Alaska Lift and Shift

So i want to L&S our Alaska cruise on August 30 2020, 7 days, Owners stateroom departing from Vancouver to a Alaska cruise on Sept 3,2021, 7 days, Owners stateroom from Seattle and yes a different ship. Is this allowed and can it be done??? Itinerary type is the same, length is the same, stateroom is the same? 

20 minutes ago, old man 1010 said:

Is this allowed and can it be done??? Itinerary type is the same, length is the same, stateroom is the same? 

By a lay person's reading of the rules yes and yes, but only RCI can confirm it. Don't wait too long, the next set of cancellations may include your sailing and L&S might not be an option then.

Edited by Biker19

11 minutes ago, old man 1010 said:

thanks i have a request in to my TA but she saying it cant be done? Has anyone made this type change? I think she wrong.

The problem could be switching embarkation ports. We did a L&S yesterday for a transatlantic Allure to Harmony.  Allure will not be doing a TA next year and Harmony was the only choice from Barcelona.  

I know the different ship would be allowed.  We were going to L&S from Sept.2020 Ovation to Sept. 2021 Quantum and they would have done that but we wanted to change the room category from a Grand Loft to Royal Loft (because there would be 5 of us) and that did not work. 

I tried to change my August 27, 2020 cruise on the Ovation to its September 3, 2021 sailing. A representative said I could not change it to that date because the September 3, 2021 sailing was over Labor Day, and the August 27, 2020 was not over this holiday. 

2 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

I have been told by Royal agents it must be the same class of ships, is this true?

No and it clearly states that in their FAQ's

31. Understanding that the same itinerary, stateroom category, sailing length, and timeframe are a requirement, is it essential that my client rebook on the same ship as well?

No, it is not required that your client rebook on the same ship or ship class.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, old man 1010 said:

So i want to L&S our Alaska cruise on August 30 2020, 7 days, Owners stateroom departing from Vancouver to a Alaska cruise on Sept 3,2021, 7 days, Owners stateroom from Seattle and yes a different ship. Is this allowed and can it be done??? Itinerary type is the same, length is the same, stateroom is the same? 

My client is confirmed on the Open Jaw Alaska itinerary onboard Radiance of the Seas departing August 21, 2020 and is interested in moving to the Roundtrip Alaska itinerary onboard Ovation of the Seas departing August 20, 2021. Does this qualify for Lift & Shift?

Assuming your client confirms the same stateroom category, yes, this scenario will qualify for Lift & Shift as the sailing length, itinerary type, and timing meet the required criteria

I think it's the room category that they are the most concerned about. I'm worried about this for me as I'm booked for July 31 in a studio balcony with no obstructed view. I looked at all the ships next summer with a similar itinerary that have the studio balconies and what's remaining are the ones that all have obstructed views =/ If my worst case scenario is having a partially obstructed view (I've looked at the videos on youtube), I guess I would take it since I got the cruise and a very low rate. I would have a life boat under me, but still be able to look at. 

I got my L&S for our Alaska cruise but it took 3 different TAs.... Now it appears Royal doesn't adjust the final payment date. My new invoice show payment due 5/22/20 when my cruise was L&S to 9/3/21!!! Anyone incurred this? Is the really correct? Or has my TA made a mistake?