Do Pre-Purchases Move If You Change Your Sail Date?

SNJCruisers

Recently purchased Cheers and Cruise Cash during the promotional time period a few weeks ago for our August 2021 Mardi Gras cruise.  If I decide to push back our cruise to August of 2022 once bookings open up, will the pre-purchases move with the cruise, or will it just be refunded and I would lose the promotional rate I was able to take advantage of.  Thanks.

I rebooked our cruise when it was cancelled.  I had purchased an excursion and it did not transfer (same ports as cancelled cruise).  They return your money to the same source as you paid for it.  I paid with a Carnival gift card and should receive my refund as a gift card I was told.

Edited by arby70

29 minutes ago, arby70 said:

I rebooked our cruise when it was cancelled.  I had purchased an excursion and it did not transfer (same ports as cancelled cruise).  They return your money to the same source as you paid for it.  I paid with a Carnival gift card and should receive my refund as a gift card I was told.

An excursion deals with a third party and the two items I purchased are in house.  I am assuming that it would be refunded, but I would obviously prefer it to transfer, giving me a lift and shift option with our August 2020 Oasis cruise to the time period of our Mardi Gras cruise.  If it will be refunded, I will leave it alone to take advantage of the savings I received.  I will then not make final payment on the Oasis cruise, get my deposit back and wait for the Anthem to cruise out of Bayonne in August of 2022.

4 hours ago, BlerkOne said:

I bet it is refunded (in about 90+ days) and you lose any promotion. It would be a new booking number.

Actually I changed two cruises last year and the booking number stayed the same on both of them. They did refund my cheers and internet. The cruise lengths changed so those prices would’ve been different with the new cruises.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 1

Thanks for all of your responses.   It would be a 7 day for 7 day Mardi Gras sailing switching from August 2021 to August 2022. But I don't want to lose the 20% discount on my cruise cash and Cheers purchases so I'll  be leaving things as they are.