CL/SL future when cruising returns.

3 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Which makes more business sense,  someone who spends $40k a year or one who spends $20k?

M8

Loyalty programs are leaning towards dollar spent these days.

And totally off topic, I just had to laugh when they just showed an NA Vodka commercial during the Bruins game.  Guess it isn't that bad.😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Loyalty programs are leaning towards dollar spent these days.

And totally off topic, I just had to laugh when they just showed an NA Vodka commercial during the Bruins game.  Guess it isn't that bad.😁

I'll tell you what really demonstrates loyalty..... people continuing to give money to an industry that is shut down.😉😊

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Then you should ask Royal which customer they prefer. The one that spends more $ in a year with RoyaI  or the one who spends less. I know the answer, from a business standpoint. 

M8

I know the answer from a business standpoint too. But that isn't the true definition of being loyal..... that was my only point.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Award points by $ spent with Royal. Not really referring to X, it just happened to be the example used. 

M8

If they did that the points to achieve a level would have to change and that would mean a revamp of the whole C&A loyalty structure. I can't see that happening.....especially now. 

6 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

If they did that the points to achieve a level would have to change and that would mean a revamp of the whole C&A loyalty structure. I can't see that happening.....especially now. 

I’m sure they know what people have spent. Just need a good IT and Programer to do the conversion.

M8

2 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I’m sure they know what people have spent. Just need a good IT and Programer to do the conversion.

M8

Well there you go...they can't even maintain their website with much dependability.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Which makes someone more loyal, spending more dollars on one cruise or spending more dollars by taking multiple cruises?

Neither of those makes them loyal. 

Providing value, exceptional products, rewards, etc. makes customers loyal

Or did you mean demonstrates loyalty?

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Neither of those makes them loyal. 

Providing value, exceptional products, rewards, etc. makes customers loyal

Or did you mean demonstrates loyalty?

Yes, John, that is exactly what I ment.

• Thanks 1

Loyalty is a marketing term.  The program, like all cruise, hotel and airline programs, is set up to entice customers to chose them.  Nothing to do with Loyalty.  Customers who are “loyal” have been enticed by the extras -lounge, drinks, internet, etc...  

From a business point of view, give me the one time a year suite over the inside Pin.  In non-Covid times, you can always sell the inside to someone that will spend money on the ship.  Pins in inside cabins are money losers.  Post Covid, all customers are gold.    

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Yes, John, that is exactly what I ment.

Still a hard question though.

Now if occupancy levels drop, Royal would like to find bodies to fill cabins. So booking lots of weeks is good

But if occupancy levels remain high, Royal would not benefit from value cruisers filling up their real estate. They would do better with high dollar cruisers onboard. 

Does that make sense. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Loyalty is a marketing term.  The program, like all cruise, hotel and airline programs, is set up to entice customers to chose them.  Nothing to do with Loyalty.  Customers who are “loyal” have been enticed by the extras -lounge, drinks, internet, etc...  

From a business point of view, give me the one time a year suite over the inside Pin.  In non-Covid times, you can always sell the inside to someone that will spend money on the ship.  Pins in inside cabins are money losers.  Post Covid, all customers are gold.    

What's with all the inside Pins? By sheer numbers, more non pins are sailing the insides. Oh, and to really mess with you, with a balcony discount, insidescarent always cheaper. Especially on Oasis ships 

FWIW, my last sail was STAR

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Well, the cruise lines need to survive Covid first, then hope their tarnished reputations get polished up fairly quickly. You said one thing quite correctly... all customers are gold, each and every one. And that includes pinnacles in inside cabins.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Still a hard question though.

Now if occupancy levels drop, Royal would like to find bodies to fill cabins. So booking lots of weeks is good

But if occupancy levels remain high, Royal would not benefit from value cruisers filling up their real estate. They would do better with high dollar cruisers onboard. 

Does that make sense. 

No. What does anything you wrote have to do with whether or not I, or anyone else,  is loyal to Royal?

19 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

Seems to me that Royal is catering to both sets of customers extremely well especially on the Oasis And Quantum class ships.

Suites  are getting a lot more perks included With their fare than they would just through the loyalty program yet the loyalty program keeps that repeat business.

There is absolutely no reason that the two totally separate programs cannot co-exist.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Seems to me that Royal is catering to both sets of customers extremely well especially on the Oasis And Quantum class ships.

Suites  are getting a lot more perks included With their fare than they would just through the loyalty program yet the loyalty program keeps that repeat business.

There is absolutely no reason that the two totally separate programs cannot co-exist.

They could. It was looking like before COVID19 they were headed in the right direction. 

M8

52 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Well, the cruise lines need to survive Covid first, then hope their tarnished reputations get polished up fairly quickly. You said one thing quite correctly... all customers are gold, each and every one. And that includes pinnacles in inside cabins.

Did not mean to “insult” pins in inside cabins.  Just that in the long term, without Covid, they are less profitable than one time cruisers in suites. 

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Read my edit.

I did, and here is your original question

Which makes someone more loyal, spending more dollars on one cruise or spending more dollars by taking multiple cruises?

This question really can't be answered because it's ambiguous. Seriously, what's the difference between spending $10,000 on one cruise or five $2,000 cruises. Suite passengers can be easily as rabid as the upper C&A types. They might just not have the available time to float aimlessly around the oceans. But at the end of the day they speak with their wallets and come back to their favorite line. So I see loyalty as willing to drop big bucks for their favorite product

And the airlines definitely consider their business customers traveling up front to be their most loyal and valuable customers

I guess my previous answer was more how Royal would judge or need loyalty in the near term

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

I did not think MD’s wrote a thesis.  I did, but not an MD and don’t use the Doctor prefix.. IMO, should be MD’s only.  

You miss the point, I was the one writing a thesis on marketing. And failing miserably

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

We don't. We spend our time learning to take care of patients' needs.

Did not mean to offend.  Just don’t believe PhD’s should use the Dr title.  I am a PhD - Organic Chemistry - yes, ,very boring - but never say I’m a doctor 

Edited by Seville2Cabo
  • Like 1