Doing Lift & Shift using RC On Line Form

Hi,

Question about doing Lift & Shift using RC's on line form.  After submitted, does RC get back to you with an opportunity to confirm?  Or once submitted, if approved that's it.  

My concern is what if RC does approve Lift & Shift but does not give price protection - & instead uses current pricing for the cruise you're asking for?

Thanks for responses,

NJ 

47 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Hi,

Question about doing Lift & Shift using RC's on line form.  After submitted, does RC get back to you with an opportunity to confirm?  Or once submitted, if approved that's it.  

My concern is what if RC does approve Lift & Shift but does not give price protection - & instead uses current pricing for the cruise you're asking for?

Thanks for responses,

NJ 

Once submitted that’s it.  You can change cabins in the same category.

all lift and shifts are price protected.  If for some reason yours did not meet the criteria it would be denied and your original reservation would remain. 

there is no situation where they would move you but not price protect it if you submitted using the lift and shift form.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Once submitted that’s it.  You can change cabins in the same category.

all lift and shifts are price protected.  If for some reason yours did not meet the criteria it would be denied and your original reservation would remain. 

there is no situation where they would move you but not price protect it if you submitted using the lift and shift form.

Appreciate your reply. But here's the issue - I have contacted Club Royale twice to L&S my Rhapsody TA Nov. 7th to Harmony TA Oct. 31, 2021.  Both times I was told they would do it (reluctantly) but not give price protection.   Something about itineraries being different.  But I see on CC that quite a few people have successfully done L&S using Rhapsody & Allure (both include CocoCay) for Harmony. 

Contacted my regular agent to L&S remaining five Rhapsody cruises to Harmony.  He doesn't think there will be any issues.  And they are all price protected - only tax changed. 

So should I try to do L&S online myself for Oct. 31st cruise & see what happens?  So you're saying RC won't confirm the L&S & change price on me?

Again, thanks - very frustrating.  Don't think we will ever book with Club Royale again.

NJ 

2 minutes ago, lovelife said:

Where is this form? I have L&Sd several and called.  I didn't  know one existed.

https://cancellation.royalcaribbean.com/?brand=R&_ga=2.159508477.1749092873.1593958899-138505762.1591632417

Thankfully, a very helpful person on CC posted this.  It's hard to find.  Hope it helps.

NJ 

10 minutes ago, NJ&Ozzie said:

Appreciate your reply. But here's the issue - I have contacted Club Royale twice to L&S my Rhapsody TA Nov. 7th to Harmony TA Oct. 31, 2021.  Both times I was told they would do it (reluctantly) but not give price protection.   Something about itineraries being different.  But I see on CC that quite a few people have successfully done L&S using Rhapsody & Allure (both include CocoCay) for Harmony. 

Contacted my regular agent to L&S remaining five Rhapsody cruises to Harmony.  He doesn't think there will be any issues.  And they are all price protected - only tax changed. 

So should I try to do L&S online myself for Oct. 31st cruise & see what happens?  So you're saying RC won't confirm the L&S & change price on me?

Again, thanks - very frustrating.  Don't think we will ever book with Club Royale again.

NJ 

Unless they move it price protected it will be denied and you are back to where you started.  They will not move it unless they protect the price. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unless they move it price protected it will be denied and you are back to where you started.  They will not move it unless they protect the price. 

OK - then I will submit form - see what happens.  Guess it takes a few days but will let you know what happens.

You are SO helpful & generous with your time.  

Thanks Ken!

NJ 

• Like 2

Just now, NJ&Ozzie said:

OK - then I will submit form - see what happens.  Guess it takes a few days but will let you know what happens.

You are SO helpful & generous with your time.  

Thanks Ken!

NJ 

Standard lift and shifts come back in about 24 hours.  Yours may take 7-10 as it sounds like it will need human intervention. 

5 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Standard lift and shifts come back in about 24 hours.  Yours may take 7-10 as it sounds like it will need human intervention. 

Yes, I definitely need some kind of "intervention".  Fingers/toes crossed....

Mucho thanks,

NJ 

• Like 2

For anyone curious, this is the email you get almost instantly upon submitting the L&S form using the link.  I got my actual updated confirmation that showed the price protected fare about 24 hours later. I shifted a March 2021 Allure to a March 2022 Symphony.  It was really easy!  One thing to note is that when I was filling out the form, the option I chose from their list of eligible swaps was Symphony which was an Eastern with Perfect Day. The Allure I was booked on was a Western with Perfect Day.  Was pretty happy about being able to chose the Eastern for that time frame. 

image.thumb.png.f0ca85c8df5c0d304bc2785df57728e4.png

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 2

Once you submit the L&S form, you can track the canx and rebook on the RCI website My Account. You can also get the new Vacation Receipt by using the automated phone options... I recently did a L&S online with RCI and never received an email notification. I had to call in a couple of times to get it all completed. Squeaky wheel theory...

1 hour ago, Another_Critic said:

Can a customer that booked thru a TA use the form to L&S them self or do they have to go thru their TA?

Yes you can use the on line form even if you used a TA.  The TA will get an e mail stating that you submitted your request.  I believe that once it is completed only the TA gets notified and it is up to them to notify you that it has been completed. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

One big reason for using the on line form is that you will usually get more shift options than the agents tell you. 

@Ourusualbeach  Not related to this topic, but I see in your signature you have Symphony in March 22.  Which week?  I just did a L&S to the March 5th sailing.  It would be great to meet you!    

4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Unfortunately I'm the week after you.  Would have been great to meet up. 

Bummer!  We were locked into that week due to my travel buddy's teaching schedule, their spring break is always really early compared to most others.  

1 hour ago, rockmom said:

Bummer!  We were locked into that week due to my travel buddy's teaching schedule, their spring break is always really early compared to most others.  

Our week is also spring break.  DW is a teacher and one child still in school.  That does seem early.

14 hours ago, rockmom said:

For anyone curious, this is the email you get almost instantly upon submitting the L&S form using the link.  I got my actual updated confirmation that showed the price protected fare about 24 hours later. I shifted a March 2021 Allure to a March 2022 Symphony.  It was really easy!  One thing to note is that when I was filling out the form, the option I chose from their list of eligible swaps was Symphony which was an Eastern with Perfect Day. The Allure I was booked on was a Western with Perfect Day.  Was pretty happy about being able to chose the Eastern for that time frame. 

image.thumb.png.f0ca85c8df5c0d304bc2785df57728e4.png

Thanks for this.  Great to know what to expect.  

NJ