125% for canceled cruise how is it calculated

bogofman

Today we got our email with the amount we will get for a future cruise in compensation for our cancelled cruise, 

It's not 25% more than we paid for our cruise, but around £300 less,

Does anyone know how it's calculated, are they not including taxes and fees

8 minutes ago, bogofman said:

Today we got our email with the amount we will get for a future cruise in compensation for our cancelled cruise, 

It's not 25% more than we paid for our cruise, but around £300 less,

Does anyone know how it's calculated, are they not including taxes and fees

It's on the base cruise rate, which does not include taxes and port fees.  I'm still waiting on mine, but calculated the 125% on just the fare.  It's possible the deposit may not be included, if the deposit is refunded but I'm not expecting my deposit to be refunded (just the port fees/taxes).

Which cruise line?

Sue/WDW1972

58 minutes ago, wdw1972 said:

It's on the base cruise rate, which does not include taxes and port fees.  I'm still waiting on mine, but calculated the 125% on just the fare.  It's possible the deposit may not be included, if the deposit is refunded but I'm not expecting my deposit to be refunded (just the port fees/taxes).

Which cruise line?

Sue/WDW1972

Perhaps you should've asked "which cruise line" first.

Some cruise lines do not disaggregate their bottom line cruise cost. The port fees/taxes/ are part of the "base" cabin price. In those cases,  125% of the cruise fare includes those taxes fees. 

How do I know? I recently received FCCs for two different cruise on our preferred line and the calculation was based on the total "cruise fare paid" (I.e., deposit and final pay, which included port fees and taxes).

• Like 1

Note also that OP states '£300 less'.  £ sign suggest UK, so different price calculations.  UK/EU Prices legally must include port fees and taxes in the cruise price.

(Then again it could have been a misprint or 'fat finger syndrome' 😉)

Edited by VMax1700

I think as the OP is apparently referencing a UK booking, they should contact whomever they placed the booking with to get the actual amount that would be issued as an FCC as there are different booking policies in place for UK bookings versus those made in the US. 

It is my understanding, for instance, that deposits made for UK bookings are non-refundable, which may play into the actual base fare paid that is used to calculate the 125% FCC. I would not expect that port fess and taxes would not be included, but there may be other factors that are not applied to US bookings that may be in consideration with UK bookings that could affect the actual FCC value.

Again, in order to get an accurate calculation of what to expect with their FCC, I would suggest that the OP should contact the cruise line in question or the agent who was involved in the original booking.

Oops that is why I could not find the post it went here and not in celebrity forum.

I did tge calculation minus the taxes and fees and added 25% and it comes to the price celebrity have quoted,

I am me they will send the taxes and fees back to us?

It makes sense nit to include in the future credit, since the next crusse will have different taxes and fees

1 hour ago, bogofman said:

Oops that is why I could not find the post it went here and not in celebrity forum.

I did tge calculation minus the taxes and fees and added 25% and it comes to the price celebrity have quoted,

I am me they will send the taxes and fees back to us?

It makes sense nit to include in the future credit, since the next crusse will have different taxes and fees

Taxes and fees - along with any other separate pre-cruise purchase - will be refunded directly to the credit card that was used for the original booking.  This typically takes 30 - 45 days, and more likely the 45 day timeframe due to the current cancellation situation.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

It may be other lines as well, but I think the OP is referring to Cunard as this applies to us, as well.  We were scheduled to come home T/A on The QM2 in July.  The sailing was canx.  We were offered either a 100% refund of our deposit  or 125% credit toward any future Cunard sailing.  As we did not make the final payment, (only the deposit)  I also am curious as to what the 125% credit applies to.  As we were advised directly by Cunard, and our agent and the entire office is on furlough ,  I'm sure she will be able to explain once they reopen.  As we plan to do what was this year's trip, next year, I can wait until we can talk with our agent about the details.

1 hour ago, marco said:

It may be other lines as well, but I think the OP is referring to Cunard as this applies to us, as well.  We were scheduled to come home T/A on The QM2 in July.  The sailing was canx.  We were offered either a 100% refund of our deposit  or 125% credit toward any future Cunard sailing.  As we did not make the final payment, (only the deposit)  I also am curious as to what the 125% credit applies to.  As we were advised directly by Cunard, and our agent and the entire office is on furlough ,  I'm sure she will be able to explain once they reopen.  As we plan to do what was this year's trip, next year, I can wait until we can talk with our agent about the details.

From Cunard:

Future Cruise Credits

All guests with a voyage booked between March 16, 2020 and including July 31, 2020 on Queen Mary 2 or Queen Victoria and September 8, 2020 on Queen Elizabeth will automatically receive a 125% Future Cruise Credit (FCC) of the cruise fare or deposit. The FCC can be redeemed on any voyage sailing before the end of March 2022 with a booking made by the end of December 2021.

Typically the refund will be placed on whatever credit card was used to make the booking and will be based on the amount actually paid.  This automatic refund will likely take 30+ days to be processed.  

Most cruise lines have their employees working from home so if this is the case with Cunard, you should still be able to reach someone for questions.

Edited by leaveitallbehind