What sausages are on the msc cruises

Loverofcrafting

15 hours ago, Loverofcrafting said:

In the buffet of the msc cruises I have been on, they have some nice sausages.  They are long and skinny sausages.   

I went on European MSc cruises if that makes a difference. 

I fell in love with them sausages. 

nice to see a post not Corona related ! 😆 

Although we are always in the YC, when on the Divina I decided to walk into the regular buffet at lunch just to check-out the offerings.  I quickly spotted some decent Italian Sausages with sautéed peppers and onions with some decent rolls nearby.  Those sausages were terrific and immediately became my 2nd lunch :).

Hank 

19 hours ago, Loverofcrafting said:

In the buffet of the msc cruises I have been on, they have some nice sausages.  They are long and skinny sausages.   

I went on European MSc cruises if that makes a difference. 

I fell in love with them sausages. 

Could they possibly have been hot dogs for US guests who are not culinary adventurers?

The hot dogs are usually by the hamburgers.

• Like 1

On cruise lines I've seen mostly two types.  One is like a mini brat and the other like a Jones Dairy Farm type which sell frozen.

I know when we ordered pizza with sausage one night they used the Jones type.  It wasn't what I was expecting.

One can only guess what kind of  sausages they will have after a long shutdown that has battered the industry financially.  My guess is all food (because of cost) will be subject to change.  

Edited by Nymich

24 minutes ago, Nymich said:

One can only guess what kind of  sausages they will have after a long shutdown that has battered the industry financially.  My guess is all food (because of cost) will be subject to change.  

If MSC cut back more on food, I am afraid that they will lose alot of the new clients they got from other cruise lines through their loyalty matching... MSC is a decent product for the price, but they will soon go from average to poor if they reduce the food quality or choices.. 

1 minute ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

If MSC cut back more on food, I am afraid that they will lose alot of the new clients they got from other cruise lines through their loyalty matching... MSC is a decent product for the price, but they will soon go from average to poor if they reduce the food quality or choices.. 

Good point and I agree.  It just seems possible they will cut wherever they can.  Hopefully its not the sausage!  Lol

• Like 1

11 hours ago, RealNorwegianCruiser said:

It didn't seem to affect carnival Cruise any.i don't see any Cruise lines food getting worse than that but then again .I had breakfast at shoneys the other week and I thought they couldn't get any worse.they did though.

• Haha 1

On 7/3/2020 at 9:06 AM, Homosassa said:

Could they possibly have been hot dogs for US guests who are not culinary adventurers?

The hot dogs are usually by the hamburgers.

Americans a very adventurous.  America has more diverse cuisine than anywhere in the world.  Any type cuisine from any culture, anywhere in the world,  is available.  Give up the stereotyping.  

• Like 2