Apex Pool Sculpture

Dejlig Ko

I could swear I saw a photo of the resort deck of The Apex and the sculpture that is a set of wings on The Edge was a heart instead -- but now I cannot find that photo. Anyone else have it or a link to it? I'm beginning to doubt my memory! 

Really beautiful.. We.loved the  butterfly on EDGE and will hopefully get photos of this  when we eventually sail.on her. Seems I  can't copy it from Instagram..

The shape above the pool ( name escapes me right now) looks the same. as on EDGE...Has diff lights at  night.  I have the EDGE spinner necklace with that motif.

Not sure what is behind it???

Hope we can see some of the other art work soon..

Thank you so much for this APEX art preview. Many beautiful and expressive pieces,  So much to look forward to if we are able to cruise in her in Jan 2022.

Do you know if there is an Art Book available yet that we can access on line...?

Looks like  it is  curated by the same company that did the EDGE art collection...outstanding!

Edited by hcat

1 hour ago, downsmead said:

I can post to see if there is one available. The Art Work is stunning I agree.

Thank you..

The art on EDGE was a highlight of our two cruises on her! Enjoyed the Art tour...never finished my review of the tour... kind  of lost heart after the death of VT Cruiser because she was so much a part of learning and sharing about Edge Art!

Edited by hcat

13 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I just wish the art tour wasn't more expensive for a solo than for a couple. 😞 I'd love to take it, but won't on principle.

On our cruise..1st one with the tour..they cut our  two person price by half  ( and gave us a refund) because we  would only receive one of the enhanced art books per couple.  The special art book was worth the excursion fee and they threw in extra prints and other goodies!

I think once you book it you can work something out. It  did not cover  everything or any pieces not in public areas ( nothing in suites areas) but was still  very informative..moves at a quick pace!

Edited by hcat
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hcat said:

On our cruise..1st one with the tour..they cut our  two person price by half  ( and gave us a refund) because we  would only receive one of the enhanced art books per couple.  The special art book was worth the excursion fee and they threw in extra prints and other goodies!

I think once you book it you can work something out. It  did not cover  everything or any pieces not in public areas ( nothing in suites areas) but was still  very informative..moves at a quick pace!

We'll see what happens. I'm scheduled to be on the Edge in February and then Apex next July and Feb 2022.

I tried politely asking them to explain why it was more and not half, but the girl just gave me canned info about "It covers the cost of the book" which made NO sense, especially when she said "No, just one" when I asked if a couple got 2 copies.

What is the cost for just one?

We  are  scheduled for APEX in Jan 2022...too early to pre reserve the tour.if one is offered.  It is only a 5 day cruise so no idea if it will be.

At the time that X announced the EDGE ART TOUR I had been organizing one for my roll call.  Had  about 15 signed up  for the Art Crawl but no  volunteers to assist other than CC friends helping me.  I laid out the zones we would visit, ( building in a coffee and bar visit),  and started researching the pieces on which  we would focus.  Quite a big project! When X announced the excursion I  jumped on it , cancelled the  roll call Art Crawl and invited folks to sign up.  A few did but some felt it was too expensive at the time..dbl for a couple.

We enjoyed it! We did get some exclusive time in the restaurants to learn about the collections in each.  I will post a link to the incomplete review,....and maybe  finish it????

On 7/22/2020 at 12:00 AM, downsmead said:

A few more images of artwork on Apex.

We were booked on the 4 day cruise in April 😔. Not sure if / when we will sail on her.

3CFC018F-520E-498D-8F43-8EFE6A7E2BE1.png

74386E81-86D0-4EAC-9815-DB439ED0B762.png

5D2EB577-CB87-4B36-8BA0-69E3FA55F660.png

63C2AACD-D5B3-4900-9348-FBDC512C3338.png

Is there any info on the first piece? 

It is in EDEN, maybe looking over the table area below..hard to tell.

Wondering how EDEN may be different on APEX...decor and programming???

On 7/21/2020 at 10:13 AM, Dejlig Ko said:

I could swear I saw a photo of the resort deck of The Apex and the sculpture that is a set of wings on The Edge was a heart instead -- but now I cannot find that photo. Anyone else have it or a link to it? I'm beginning to doubt my memory! 

Following is a link to the Cruise Critic thread which features a photo of the Apex pool sculpture.  I believe this is what you are looking for...

Edited by Xport
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xport said:

Following is a link to the Cruise Critic thread which features a photo of the Apex pool sculpture.  I believe this is what you are looking for...

That is it - thank you!

1 hour ago, hcat said:

Link was in second post on this thread but nice to see it  here.. It is gping to be a VERY popular photo location.. Cant wait to see it at night!

Sorry. for the duplication..  I don't have an Instagram account so I never clicked on the link...  As it turns out, I just tried to access the photo via Instagram and was surprised  that I was able to see  the photo...  

On 7/23/2020 at 12:16 PM, downsmead said:

The Green Girl - Dk5 aft portside. Outside Eden.

The Face - Outside Ocean View Buffet

The Body of Knowledge - Rooftop Garden (same place as the Horse is on Edge)

Thank you...