Divina 23nt Repo Med - Miami Jan 21 Cancelled and changed to 7nt Meraviglia

stuart2468

Just logged into my booking to see the 23 night repo cruise from Barcelona to Miami Has now been changed to a 7 night Meraviglia Caribbean Cruise. from the 09/01/21 till 16/01/21. I'm then supposed to find something else to do until my flight home on the 06/02/21.

No way MSC. This is not an acceptable alternative!

So on the dot I called MSC UK at 9.30am. A lovely lady told me not to worry. Divina repo has been cancelled but my booking just needed to be moved to a ship but it is not the definite cruise I'm changed to. She assured me they will get me as close to the original booking as is possible. 

I just have to be patient and await the offer they send me through. Fingers crossed

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stuart2468 said:

So on the dot I called MSC UK at 9.30am. A lovely lady told me not to worry. Divina repo has been cancelled but my booking just needed to be moved to a ship but it is not the definite cruise I'm changed to. She assured me they will get me as close to the original booking as is possible. 

I just have to be patient and await the offer they send me through. Fingers crossed

Well at least they put you on a curise, my Divina August 2021 has just disappeared and no news when they will start booking Divina at Port Canaveral.  I would love for them just to have moved my cruise to PC if it was the same time and length of cruise, otherwise just refund my deposit (speaking of which, still waiting for the cruise deposit I cancelled 4 months ago)

I understand these are strange and difficult times but it looks like  MSC has no plan, just musical chairs with no end in site.

Edited by xcell

1 hour ago, stuart2468 said:

Not sure how they can get you close to the original booking as there are no transatlantic sailings.

Mine too. I had booked the Divina for the Med cruise and then the TA. They changed my cruises for the Grandiosa  Med cruise from JAN/03/2021 to JAN/10/2021 and then the Meraviglia Caribbean cruise from JAN/09/2021 to JAN/23/2021.......

Hahahahahaah.... so funny..... how can I board the Meraviglia on Jan/09/2021 in the Caribbean if I'm still on the Grandiosa until JAN/10/2021in the Med?????

Will call today and cancel!!!!

7 minutes ago, sidari said:

Not sure how they can get you close to the original booking as there are no transatlantic sailings.

I do understand this so I am prepared for quite a change. But from 23 to 7 days? That is not even remotely close. 

Thankfully I now know this is only temporary so I'm a little more relaxed than last night. 

We shall see of course. 

Both my Fantasia and my Divina cruises have been cancelled, so they've some work to do keeping me satisfied lol

Just now, MM42 said:

Mine too. I had booked the Divina for the Med cruise and then the TA. They changed my cruises for the Grandiosa  Med cruise from JAN/03/2021 to JAN/10/2021 and then the Meraviglia Caribbean cruise from JAN/09/2021 to JAN/23/2021.......

Hahahahahaah.... so funny..... how can I board the Meraviglia on Jan/09/2021 in the Caribbean if I'm still on the Grandiosa until JAN/10/2021in the Med?????

Will call today and cancel!!!!

Hold fire on the cancellation. I spoke with the office this morning. The change to Meraviglia isn't the offer they're likely to give. They just had to put the booking somewhere. Contact for changes will begin July 1st so should know more a few days after. Might be worth the wait. 

25 minutes ago, xcell said:

Well at least they put you on a curise, my Divina August 2021 has just disappeared and no news when they will start booking Divina at Port Canaveral.  I would love for them just to have moved my cruise to PC if it was the same time and length of cruise, otherwise just refund my deposit (speaking of which, still waiting for the cruise deposit I cancelled 4 months ago)

I understand these are strange and difficult times but it looks like  MSC has no plan, just musical chairs with no end in site.

Yes the length of the cruise, coupled with it being a transatlantic was the selling point for me. Obviously getting me on another 23 night cruise in January will be a tough ask, and as such im open to negotiation. 

It was the shock of being moved to a 7 nighter. That I cannot accept. 

Roll on July now. 

I can't imagine the head scratching at MSC over what to do with all the Divina itinerary changes.  I had two Divina Yacht Club bookings. Both initially went to Meraviglia.  One 'change' was so good I paid the balance due.  Stupid me.  It got changed again to the Armonia, with a Yacht Club Experience.  Yeah right, Yacht Club on Armonia.  Now I'm told wait until July 13th when they will really tell me what I'm getting.  More mad at myself for thinking MSC was giving me something in my favor.

7 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

I can't imagine the head scratching at MSC over what to do with all the Divina itinerary changes.  I had two Divina Yacht Club bookings. Both initially went to Meraviglia.  One 'change' was so good I paid the balance due.  Stupid me.  It got changed again to the Armonia, with a Yacht Club Experience.  Yeah right, Yacht Club on Armonia.  Now I'm told wait until July 13th when they will really tell me what I'm getting.  More mad at myself for thinking MSC was giving me something in my favor.

Ouch. That is unlucky. But they've asked you to wait till the 13th? MSC told me I will know this week what the alternative will be. 

We had an 11 day on Divina in January they changed us to 7 day Meraviglia. Called when it was first changed they said call back July 1 which I did they said still working on them call back next week.....so we wait! I won’t accept the 7 day because we went from ports like Cartagena & Panama to ports like Cozumel (been 100 times) lost our great aft balcony to nothing special. When the change originally happened their website said 11 day cruises would move to 14 day cruises..... that verbiage has since been removed. Makes no sense to me why during corona virus and cancelled cruising they would start repositioning ships disrupting things even more. In order not to cancel they will need to make it a really good deal. 

Plus we had our May 2 Armonia cruise cancelled so we had moved it to March 26 Divina now that’s been cancelled and moved to Meraviglia sane ports as January 

21 hours ago, kelleherdl said:

You need to wait until July 13th for answers? did they say how they will contact you? we have 3 cruises they are messing with and its messing with my head 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, little britain said:

So July 13th is the new July 1st?!?🤷‍♀️

I guess nothing is finalised until you get the new invoice.   I keep checking on line daily. I have a cabin # and I have some OBC. 🤞

Well that's at least a cruise. Lol. Of the 3 bookings I had, all are cancelled and no longer showing online, with no alternatives in their place. 

I was told this week we would get the details on what they are offering, but I'm not expecting that to actually happen. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, little britain said:

I guess nothing is finalised until you get the new invoice.   I keep checking on line daily. I have a cabin # and I have some OBC. 🤞

Same here got cabin on Grandiosa changed from virtuosa, same itinerary with 200 euros OBC. They changed my dining time to late on request and sent me a list of available cabins which I could request change to. In the end we stuck with the angled balcony cabin with larger balcony on deck 11 , we originally had an aft facing balcony but only one left was deck 14 under buffet so decided against moving.

11 hours ago, little britain said:

I've stopped thinking calling will do me any good for at least a week.  I really don't see how they will accommodate the loss of unique itineraries, like TAs and 11-day Divina and replace any YC ship with a non YC ship.  Even $300 OBC doesn't cut it for me. YC Grand Deluxe Balcony to an Aurea S3 does not approach a similar cruise experience.