Havana vs Spa rooms- help me decide please!

RPB123

Sorry I have another question. I guess I don’t have much to do lately other than obsess over my upcoming cruises.

I have two cruises booked: 

🚢 Panorama 7 day Mexican Riviera Spring Break March 2021- 3 ports/ 3 sea days 

🚢 Horizon 7 day Eastern Caribbean Christmas Cruise Dec 2021- 4 ports/ 2 sea days 

I will be going on both cruises with a friend,  no kids. We are both single and in our late 30’s/40’s. We are looking to relax and have fun socializing. Dealing with packed pools and fighting over lounge chairs isn’t my idea of a good time. 

Right now I have a spa room on the Panorama and Havana on the Horizon. I’m wondering if I have that wrong, given that I only have two days at sea on the horizon. Maybe I should switch that around. 

Should I switch my spa balcony room on the Panorama to an interior Havana room so that we have relaxing pool days on the Mexican riviera cruise? I expect the cruise will be fairly packed (assuming no Covid issues 😬). Maybe the spa isn’t worth it. I had always wanted a spa room, but having seen how packed the main pool is the Havana area looks appealing. That said, we want to socialize. Would we be better off at the serenity area for that? I’d save about $400 by moving from our spa balcony to an interior Havana. 

For the Horizon Christmas cruise I’m not sure what to do either. There’s a chance I’ll be solo on this cruise if my friend can’t go. I was concerned about this cruise being super packed, but then I saw that there are only two sea days. Maybe the spa would be nice after some of those port days. 

Any thoughts? 

IMO,  The spas on the Vista and Horizon--and as a sister ship I would say the Panorama as well--are not the same type of spas as on the Dream class ships.  For privacy, less crowded pools, etc. Havana cabins win hands down.  Rebook a Havana for the Panorama.

11 hours ago, RPB123 said:

Okay, decided to switch to a Havana interior room for both cruises. There weren’t many left for the Panorama cruise so it made me a little nervous. 

Best thing you could do.  Was in a Horizon inside twice and loved it.  Both times in one of the two sideways ones that are available.  I think it was 5205.

7 hours ago, mnp75 said:

I've got a Havana interior booked on Mardi Gras for Spring Break next year! Spa balconies are great, never tried Havana mainly due to price. Can't wait!

On paper, the Mardi Gras Havana area can't compare to the 3 Vista Class ships.    Unfortunately the Havana area was an afterthought  since Carnival  was more concerned about their new suites area.  It's relegated to the side with no hot tubs instead of a great aft view with two giant hot tubs

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 11:13 AM, RPB123 said:

Sorry I have another question. I guess I don’t have much to do lately other than obsess over my upcoming cruises.

I have two cruises booked: 

🚢 Panorama 7 day Mexican Riviera Spring Break March 2021- 3 ports/ 3 sea days 

🚢 Horizon 7 day Eastern Caribbean Christmas Cruise Dec 2021- 4 ports/ 2 sea days 

I will be going on both cruises with a friend,  no kids. We are both single and in our late 30’s/40’s. We are looking to relax and have fun socializing. Dealing with packed pools and fighting over lounge chairs isn’t my idea of a good time. 

Right now I have a spa room on the Panorama and Havana on the Horizon. I’m wondering if I have that wrong, given that I only have two days at sea on the horizon. Maybe I should switch that around. 

Should I switch my spa balcony room on the Panorama to an interior Havana room so that we have relaxing pool days on the Mexican riviera cruise? I expect the cruise will be fairly packed (assuming no Covid issues 😬). Maybe the spa isn’t worth it. I had always wanted a spa room, but having seen how packed the main pool is the Havana area looks appealing. That said, we want to socialize. Would we be better off at the serenity area for that? I’d save about $400 by moving from our spa balcony to an interior Havana. 

For the Horizon Christmas cruise I’m not sure what to do either. There’s a chance I’ll be solo on this cruise if my friend can’t go. I was concerned about this cruise being super packed, but then I saw that there are only two sea days. Maybe the spa would be nice after some of those port days. 

Any thoughts? 

I have been in both and loved them. But unless you are really into the spa or they have a T-pool, I'd go with the Havana every time.  We were four women on the Vista last year and loved the Havana area.  No kids, no crowds, a dedicated bar.  Mostly people your age, I'd be hard pressed to ever pick another room other than Havana again.