Haven Lounge

I have the regular alcohol package that is given as a promo.  We are staying on the NCL Escape in the spa suite in 2022.  There are posts of different drinks available in the Haven lounge that are not available in other areas on the the ship.  Will I be charged extra if he makes a fancy drink?  Should I upgrade the alcohol package so I don't worry.

Even if you select something over $15 (covered by the promo package), you only pay the difference above $15 plus 20% on that difference. A $20 drink in or out of the Haven would cost $6 ($5+$1).

For most people, upgrading isn't needed. It's usually best to pay a la carte unless you specifically plan to order a lot of higher end stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

I have the regular alcohol package that is given as a promo.  We are staying on the NCL Escape in the spa suite in 2022.  There are posts of different drinks available in the Haven lounge that are not available in other areas on the the ship.  Will I be charged extra if he makes a fancy drink?  Should I upgrade the alcohol package so I don't worry.

The package cover the first $15 of the drink price. Unless you are reaching for top shelf booze, you can usually get drinks under $15 (even fancy ones).  And those that are over $15 hardly ever justify upgrading your drink package. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, 15yearsandwaiting said:

Many of the Haven bartenders are trained mixologists. You can ask them to "invent" a cocktail just for you without paying an added premium. For example you can say you are in the mood for something light and refreshing, something champagne-based, or tell them your base liquor, whether you like fruit or something creamy etc. They will create something special on the spot. It's one of the best parts of the Haven and you are correct that what they create cannot be found in other bars on board.

Edited by Coastalbreezes
  • Like 4

I think unless you specify a certain brand of alcohol that is over the limit you shouldn't have a problem. They've asked me what my favourite liquor is a few times and just made up something up with that. They also have a few ingredients that aren't at any other bars.

If your choose a specific drink that is over the $15.00 limit, you will be charged the extra, most likely.  I like on occasion an espresso martini, the haven Ships we have been on make a GOOD one, about a $3.00 upcharge, worth it!.  If on a longer cruise, sometimes the bartender just smiles and makes the wonderful drink with a smile and nod, no extra. 

Post #42 on the link below identifies (shaded areas) brands of liquor that exceed the $15 covered by the standard drinks package. Most people on a cruise with an unlimited drinks package are looking for more quantity over quality. 

Edited by BirdTravels