Koningsdam Vernandah vs Vista Suite

calteacher

I have just booked a cruise for December 2021 and in looking at the HAL site, it seemed that a Vista Suite was larger than a Verandah.  However, now I realize  that is actually smaller even though it is more expensive.  Can anyone give me a rough idea of the sizes (the ones HAL lists can be anywhere within the parameters they give) of the actual cabin and of the verandah and/or the Vista Suite?  Any preferences if you have seen both cabins?

Thanks.  Just really planning ahead.

The size is very similar.  Not worth the cost difference.(IMO) In the Vista Suite, the bed is next to the balcony  and the sofa closer to the door. . .  Some people prefer one configuration over the other.  I have had both and consider it equal.  

What IS worth the difference is double days toward your Mariner status in the Vista Suite if you are close to a certain star level.  (Think 4 star - free laundry) 

All subject to personal opinion, of course! 

Have a blessed day!

Page

• Like 1

It’s hard to get an exact idea as the size includes the balcony.   We were on the Koningsdam this past fall and had a verandah.  It was very comfortable.  Our friends had a vista and it was definitely a bit bigger and the bed was placed closer to the window.  IMO unless it is a great deal I don’t think it is worth the difference in cost unless you really need the double mariner days.

Last year I had my eye on a Koningsdam cruise and talked to my PCC about the Vista versus the Verandah category.  She told me that the Vista Suite is technically larger but that there is wasted space you can’t use so it ends up being pretty much the same.

She and my friend who had been on also told me about the different layout for the Vista Suite which didn’t appeal so we booked a Verandah.

We normally book mid ship too but if you go just a smidge aft on deck 4 (I believe it’s called Beethoven) there are some huge balconies for some of the Verandah cabins.

if you check out halfacts dot com, you can get an idea, too.

Hope this helps.

We have done both verandahs and vistas on Koningsdam and unless there is very little price difference or you are desperate for a pair of mediocre binoculars to use, then stick with the verandah.

DH and I had a Verandah on the Koningsdam in January for a 10-day cruise and were very happy with it. We were closer to mid-ship, but some other passengers with Verandah cabins on the same deck 4 towards the forward were very unhappy because of the loud music every night they could hear in their cabin. We didn't experience it at all in our Verandah cabin, but I know we didn't enjoy the music venues themselves because they were way too loud and ear splitting.