List of Carnival ships- newest to oldest?

glentally

I always just go look up Carnival Cruise Lines on Wikipedia - the fleet is listed there chronologically and it also lists former ships, some scrapped and some sold to other lines. But in short, the oldest ships are all eight Fantasy class, with Carnival Fantasy being the oldest, followed (not quite in this order) by Ecstasy, Sensation, Imagination, Inspiration, Fascination, Elation, Paradise all built before 2000, and the Vista Class being the newest, Panorama, Horizon, Vista.  The Sunshine Class is listed as new, Sunshine, Sunrise, and Radiance, but they are all actually 20 year old ships refurbished and renamed. Breeze Class, Breeze, Magic, and Dream, are actually next newest after Vista Class and just a few tons smaller.

9 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

I think the dates they use for the Sunshine class ships are very misleading, even if there is an asterisk by their names. People familiar with Carnival, which includes a significant portion of people here on CC, know these ships were all originally Destiny class ships. However, I have read numerous comments online from people who thought they were booking a cruise on a new ship when they booked a cruise on Radiance or Sunrise. 

• Like 2

My problem is none of the lists provided go back before the Fantasy class ships in 1990. I know I cruised before then. I've sailed on the Jubilee, Festivale, Imagination, Celebration, Fascination, and Legend.

2 hours ago, ScubaKat said:

My problem is none of the lists provided go back before the Fantasy class ships in 1990. I know I cruised before then. I've sailed on the Jubilee, Festivale, Imagination, Celebration, Fascination, and Legend.

Legend is not before Fantasy class..   Wikipedia will show you the whole lineage.  

Edited by jimbo5544

3 hours ago, ScubaKat said:

Jubilee and Celebration are Holiday class - so don't forget Holiday, built in 1985! 😀  I loved that little ship and was sad to see her go (sailed on her final Carnival cruise) after enjoying cruising on her multiple times.