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-61370296

Interesting that NCL Getaway is more visible in the video than QM2 but wasn't mentioned.

• Like 2