Doing Lift & Shift using RC On Line Form

How aboutTrip insurance?  I've done one L&S last month and  though the Trip Insurance store and they helped us get the insurance transferred to the new cruise date.  Now I have a second one to L&S.  Eek. I haven't called yet because I'm still on the fence.  Has anyone transferred their trip insurance doing a L&S?

Check your Booking Receipt carefully. We used the form. We had a balcony on the original reservation and they L&S’d us to an interior. I had to call and spend quite a while on the phone to get it fixed. Ours took 3.5 days to complete from when we submitted it to when we got back the booking invoice with the incorrect stateroom category; but the longer time might be because it was a transatlantic cruise too. 

Edited by WeighAnchor

On 7/12/2020 at 4:53 AM, WeighAnchor said:

Check your Booking Receipt carefully.

Good advice!  Yesterday I used the form to L&S an owner's suite from Empress 4/21 to Odyssey 4/22.  This morning I received my booking confirmation with a J4 junior suite assignment.  During a lengthy call to RCCL the rep advised the Odyssey J4 is the equivalent to an Empress owner's suite and she proceeded to tell me how much the J4 would have cost me.  I had to nice and firmly state the L&S provides for the same category and if I had wanted a junior suite I would have booked that and paid $1000 less. I politely refused to accept the J4.  She eventually checked with a supervisor and came back with the news there are no more owner's suites available and they would assign me a grand suite.  Quite a difference in grand and owner's but that is all they would allow.  Yes, beware. 

I used the online form for my Presidents Cruise Allure.Med  I was in an 2 bedroom A2. The online form allowed the Anthem Med sailing. Three days later they assigned me a Grand Loft. Not a 2 bedroom but still Star Class. Can’t complain. It was a pretty seamless process. My next cruise obc transferred over as well. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 4:59 AM, vegas7df said:

I did my L&S over the phone, it only took 10 - 15  minutes. 

I also did a L&S over the phone just now...No wait time and it was quick and easier than I thought. I changed my March 2021 B2B to a March 2022...same departure port, ship, category and itinerary...Only difference in price was port fees & taxes. I had an amazing rate for 2021 and the rate for 2022 was crazy high...glad I was price protected.

My agent was not responding to my request to lift and shift allure nov 1 ta so i submitted through lift and shift site. A few days later agent responded saying royal said no. I asked why and what other options there were and no response. Royal wont help me. So many others from allure have shifted to quantum tp which is what we tried to do. We cant even get back into lift and shift site as it says already submitted. Any ideas anyone? Ive now even tried to do agency change back to royal

5 minutes ago, Jussnskip said:

My agent was not responding to my request to lift and shift allure nov 1 ta so i submitted through lift and shift site. A few days later agent responded saying royal said no. I asked why and what other options there were and no response. Royal wont help me. So many others from allure have shifted to quantum tp which is what we tried to do. We cant even get back into lift and shift site as it says already submitted. Any ideas anyone? Ive now even tried to do agency change back to royal

What options did it give you when you went on line.  I haven’t seen any that were submitted on line rejected unless it due to a cabin not being available. 

just saw you shifted to Quantum.  Seems like something strange is going on with your TA.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

What options did it give you when you went on line.  I haven’t seen any that were submitted on line rejected unless it due to a cabin not being available. 

I just did my first choice which was quantum, there were lots of others but wasnt interested in them. We have a 2 bed star class suite on allure but they just said sailing wasnt eligble which is not correct as i picked it from their list of approved cruises!

5 minutes ago, Jussnskip said:

I just did my first choice which was quantum, there were lots of others but wasnt interested in them. We have a 2 bed star class suite on allure but they just said sailing wasnt eligble which is not correct as i picked it from their list of approved cruises!

I don’t believe your TA.  In all that I have shifted if it doesn’t go through in the first 24 hours because everything is a direct match I have found it takes 7-10 days.  I think your TA just got the notice that you submitted it and that Royal hasn’t even processed it yet.   

yours might be relied based on the fact their may not be a comparable cabin for you to switch to.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

3 hours ago, Jussnskip said:

I had a 2 bedroom AQ on the Allure for the President's Cruise.  I used the online form for Anthem and they gave me a Grand Loft.  We only have 2 passengers so that is okay with me.  It took about 4 days for it to show up in my c/a account.

I have a “5 night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day” out of Fort Lauderdale booked on the Independence for October 12, 2020.  It is going to be cancelled any minute now and I considered L&S instead of refund.  I found a “5 night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day” out of Port Canaveral on the Mariner for November 1, 2021, and tried to use the online form.  It is telling me, “ The reservation number entered is not eligible for the Lift and Shift program.  There are no alternate sailings.”  What is wrong with that?  I know I could call, but I am still leaning 60% towards refund, so I don’t want to obligate right now.

8 minutes ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

I have a “5 night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day” out of Fort Lauderdale booked on the Independence for October 12, 2020.  It is going to be cancelled any minute now and I considered L&S instead of refund.  I found a “5 night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day” out of Port Canaveral on the Mariner for November 1, 2021, and tried to use the online form.  It is telling me, “ The reservation number entered is not eligible for the Lift and Shift program.  There are no alternate sailings.”  What is wrong with that?  I know I could call, but I am still leaning 60% towards refund, so I don’t want to obligate right now.

When I look up those 2 on the website I see the 2020 sailing listed as a Western.  They have the 2021 sailing listed as Bahamas.  You would need to call and probably escalate to resolutions

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

When I look up those 2 on the website I see the 2020 sailing listed as a Western.  They have the 2021 sailing listed as Bahamas.  You would need to call and probably escalate to resolutions

I called and was able to L&S with no problem.  When asked what I wanted to shift to, I said, “The 5 night Western Caribbean and Perfect Day on the Mariner on 11/1/21”.  I was on hold for a while, so I don’t know if she questioned the itinerary or not, but she was able to shift it without mentioning an issue to me.  We really wanted to be on the Independence on October 12; I hope that giving it up before it is cancelled will be a jinx and the Indy will sail without us.  I know better, but maybe...

• Like 1