Debbie Downer

Woodfaerie

Totally understand, as that was exactly our thinking for our April 5 & 11 B2B. We were able to go from an inside to a balcony for only $60 more pp. but then the whole thing got cancelled. I say call Carnival and try to get a good deal on an upgrade. I am in an inside cabin for my January 14 day Journey cruise. I cannot afford balcony cabins on my retirement budget unless they are offered as cheaply as that April one. I called my PVP, and she confirmed that it would bring my cost up $2000. No way will I do that. So, we will wait this out and see how cruising plays out with the months leading up to ours. 

59 minutes ago, crusinpsychRN said:

"OP I can barely read that type to figure out what you are asking.  Would be so much easier to read if you didnt use light color script."

Please, can't read it.

I agree. I had a very difficult time reading it.

As for the original topic I did the exact same thing OP under the exact same logic. Even though I had an obstructed balcony, I ended up changing it to an aft-extended that opened up. Cost was only $90pp more so wasn't a bad price IMO. I wouldn't have considered a suite as it was $700pp more. 

While being stuck on the ship for longer was a concern, my actual thought process was more if it ended up being a cruise to nowhere or worse...making me go to the Bahamas! Figured hey at least I would have a bit more room with the better balcony! Unless one of the Premium Balconies opens up, alas I won't be going to a suite cause $4000 for a 7 day cruise for 2 is just.. nah. I keep hoping though! There was a 9B open for 1 day almost 2 weeks ago, at that point someone put a hold on it. You can still go through the booking and it has the option to click where it is, but says there really are no rooms available. Now I can understand even the 96 hr hold that was available last week, but we are talking 2 weeks now which is crazy talk that I can only assume the hold cancels and the person just puts it back on hold... 

7 hours ago, crusinpsychRN said:

"OP I can barely read that type to figure out what you are asking.  Would be so much easier to read if you didnt use light color script."

Please, can't read it.

Post #9 OP Thanked someone for pointing it out, they weren't aware. 

• Like 1

I am the OP.  thank you to all who mentioned the difficulty with reading my post with  the font and color.  I did repost in good old black and white early on in the post but it seems like a whole lotta people didn't see that.  I am guilty of  trying to bring in some flare with  color but that font?  No idea why it shows up like that.  I am not a script kind of girl believe me.

Everyone's feed back is greatly appreciated regarding preparation/paranoia on an unlikely but possible scenario.  Am I going to upgrade from my porthole to a balcony?  Yup ~ if the price drops!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Woodfaerie said:

I am the OP.  thank you to all who mentioned the difficulty with reading my post with  the font and color.  I did repost in good old black and white early on in the post but it seems like a whole lotta people didn't see that.  I am guilty of  trying to bring in some flare with  color but that font?  No idea why it shows up like that.  I am not a script kind of girl believe me.

Everyone's feed back is greatly appreciated regarding preparation/paranoia on an unlikely but possible scenario.  Am I going to upgrade from my porthole to a balcony?  Yup ~ if the price drops!

At this point, the price for a balcony is way out of my retirement budget, but I do absolutely want one for my January cruise as a “just in case” scenario if quarantined. I’m going to wait until I start receiving some good upgrade offers, and then jump on it, but it may not be in a preferred location, as my ship is nearly full right now, believe it or not.