Cruise Travel Insurance cover for future cruising

bbtablet

It may be worth rechecking cover for you if you are still looking for a policy?

Their email to us explicitly said that, as from this week, we were covered for cancellation due to Covid-19 if we contracted before travel on our current annual policy, this includes being turned away at point of departure.  This also includes pre existing conditions etc.

Before this week, they had excluded Covid-19 except for prior bookings, like everyone else.  Not sure if this is because the risk level has come down and Covid-19 is now more of a known entity?

7 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

Only up to age 70 with them.  We are both older than that.

The front page of the website currently says:

"Important Information: you must be a UK resident and aged 18-75 to purchase cover.  Your trip must start and end in the UK."

Not sure if that will help?

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

i had a look through quite a few and nobody covers for cancellation due to Covid that I can see, although they will cover you if you get it whilst away.

I believe Saga's new insurance does offer covid cancellation cover, that's if I am reading todays advert correctly.

1 hour ago, terrierjohn said:

I believe Saga's new insurance does offer covid cancellation cover, that's if I am reading todays advert correctly.

Yes.I have just read that which is good.We have been considering one of their cruises but have been put off booking because it is expensive and the thought of losing the money if you had to cancel because of covid has put us off.

Sorry for not getting back, yes it is CoverForYou and it says if you have to cancel due to the virus, or denied boarding, become ill on the holiday or have to come home because a close relative has passed away from it.