NRD - What happens when you move to another cruise?

39august

I know the original NRD plan was that if you move the reservation, you are charged $100 per person for the change. We only have paid the reduced deposit of $100 per person as we booked while on board. It seems that since the covid epidemic X is not charging the $100 but is giving it back as FCC. How would that work since we have only paid $100 in the first place, please? Keep the deposit made and then require a full deposit to move to another cruise?  I would like to keep the OBC for booking on board so would prefer to move rather than just outright cancel. Can't "lift and shift" as the time frame doesn't work for us in"21.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

If you can keep the same booking # then your OBC for a onboard booking should stay.

Hi can you explain this ?  I have an October cruise booked that has OBC but I did not book this onboard, if I change my cruise but keep the same booking number will I get to keep  the OBC?

The OBC for booking on board stays with the booking # so if you keep the same # when you move the cruise the OBC stays.  If you have an OBC from a booking not made on another ship and you move the cruise with the same booking # you will get whatever the promotion is at the time you move.  Keeping the same # allows the deposit to be moved and if it is a NRD you will not have to pay the $100 pp change fee under the cruise with confidence rules.

18 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

The OBC for booking on board stays with the booking # so if you keep the same # when you move the cruise the OBC stays.  If you have an OBC from a booking not made on another ship and you move the cruise with the same booking # you will get whatever the promotion is at the time you move.  Keeping the same # allows the deposit to be moved and if it is a NRD you will not have to pay the $100 pp change fee under the cruise with confidence rules.

Understood thank you 

I hope  someone might be able to clarify a similar situation for me. We used an online agency  to book a cruise to Hawaii for this fall with a non-refundable deposit.  If I book a cruise with a very different itinerary and length for winter of 2022 at the same time that I drop this cruise, will the new cruise have the same booking number and will this prevent us from having to pay out of pocket for the deposit on the new cruise?  We paid nrf $450.  The new cruise is $250pp refundable  Has anyone cancelled a non-refundable cruise, and rebooked something different at the same time, and did you have to pay the new deposit and get fcc for the deposit on the original cruise?  

Thank you.

Cheryl

If you move the current cruise to the 2022 cruise with the same booking number you will not have to put down another deposit and will not be charged the $100 pp change fee. The deposit on the 2022 booking will still be NRD. 

If you cancel the current cruise and book a new one you will need a new deposit that will be refundable.  Once you receive the FCC you can apply it to the 2022 booking.

It used to be the rule that you couldn't change a NRD to refundable without a complete rebooking (new booking number), I was told this by a senior Future Cruise Manager who has been with Celebrity for years.  

This was backed up by an experience I had when repricing a cruise about 6 months ago.  I gave the Celebrity rep the refundable deposit rate I wanted with no perks.  Put me on hold and when he came back he confirmed a lower price.  Of course it was the NRD price.  He the moved it back to the correct price code (Price Rate).  When I received the invoice it still showed the NRD text.  He put it to a supervisor who then called me back the next day and said there is no way to correct the reservation but had noted on the reservation it was fully refundable deposit.  They also sent me a separate email to that effect.

Even if this is the case they should be able to just move your deposit to the new reservation.   Here's how I would approach it.   Just state that you want to move your current reservation to the new sailing.  Since you are booked with a TA let them handle it.  If they have to go through some convoluted process of cancel/rebook to accomplish it really should be of no concern (or inconvenience) to you and I wouldn't give them more deposit money.

Thank you for your responses.  I will try to get this worked out tomorrow. It has been a sad experience dismantling a cruise I was very excited about. I am hoping that by 2022, there will be effective covid treatments, and a reliable vaccine,and that I won't have to worry about cancelling travel plans.

Cheryl

10 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

It used to be the rule that you couldn't change a NRD to refundable without a complete rebooking (new booking number), I was told this by a senior Future Cruise Manager who has been with Celebrity for years.  

This was backed up by an experience I had when repricing a cruise about 6 months ago.  I gave the Celebrity rep the refundable deposit rate I wanted with no perks.  Put me on hold and when he came back he confirmed a lower price.  Of course it was the NRD price.  He the moved it back to the correct price code (Price Rate).  When I received the invoice it still showed the NRD text.  He put it to a supervisor who then called me back the next day and said there is no way to correct the reservation but had noted on the reservation it was fully refundable deposit.  They also sent me a separate email to that effect.

Even if this is the case they should be able to just move your deposit to the new reservation.   Here's how I would approach it.   Just state that you want to move your current reservation to the new sailing.  Since you are booked with a TA let them handle it.  If they have to go through some convoluted process of cancel/rebook to accomplish it really should be of no concern (or inconvenience) to you and I wouldn't give them more deposit money.

I'm thinking of moving my December cruise 2020 to December 2021.  Would final payment be due this year or next year?