Final Payment Extension?

overlake7

While checking my November 28,  2020 booking to see if my FCC have been added I noticed the final payment date is listed as September 29th. This is only 2 months prior to sailing, has the policy been changed or is this some type of internet glitch?

13 minutes ago, overlake7 said:

While checking my November 28,  2020 booking to see if my FCC have been added I noticed the final payment date is listed as September 29th. This is only 2 months prior to sailing, has the policy been changed or is this some type of internet glitch?

They have moved final payment date for many of the fall cruises.  The cancellation penalty date has not changed.  We have a November cruise as well and will use the cancellation penalty date as final payment date.  If HAL does not announce a restart plan we will cancel.

8 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

They have moved final payment date for many of the fall cruises.  The cancellation penalty date has not changed.  We have a November cruise as well and will use the cancellation penalty date as final payment date.  If HAL does not announce a restart plan we will cancel.

I read this in an earlier thread and would like clarification. I think what you are saying is that you can wait until the new date when payment is due in full (e.g. 60 days instead of 90 days) -- BUT if you cancel at 60 days, you will still pay whatever the applicable penalty is for cancellation 60 days in advance. You won't get a full refund.

Of course, special cruises (Grands, World Cruise) are different, as are ex-US policies, but it looks like for most cruises if you cancel past 63 days pre-cruise, you will forfeit 50% of your fare, despite their offer to let you wait until 60 days out to pay.

ALL OTHER VOYAGES 7 NIGHTS OR LONGER (Summer 2020 through Summer 2021):
90-64 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;
63-43 days before commencing travel: 50% of gross fare;

Is that correct?  Has it been confirmed by anyone?  Seems very sneaky, if true...

22 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I read this in an earlier thread and would like clarification. I think what you are saying is that you can wait until the new date when payment is due in full (e.g. 60 days instead of 90 days) -- BUT if you cancel at 60 days, you will still pay whatever the applicable penalty is for cancellation 60 days in advance. You won't get a full refund.

Of course, special cruises (Grands, World Cruise) are different, as are ex-US policies, but it looks like for most cruises if you cancel past 63 days pre-cruise, you will forfeit 50% of your fare, despite their offer to let you wait until 60 days out to pay.

ALL OTHER VOYAGES 7 NIGHTS OR LONGER (Summer 2020 through Summer 2021):
90-64 days before commencing travel: an amount equal to deposit requirement;
63-43 days before commencing travel: 50% of gross fare;

Is that correct?  Has it been confirmed by anyone?  Seems very sneaky, if true...

I confirmed this with my PCC last week.  For us final payment date is September 9.  First penalty kicks in on August 9 of 99 per person.  September 6 it jumps to 50% cruise fare.  Since we have an aft corner cabin that is a sizable amount.  I agree very sneaky.

1 hour ago, Crazy For Cats said:

I confirmed this with my PCC last week.  For us final payment date is September 9.  First penalty kicks in on August 9 of 99 per person.  September 6 it jumps to 50% cruise fare.  Since we have an aft corner cabin that is a sizable amount.  I agree very sneaky.

I noticed this on a previous thread; it appears you will lose your deposit if you wait until the extended final pay day to pay (past the first penalty as mentioned). But, if you haven't paid them anything but the deposit, I guess you can't lose 50% of the fare? Or are they going to send a bill to you for 50%....🤔 

We had a July cruise that we cancelled with at the time only a small refundable deposit. The final payment date was originally in late April, but then moved a month until late May. Seeing the handwriting on the wall, we cancelled in early April.

If we had stayed with the cruise and then paid by the original date to avoid the penalty, when Princess cancelled in early May we would have been owed thousands instead of a few hundred dollars.

11 hours ago, PSR said:

I noticed this on a previous thread; it appears you will lose your deposit if you wait until the extended final pay day to pay (past the first penalty as mentioned). But, if you haven't paid them anything but the deposit, I guess you can't lose 50% of the fare? Or are they going to send a bill to you for 50%....🤔 

That’s what I was wondering.  Good luck getting the money at that point.  Typically HAL did not think that one through.