Brilliance aft balcony deck 9 or 10?

Do you hear a lot of noise from the windjammer outdoor seating above on deck 10,

or should we pick deck 9? I'm thinking I will hear a lot of chairs being dragged during

the day on the balcony. Maybe just answered my own question...LOL

Definitely hear scraping chairs above you on deck 10, and even early in the morning when they are cleaning.  If you are looking for suite...would have to be deck 10 though.  Regular balconies on deck 9.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, kelbell said:

Do you hear a lot of noise from the windjammer outdoor seating above on deck 10,

or should we pick deck 9? I'm thinking I will hear a lot of chairs being dragged during

Deck 9 for sure.  We have had deck 10 a few times and it was great BUT we did a lot of scraping of furniture as it was dragged across the floor in the early hours of the morning.  Given choice it would be deck 9.

39 minutes ago, RocCruisers said:

Vote for 10. We had friends 'drop in' for breakfast, which is pretty neat. The noise s minimal, and if you're hearing it too much, then you're staying in your cabin too much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Watching the whales breach in the ship's wake (like your avatar) was one of the big highlights of our Alaska cruise.  Best place to view?  Our aft cabin, having much desired corner aft cabin 9256 with that huge aft wrap balcony for our B2B on identical sister ship Radiance a few years ago.  Staying in our cabin...no...we stay on our balcony for the best view of Alaska, especially with not having to fight for a space on the railing visiting Hubbard Glacier.  😉 

WP_000119.jpg

Edited by island lady

15 minutes ago, kelbell said:

Thank you everyone, love the pic island lady!  I pick 9. Happy cruising everyone!

You are most welcome...and congrats on being able to book the much sought after Radiance class aft (wake) cabin!  

Little bit of a walk back and forth from there...but helps make up for that dessert after dinner.  😉 

On 5/31/2020 at 10:56 AM, kelbell said:

Some noise, not a bother, great rooms we always get one if available. In those rooms we spend a lot of time on the balcony, no real noise there, and enough room for friends and drinks.

3 hours ago, island lady said:

Watching the whales breach in the ship's wake (like your avatar) was one of the big highlights of our Alaska cruise.  Best place to view?  Our aft cabin, having much desired corner aft cabin 9256 with that huge aft wrap balcony for our B2B on identical sister ship Radiance a few years ago.  Staying in our cabin...no...we stay on our balcony for the best view of Alaska, especially with not having to fight for a space on the railing visiting Hubbard Glacier.  😉 

WP_000119.jpg

Thanks for the photo 🙂

But .... 😭

It's  my cabin for my soon to be cancelled Norway and Iceland cruise in August

2 hours ago, livylotte said:

Thanks for the photo 🙂

But .... 😭

It's  my cabin for my soon to be cancelled Norway and Iceland cruise in August

Oh total bummer...sorry about that, I feel your pain.  😞  Losing August GS B2B on Radiance Alaska, with announcement coming out tomorrow I am guessing.  

We have booked and (hopefully) get to keep 9256 on Serenade Aussie/NZ B2B in March next week.  

Edited by island lady

9 hours ago, RocCruisers said:

Vote for 10. We had friends 'drop in' for breakfast, which is pretty neat. The noise s minimal, and if you're hearing it too much, then you're staying in your cabin too much.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hearing noise of scraping chairs at 5am and rolling carts has been our experience. Not too many up and out at that time of the a.m. but the workers on deck 10. 

• Like 1