I am confused. Does anyone know?

Depending on where I look, I either need my Doctor’s permission to sail or I don’t.  Was the need for a doctor’s note for people over 70 dropped, or will I still need a note?  I can just hear my doctor saying, “ If you loose 20 lbs maybe”. Or at your age you could have hidden heart disease. I think doctors would be reluctant to sign off, because they might be held responsible, by the cruise line, if someone had a problem. Btw, my soon to be 95 year old father had quadruple bypass surgery in 2004, and has been on at least 10 cruises since then. (Got sick only once - developed bronchitis after roaming around Mayan ruins in the rainforest. Dr. On ship gave him Tussin and nebulized him twice and that was all he needed.)

1 minute ago, Mapleleafforever said:

It is currently not a requirement to sail. Mind you, there are currently no sailings. No one knows for certain yet what the future will bring in terms of requirements. 

Where is is written by Royal?

Just now, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Just found it. It was April 29th. You are correct. No doctor's note when sailing resumes.

Problem is, when will sailing resume and will there be a note requirement at that time? No one knows either for certain yet. 

25 minutes ago, Heymarco said:

I can’t quote source on this site but you can Google it....

Royal Caribbean Senior Vice President of Sales and Trade Support & Service Vicki Freed spoke at the beginning of her webinar by addressing the need for a letter from a doctor for guests who are 70 years old or older, or have a pre-existing chronic medical condition.

"We found out that CLIA (Cruise Lines International Association) did actually change this requirement on April 3rd. So a health form is no longer required for those travelers ages 70 plus, nor are there restrictions for those guests with underlying health conditions."

"In our current environment, everything can change at a moment's notice, so this is very fluid. But as of today, there are no requirements for doctor's notes."

"We are working on our return to service protocols, and they may look very different in the next couple weeks or months. Until that's finalized, we can't say for sure this is never going to happen, but we will keep you informed."

This is exactly why I have a land vacation reserved at the same time as my April 2021 cruise. With a refundable deposit of course as a back up.